Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Deadpool 3 is Moving Forward

Ryan Reynolds will return and it seems Marvel Studios not 20th Century Studios will helm it. The film is expected to be R rated and will be penned by Bob Burgers writers the Molyneux Sisters.

But But Marvel/Disney won't do an R rated movie. Every thing is kiddie with Disney... Did I miss something that those people use to say?

I am looking forward to it, I hope they do a backdoor to an X-force set up in the MCU even just as it own thing. I would be surprised Marvel started to embrace the multiverse as well

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Ryan Reynolds will return and it seems Marvel Studios not 20th Century Studios will helm it. The film is expected to be R rated and will be penned by Bob Burgers writers the Molyneux Sisters.
    Why not keep the old writers they were good.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    But But Marvel/Disney won't do an R rated movie. Every thing is kiddie with Disney... Did I miss something that those people use to say?

I am looking forward to it, I hope they do a backdoor to an X-force set up in the MCU even just as it own thing. I would be surprised Marvel started to embrace the multiverse as well
    Disney has not fundamentally made it clear it will be R Rated. It is just speculated. Not many people doubted there won't be a deadpool 3, We knew Disney will likely continue the franchise the question was but for how much and long.

Joker and Logan has also changed comic books r rated films more than Deadpool because Joker and Logan were more drama based, which made you appreciate the r rating a lot more than Deadpool. Can Disney try a hand at those movies with many xmen properties?

If it was left to Disney, they wished Deadpool never had movies. Disney is been forced to continue Deadpool because the character and film made such a huge splash.

Even if Deadpool 3 is rated R in the end, Under Disney you would likely end up with an R like movie like Birds of Prey, which is R in name only. meaning in practical terms, a film like Days of Future Past that was PG 13 is going to be more R RATED than Disney's Deadpool 3. One possible give away to this is Disney, not Ryan is hiring the writers
    Last edited by Castle; 11-22-2020 at 04:18 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Why not keep the old writers they were good.
    Giving Disney's track record, they probably want a writer or writers they can control. Disney tells the writers what goes into a movie.

I am not blaming Ryan Reynolds, with all that is going on in the world. Hollywood actors need more work than ever before. Ryan at this point will settle for a dumbed down Deadpool movie where he is no longer in charge hiring the writers like he was in the first 2 films.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

There are significant rumours that Disney+ is getting an adult only section announced at the next investor meeting on December 10th, wouldn’t be surprised if Deadpool 3 being released on there will be the big hook or not. Certainly I wonder if Once Upon A Deadpool (the kid friendly Christmas version of Deadpool 2) will get a secret release on there in December as well.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    There are significant rumours that Disney+ is getting an adult only section announced at the next investor meeting on December 10th, wouldn’t be surprised if Deadpool 3 being released on there will be the big hook or not. Certainly I wonder if Once Upon A Deadpool (the kid friendly Christmas version of Deadpool 2) will get a secret release on there in December as well.
    ABC TV studios for me has always been the adult section of Disney, Additionally I don't like how the word ''adult'' is always seen as a dirty word when it concerns any disney film or tv.

You don't need to be an ''adult'' to enjoy many movies or tv shows that deals with many mature themes. this is one of the reasons YA books like hunger games and twilight were so popular, or a masterpiece book such as To Kill a Mockingbird. That is even classified more as a children's book than a YA book

The problem for Disney is, over the last decade or two have just made everything unnecessarily childlike with their marvel movies and Disney animated films or even with Disney Star Wars. I think this is the reason it now feels like a huge deal if there are rumours or speculations Disney is making an r rated movie or a Disney + for adults section. It should not be the case.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    ABC TV studios for me has always been the adult section of Disney, Additionally I don't like how the word ''adult'' is always seen as a dirty word when it concerns any disney film or tv.

You don't need to be an ''adult'' to enjoy many movies or tv shows that deals with many mature themes. this is one of the reasons YA books like hunger games and twilight were so popular, or a masterpiece book such as To Kill a Mockingbird. That is even classified more as a children's book than a YA book

The problem for Disney is, over the last decade or two have just made everything unnecessarily childlike with their marvel movies and Disney animated films or even with Disney Star Wars. I think this is the reason it now feels like a huge deal if there are rumours or speculations Disney is making an r rated movie or a Disney + for adults section. It should not be the case.
    This.

Disney is classifying anything that isn't for a 10 year old or younger as adult themed and don't really like to associate itself with it for marketing reasons. Which is crazy because they weren't always like that especially in the 90s and before.

I wonder how much of this will be integrating X-Men and stuff from the Fox movies into the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post

Even if Deadpool 3 is rated R in the end, Under Disney you would likely end up with an R like movie like Birds of Prey, which is R in name only. meaning in practical terms, a film like Days of Future Past that was PG 13 is going to be more R RATED than Disney's Deadpool 3. One possible give away to this is Disney, not Ryan is hiring the writers
    This is your post in a not nutshell

When factual proven you are wrong, You still want to claim to be right.

