Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Oy staying away from that. Anyway hope Deadpool 3 is good. As long as Reynolds is on board and happy I have faith. As far as Disney,I was worried about Disney plus stuff like Moon Knight but watching Madalorian cured me of that. Love the show and its clearly not a show directed at 8 year olds. It's uses inferred violence perfectly imo. Mando stringing a guy up from a light pole and then walking away as the guy screams before the beast come in to eat him works. So even if Deadpool did end up being Pg13 it can still work, alot of his comics would be Pg 13 .

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Oy staying away from that. Anyway hope Deadpool 3 is good. As long as Reynolds is on board and happy I have faith. As far as Disney,I was worried about Disney plus stuff like Moon Knight but watching Madalorian cured me of that. Love the show and its clearly not a show directed at 8 year olds. It's uses inferred violence perfectly imo. Mando stringing a guy up from a light pole and then walking away as the guy screams before the beast come in to eat him works. So even if Deadpool did end up being Pg13 it can still work, alot of his comics would be Pg 13 .
    Yeah, I can see that being the kind of content Disney is willing to let get away with for some of the more "darker" characters like Moon Knight and Blade.

Do we know yet if the movie is supposed to be a continuation of the Fox series, an MCU reboot of some kind, or whatever it wants to be?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Do we know yet if the movie is supposed to be a continuation of the Fox series, an MCU reboot of some kind, or whatever it wants to be?
    Probably a little bit of columns A, B, and C .

Some leaked video going around right now but iono if its real. Claims Disney+ is adding a 18+ section. I tend to think the video is fake though. Its says Black Widow April 16th with premiere access. Yea I don't think they doing that **** anymore after Mulan. Either it will wait for theaters or they will do what HBO max doing with WW84.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Some leaked video going around right now but iono if its real. Claims Disney+ is adding a 18+ section. I tend to think the video is fake though. Its says Black Widow April 16th with premiere access. Yea I don't think they doing that **** anymore after Mulan. Either it will wait for theaters or they will do what HBO max doing with WW84.
    We know that Disney+ internationally is adapting Hulu into Star, so maybe this will essentially be the same thing? Bob Chapek seems to be still committed to doing Premiere Access but I think if they do that with Black Widow now after WW84 being no extra cost they'll be pretty hated, although it's important to note that WW84 is only going to be on HBO Max for a month before it's taken off.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Yeah, I can see that being the kind of content Disney is willing to let get away with for some of the more "darker" characters like Moon Knight and Blade.
    Disney can test the waters, I don't know if they have added the Netflix marvel tv runs on Disney plus. They can also add the actual R rated marvel films on plus with Blade and Logan on Disney plus.

It will create more unnecessary division if they create a sub-section called Disney 18+. It's like I already said, its Disney not fans that are the people doing the whole kids vs adult entertainment, HBO max are the only people that truly deserves that adult label if we want to use it harshly. All thus stuff Disney whines that are 18+ ''adult'' are mostly YA content at best.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

I’m not sure if they have enough “adult” content to even justify the effort in creating an additional section. Just add parental control feature for certain additions than call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
    I’m not sure if they have enough “adult” content to even justify the effort in creating an additional section. Just add parental control feature for certain additions than call it a day.
    They have Fox's entire Catalog. They could easily fill sections much larger then some if the ones they already have on the app.

Edit: except for things Fox licensed out to other streaming companies prior. But they will get that stuff back at some point.

Here's the supposed leak if its real. 18+ at the end

Last edited by Midvillian1322; 11-23-2020 at 12:26 AM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Oh come on, Mulan was very profitable for them and saw signups go up over 60% from the previous month. That some people on message boards didn't like the pay wall means jack when the results businesswise were overwhelmingly positive...and that was with a film that didn't have anywhere near the hype of a film like Deadpool or Black Widow would.

Like it or not we're likely to see them do a premium VOD again, the dollar signs are just too big and if you seriously think other wise I have a bridge in Brooklyn, some tropical beach front property in Montana and a mountain in Kansas I'd like to sell you; you can just PM your banking information and I'll take care of the rest.
    Last edited by thwhtGuardian; 11-23-2020 at 08:35 AM.

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

They have Fox's entire Catalog. They could easily fill sections much larger then some if the ones they already have on the app.

Edit: except for things Fox licensed out to other streaming companies prior. But they will get that stuff back at some point.

Here's the supposed leak if its real. 18+ at the end

That's fair. I've always been under the impression that most of it was destined to end up on Hulu instead of Disney plus but perhaps I assume to much.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

The 18+ thing is fake. Not only do many of those titles not belong to Disney until 2022, but the rumored "adult section" is a built in thing called Star.

Bob's Burgers Deadpool. Can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    The 18+ thing is fake. Not only do many of those titles not belong to Disney until 2022, but the rumored "adult section" is a built in thing called Star.
    Oh so they already confirmed there will be a R rated section? Its just not whats in the video and Is called Star? Thats a weird name for an Adult section of they're app

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Oh so they already confirmed there will be a R rated section? Its just not whats in the video and Is called Star? Thats a weird name for an Adult section of they're app
    It's really just a means of doing Hulu outside the USA without transferring Hulu itself over because then Disney would be handing money over to Universal and Comcast for it. They want 100% profit instead of just 70-80%.