Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Post What's wrong with EVS against of DC Comics ?

Like this guy has a lot of agenda in doing anything to make DC Comics shut down for good. Seriously, What's wrong with this artist and the way he talked, he like the guy who create deathwish for a person and curse it until he fullfilled his desires. Even in youtube, he alway make a topic about DC Comics dead or closing down. Come on do any have explaination.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

We don't like giving him or his cronies a platform, but to answer your question, it comes across as sour grapes. DC didn't defend him when he was being a shitty person and he thinks that means they deserve his ire.

Don't follow his content anymore, dude. All he does is try to stir the pot to get people riled up and then turns that into money for himself. Spend your time finding a positive outlet for your energy.

CBR tends to not endorse threads that are based on saying bad things about creators, so I don't expect this thread to be around for too long.

Guy does seem to have quite the chip on his shoulder on a good many things (his Star Wars videos are something else). My understanding is that he got fired (or didn't have contract renewed) because of bad behavior and he seems to think or wants to think that he was the innocent party. Frankly, I wish that he would let go of his various grievances and just focus on producing his crowd-funded comics; that would be healthier for himself and the rest of us.

Seeing as EVS is a bellwether for Those Who Must Not Be Named, a topic that the Powers That Be don't want discussed on this website, this may not be the best place to get answers on the subject.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    CBR tends to not endorse threads that are based on saying bad things about creators, so I don't expect this thread to be around for too long.
    I don't think this is a thread to bash someone. Just somebody asking a legit question.

Because right now that person is scorch earthing a company that gave him shots others didn't get.

He made Impulse a decent seller when Dc wanted it to fail.

He helped make Green Lantern a seller.

Even though no one wanted to do Firestorm New 52-he made an effort.

Now the issue for him is does his scorch earthing of DC come with a price that will cost him.

Remember co-creator of Jessica Cruz. Dc could easily remove his name from her being a co-creation of his or remove her.

She is the only creation (co) of his still active in DC.

He can be mad about his removal (that was more on HIM than DC) but there comes a point to move on.

Saying he wants to see the end of DC may be an exaggeration, but his disdain for those still in charge are well documented. He does seem quite bitter at his treatment by DC, but I will not say his ire is unwarranted, as it's not really clear what happened—DC claims one thing, EVS claims another. In the end, his videos are entertaining, and his artwork is still some of the better in the business, if nothing else.

On another note, it's a shame CBR is somewhat adversarial towards the topic of some select creators, but such are things, it seems. Regardless of their opinions, the work they do should still at least be an allowed topic of discussion, same as with any other creator.
    Last edited by Citizen Kane; 11-21-2020 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    Saying he wants to see the end of DC may be an exaggeration, but his disdain for those still in charge are well documented. He does seem quite bitter at his treatment by DC, but I will not say his ire is unwarranted, as it's not really clear what happened—DC claims one thing, EVS claims another. In the end, his videos are entertaining, and his artwork is still some of the better in the business, if nothing else.
    Always thought his work was detailed to the point of being distracting, but different tastes and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    On another note, it's a shame CBR is somewhat adversarial towards the topic of some select creators, but such are things, it seems. Regardless of their opinions, the work they do should still at least be an allowed topic of discussion, same as with any other creator.
    This was the original announcement on the subject. Guess you could PM the moderators for more specifics and if it only extends to EVS' work with that faction.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Always Rakzo

He sadly went crazy in recent years with the whole "SJWs ruin everything!" which was mostly because he started being associated with some of the worst "critics" in comics.

Like, okay, there's a bit of that direction going on in comics, particularly at Marvel, that makes it seem like pandering but when you start seeing the damn same thing everywhere and especially complaining about it then maybe the problem is yourself.

I'm not losing any sleep over CBR not platforming shitheads like that.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

My stepdad got sucked into this mess. I don't know the full story. He made fun of someone who was depressed and contemplating suicide and made some joke about Mien Kampf. Past that, I don't know the exact circumstances. Near as I can tell the whole 'gate thing just amounts to "GIRLS ARE TOUCHING MY STUFF!!!!"
    Assassinate Putin!

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

As with any other workplace, being talented doesn't make you a good person.
    He has said a lot of stuff that people have taken offense to. Now, that's his right and have at it I say, but then to whinge about how you're being treated after spewing your bile is a bit rich.
    I think he is a VERY good artist, but I abhor his politics.
    Unfortunately it has become impossible to keep the two separate of one another.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

YouTube is the grand master of enablers

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    EVS hates sites like CBR with a passion second only to his hatred of DC and Marvel (which is legendary). He frequently trashes this site. So, they might not mind in this case.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Is he one of those wackos burning comics on Youtube?
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by married guy View Post
    As with any other workplace, being talented doesn't make you a good person.
    He has said a lot of stuff that people have taken offense to. Now, that's his right and have at it I say, but then to whinge about how you're being treated after spewing your bile is a bit rich.
    I think he is a VERY good artist, but I abhor his politics.
    Unfortunately it has become impossible to keep the two separate of one another.
    What his politics have to do with anything? He'd be same ******* if he was progressive liberal as well.