Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    DC/Collected Editions Mod The Darknight Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    So we all know batman is hands down the best Detective in the Dc Universe
    I'm shocked no one has questioned that yet (not me!)

Best after Bruce? I'll go with Ralph, but it's kind of a spin-of-the-wheel pick with so many excellent choices out there.
    A bat! That's it! It's an omen.. I'll shall become a bat!

Pre-CBR Reboot Join Date: 10-17-2010

Pre-CBR Reboot Posts: 4,362

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ So... what's your excuse now?

Retired

I'm a fan of the original Detective Chimp run--by John Broome and Carmine Infantino--in THE ADVENTURES OF REX THE WONDER DOG. But I have to say I have not read much of Bobo's recent stories. I understand that there's some supernatural reason why he can do the amazing things he does. But in the original comics, he was just supposed to be a very clever chimpanzee. He certainly solved mysteries, but we weren't supposed to think he was some sort of mutant ape. Nor were we supposed to believe he was the greatest detective in the world--just the greatest detective chimp in the world. Now if we're talking Sam Simeon--that's another animal all together.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    All members of the Croatoan Society
    what's that?
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

While he may not be in the league of the World's Greatest Detective (because DC wouldn't allow him to be shown as a good detective at times), Superman has shown to be quite the detective in his own right being an investigative journalist and all.

Many of the Lois and Clark moments in the comics tend to feature one or both the Daily Planet's top reporters doing some detective work for a story, even during the more over the top Silver Age stories you still have moments where Superman stops for a moment to think and make deductions when trying to solve a crime, at one point in Pre-Crisis according to Superman's Pal Jimmy Olsen #111, Clark Kent was officially a member of the Mystery Analysts of Gotham City, a group of dedicated mystery solvers who decided to meet regularly to solve mysterious crimes that included Commissioner Gordon and Batman in their membership.
    ckmagc.jpg

The Lois and Clark TV series had moments where the pair did some investigative journalism since the Daily Planet was a major part of the series.

One of my favorite episodes from Superman The Animated Series was "The Late Mr. Kent", which had a noir feel to it right down to the narration,
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    what's that?
    From the weekly 52.

Detective Chimp and Ralph were members.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Hasn't it been acknowledged in the comics themselves that Detective Chimp is the best?

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    Hasn't it been acknowledged in the comics themselves that Detective Chimp is the best?
    It's probably been acknowledged for a variety of people here and there, but at the end of the day, there's only one World's Greatest Detective and he has had that sobriquet before I started reading comics (hint: a long time ago ).

He's out-deducted Batman at times but they've never conclusively said if he's the best.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    While he may not be in the league of the World's Greatest Detective (because DC wouldn't allow him to be shown as a good detective at times), Superman has shown to be quite the detective in his own right being an investigative journalist and all.
    .I agree. Clark Kent is often underrated on this score.

Quote Originally Posted by The Darknight Detective View Post
    ... after Bruce? I'll go with Ralph, but it's kind of a spin-of-the-wheel pick with so many excellent choices out there.
    Very true. Roy Raymond is another decent contender, as is Jason Bard.

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    One of my favorite episodes from Superman The Animated Series was "The Late Mr. Kent", which had a noir feel to it right down to the narration,
    That was one of my favorites as well.

I'm going with Detective Chimp, great detective on a normal level and in the field of magic.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

It's probably been acknowledged for a variety of people here and there, but at the end of the day, there's only one World's Greatest Detective and he has had that sobriquet before I started reading comics (hint: a long time ago ).
    That title was given to him by his fellow human beings who have a long-standing prejudice towards the primate community

That title was given to him by his fellow human beings who have a long-standing prejudice towards the primate community
    Well, you got me there.

Well, you got me there.
    https://images.app.goo.gl/yX2ih6jdChacvUYU9

Boisterously Confused

Y'know, I came roaring about Elongated Man (and stand by it), but am a bit surprised we haven't seen a militant Nightwing constituency make themselves heard.

Astonishing Member batnbreakfast's Avatar

Boy, do I miss Travis Clevenger. He was a tracker who looked like Sabretooth.