Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

Default Red Hood #51 by Shawn Martinbrough and Tony Akins

The preview is out.

I love the tense atmosphere.

Astonishing Member Dark_Tzitzimine's Avatar

Eh, not much to get a good idea of what Martinbrough's approach will be.

Street level is it.
    That variant is really nice. And the original cover, too.
    Last edited by Zaresh; 11-22-2020 at 06:03 AM.

cringe a little at the first panel ngl. I get it, it's the first issue after a pretty landmark run and coinciding with Joker War but yeesh maybe take it easy with the meta-textual lampshade out the gate. other than that I'm getting a little bit of good tone, i like the look of these criminals. could be fun.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    cringe a little at the first panel ngl. I get it, it's the first issue after a pretty landmark run and coinciding with Joker War but yeesh maybe take it easy with the meta-textual lampshade out the gate. other than that I'm getting a little bit of good tone, i like the look of these criminals. could be fun.
    Yeah, that was a bit "biting the hand that feeds you", not to mention on the nose.

I agree that these criminals seems surface cool, enough for me to want to learn more about them. Hope they'll be characters and not just adversaries.

Pretty underwhelming. Other than going for the nth time about Jason and Bruce's issues, that doesn't make any sense since Jason and Bruce were working together just fine during Joker War; there's nothing in this story that needs Jason to be here. Is generic as they come and you could easily swap Jason for Dick, Tim, or even Kate and nothing would change.

I'm going to miss Outlaw Jason, but I guess this wasn't too shabby. Croc in a dapper suit was absolutely an image I would like to see more often. Guess we'll see if Martinbrough stays on after FS.

Quote Originally Posted by km_sus View Post
    I'm going to miss Outlaw Jason, but I guess this wasn't too shabby. Croc in a dapper suit was absolutely an image I would like to see more often. Guess we'll see if Martinbrough stays on after FS.
    He's not. He said since the start this was just a two-part filler.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Tzitzimine View Post
    He's not. He said since the start this was just a two-part filler.
    Oh? Guess we'll see who's on it next month then (if there's a Red Hood series at all for March )

Anyone. Anywhere.Anytime. Arsenal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by km_sus View Post
    Oh? Guess we'll see who's on it next month then (if there's a Red Hood series at all for March )
    I'm assuming there is a Red Hood series of some sort planned for March otherwise they wouldn't of bothered to get somebody new to write a quick 2 issue story to get the book to December once Lobdell left.

Don't Bully a Hurt Dragon Sergard's Avatar

I like it. It's good. Nothing really to complain.
    The story has a good flow.
    There's a nice tension in the air.
    The new characters look interesting and actually feel like characters who have their own conflicts and goals instead of being just one-dimensional counterparts to the protagonist.
    Even though this is the first time Jason is associated with the Hill, the integration of his character works fine enough.
    It's nice to see Jason happy.

A lot of moving parts, though with only 2 issues, not much chance to expand that much on things. Still, its not bad.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    That part made me laugh because it's so short and abrupt and casually brazen and then they just move on ^^

I really liked this! all the characters felt like people and the atmosphere is on point, it remember reading it and thinking "this reminds me of that Christopher Priest batman story from the 90s" but then I realized it was The Hill; the writing is solid. The art is really good too. I'm annoyed this is only 2 issues because I would love to spend more time in this world but I wouldn't want Red Hood in Gotham too long anyway, so if they end with him leaving I'll be fine with it. overall, it's a really solid issue.

I hope we see more stories in The Hill after this tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    That part made me laugh because it's so short and abrupt and casually brazen and then they just move on ^^
    yeah, it's the only instance like that in the issue. It feels a bit unnecessary BUT I dug this issue so imma let him cook.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 11-24-2020 at 01:55 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

It was alright. Overall artstyle, I don't know. It has its ups and downs for me. The big thing that gets me his Jason's mega-chin. Not a fan.