The goalpost is constantly being moved, Now it has gone from they can't make rated R movies To the movie won't be rated R enough. What is the point of having a discussion? The sarcasm of my post was lost on you and I would have apologized to the thread for almost baiting this style of poster except that this thread is bait enough and they would have come anyway. Moving on

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I wonder how much of this will be integrating X-Men and stuff from the Fox movies into the MCU.
    Probably nothing honestly, The movie will probably joke about its lack of connection to Fox and probably the MCU as well. It makes sense to be self-contained and a final going off to fans of the series. I think Nega Sonic is the only character who is a guarantee to show up. Even though colossus was a big enough part of the films and they were clear X-men connections like Juggernaut, Cable, Domino the actual X-men content was pretty low. That said they could embrace the multiverse and just say this another world and go crazy with the X-connection. What stuff comes before it will be key Dr. Strange, Eternals, some movie with an MCU X-men cameo in it could change Deadpool imo
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 11-21-2020 at 06:29 PM.

Probably nothing honestly, The movie will probably joke about its lack of connection to Fox and probably the MCU as well. It makes sense to be self-contained and a final going off to fans of the series. I think Nega Sonic is the only character who is a guarantee to show up. Even though colossus was a big enough part of the films and they were clear X-men connections like Juggernaut, Cable, Domino the actual X-men content was pretty low. That said they could embrace the multiverse and just say this another world and go crazy with the X-connection. What stuff comes before it will be key Dr. Strange, Eternals, some movie with an MCU X-men cameo in it would change Deadpool imo
    I guess a better question would be what MCU guest star they'll manage to rope into this .

Josh Brolin for sure the Thanos and Cable jokes is easy fun

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

My theory is that they’ll use Deadpool 3 to establish the Fox X-Men movies as part of the MCU multiverse that they’ll be sorting out over Spider-Man 3 and Doctor Strange 2 and then have Deadpool be the other character outside Spider-Man who can jump between universes and continuities.

BANNED

This is your post in a not nutshell

When factual proven you are wrong, You still want to claim to be right.

The goalpost is constantly being moved, Now it has gone from they can't make rated R movies To the movie won't be rated R enough. What is the point of having a discussion? The sarcasm of my post was lost on you and I would have apologized to the thread for almost baiting this style of poster except that this thread is bait enough and they would have come anyway. Moving on

Probably nothing honestly, The movie will probably joke about its lack of connection to Fox and probably the MCU as well. It makes sense to be self-contained and a final going off to fans of the series. I think Nega Sonic is the only character who is a guarantee to show up. Even though colossus was a big enough part of the films and they were clear X-men connections like Juggernaut, Cable, Domino the actual X-men content was pretty low. That said they could embrace the multiverse and just say this another world and go crazy with the X-connection. What stuff comes before it will be key Dr. Strange, Eternals, some movie with an MCU X-men cameo in it could change Deadpool imo
    Factual proven I am wrong? lol. it was pretty much fact that Disney has thrown cold water to what they think are adult story lines when in fact, Marvel comics never intended the stories that way. They told human relatable stories of flawed heroes, it was Disney that came up with the idea of thinking this is for kids and this is for adults.

The goal post is not moved, the goal post is reaffirmed, once again, your response to me feels subject empty , which is usually the problem of disney movies.

It did not take many DC fans to tell the difference between Joker's R and Birds of Prey's R. This should be a lot clear with Marvel fans with deadpool 3.

The fact is that even Marvel so called less kid friendly movies still come off childlike to other films. If they somehow make R Rated movies, the same will be the case.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    My theory is that they’ll use Deadpool 3 to establish the Fox X-Men movies as part of the MCU multiverse that they’ll be sorting out over Spider-Man 3 and Doctor Strange 2 and then have Deadpool be the other character outside Spider-Man who can jump between universes and continuities.
    Despite my reservations that Tobey Maguire should not return, I do believe he will for Spiderman homecoming 3 and we already know Electro-Foxx is coming back. Since MCU is more tied to using a formula , there will also be some kind of forced multiverse.

I think its a shame though, Deadpool is a special character, he breaks the 4th fall, so the multiverse story fits him but extending it to others and possibly trying to woo Hugh Jackman, Ian Mckellen or Kelsey Grammer to return just to hype up movies kind of sucks.

I think it is safe to say, MCU is done with stand alone authentic story telling. Thor 4 is said to have a big Avengers cast, Spiderman 3 will have Strange, likely Tobey Maguire and Jamie Foxx Electro so its no brainer MCU X-MEN will follow suit, what Disney does not realise is the more they put out this bonanzas movies, the more credibility their movie looses.

If they really wanted to make an actual multiverse worthy of the comics and of true science fiction story. Inviting James Mangold as a director and X23 to return will be a good sign, to make his spin off but we know that will never happen because in the world of Disney, Logan is possibly a bad film and can ruin the mind of ''kids''
    Last edited by Castle; 11-22-2020 at 04:46 AM.