Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    BANNED

Default Deadpool 3 Discussion

It's FINALLY happening. Deadpool 3 is officially moving forward.

Ryan Reynolds has called on the Molyneux Sisters (Bob's Burgers) for writing duties.

Other reports suggest that, in typical Deadpool fashion, the film will be titled Deadpool: Retcon, and will be under the 20th Century Pictures banner to avoid an R-rated film being produced under the Disney name.

So I guess it's time to start speculating. Personally I hope they use the film (particularly Cable time travel) to pick what bits they want to retain from the FoX-Men (Dafne Keen's X-23, Evan Peters' Quicksilver, etc.) as sort of a mini-Exiles.

Works for me. Bring back Zazie and Brolin as Domino and Cable and I’m all set.

Cool! hoping to see Psylocke (Betsy or Kwannon in it)
    A picture would last longer darling...

That would be pretty cool. The four of them came together as an X-Force bundle in Fortnite. Throw in X-23 and that’s a hell of an X-Force squad right there. Maybe Forge too, as tech and weapons support.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Cool! hoping to see Psylocke (Betsy or Kwannon in it)
    I'd honestly like to see Munn get a second shot. I actually thought her casting was a solid choice, they just failed to actually DO anything with it.

It'd be kind of hilarious if this is the first film to introduce the X-Men and Mutants to the MCU .

Very excited to finally get some concrete news. This stage of movie development is fun because information and rumors start to pour in with casting and filming and production and all that.

I have high hopes for this. Love Bob's Burgers and I'm interested in seeing how Feige and Co. work with Reynolds

I wonder if they’ll introduce any MCU X-men in this one. I know Reynolds has been dying to get Wolverine to show up in a Deadpool film.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I'd honestly like to see Munn get a second shot. I actually thought her casting was a solid choice, they just failed to actually DO anything with it.
    Second this idea so hard.

Would be great if Feige will allow them to reboot some FOX characters in the MCU, using the same actors. Brolin, Zazie, Munn and Dafne entering the MCU as different versions, with Wade being the only one who remembers the FOX versions for comedic effect, would be great IMO!

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

I've said before, but the perfect ending to this is Deadpool and Cable arriving in the MCU and having to run from all the heroes...because they think Cable is Thanos.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    I've said before, but the perfect ending to this is Deadpool and Cable arriving in the MCU and having to run from all the heroes...because they think Cable is Thanos.
    I'm sure Josh Brolin would be down for it .

He has said he would be, and wants to get even bigger for the role next time: https://www.cbr.com/cable-josh-broli...e-second-film/

The only question is whether Kevin Feige wants to blank slate everything besides Reynolds as Deadpool for the MCU. I have read some things that indicate that might be the case, but also other rumors that say Zazie and Brolin might come back but with no knowledge of the FOX-verse while Deadpool remembers it. So we’ll see I guess.

But they are saying it will remain R-rated now...

https://www.cbr.com/disney-deadpool-...-rated-sequel/

Which bodes well for Cable, Domino and other X-Force characters IMO. Because Feige will likely want to keep most of the supporting characters somewhat contained to the R-rated corner of the MCU, which may boast characters/franchises like Deadpool and Blade. So they’re not going to want to have big roles for mainstream heroes like Spider-man, Captain America or even Wolverine in these R-rated films. I’d say they could get cameos, done mostly for laughs, but not major supporting roles.

Meanwhile, however, X-Force characters like Domino and Cable who likely won’t have big roles (or any role at all) in the MCU X-men films are fair game. That’s how I see it anyway. And I would much prefer Cable, Domino, Psylocke/Kwannon and X-23 to be done justice in a hyper-violent R-rated flick than sub-optimized over in the PG-13 “all ages” MCU myself.
    Last edited by Jackraow21; 11-21-2020 at 11:26 AM.

They could have a crossover with the New Mutants film with an interaction between Colossus and Magik.

I could also see a scene it reveals someone paid Deadpool to steal Scott and Jean's baby (Cable) and brings him to the future lol.

So, we don't know if this's part of the Fox series, an extension of the MCU, or just something that's being given free reign to be whatever the filmmakers want to do?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)