Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    And he named himself Apocalypse with that whack ass power?
    It was either that or Morning Light.

Also "whack ass"? Bruh.
    Last edited by Triniking1234; 11-23-2020 at 11:10 AM.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    X of Swords is fundamentally Apocalypse's story. He's the protagonist of this event, so it's fitting the final battle goes with him.
    Disagree. It’s ruined him just like it ruined Moira.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    What exactly is Apoc's mutant gift other than looking like that?
    Kamala Khan’s powerset (shapeshifting [Mr Fantastic/PlasticMan-stretchy-style] AND sizeshifting) + bio-blasts OR stable version of Random’s powerset
    Last edited by EldonMaguan; 11-24-2020 at 03:53 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    If she does, then she'll surely be overwhelmed by it.
    She seems to be pretty cool,calm and collected(so far anyway) .I guess her pining for Brian is just to make her interesting.Though what would be a real curve ball is if Death's favour to Jaspers for the 'kool-aid' was a promise to reveal where the Amenth mask rests in Arrako.So in the end Jaspers puts it on.That would be epic for me

Quote Originally Posted by Slicknickshady View Post
    Disagree. It’s ruined him just like it ruined Moira.
    Jeez louise...
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

X-man fan: Fleshing out Apocalypse beyond one dimensional genocidal trick pony is ruining him

Also X-man fan: ignores The Twelve, Apocalypse Wars, Blood of Apocalypse..

We aren't going to talk about how every big Apocalypse event has been trash. Apocalypse was horrible villain because the scale of his destruction could never be allowed to happen. Which means like Galactus, everybody makes a big deal about his appearance, he just shows up to get his ass kicked and never win which is fine because that is the life of comic villain but great ones Dr Doom, Thanos, Darkseid, etc get to definitively win and thus they get taken seriously as a threat .Thankful we got Age of Apocalypse or else you would have never seen Apocalypse win on grand scale. Apocalypse was terrible villain in past, He would show up make some character a horseman which stop being interesting after Archangel. Do you remember Gambit as a horseman, The Hulk, Sunfire,etc. And I can go on keep going with the bad aspects everything from undefined powers, to undefined origins. Apocalypse was a good concept that almost always had horrible results when actually put in play.

The past isn't always better Apocalypse is actually better as more well rounded villain, Mr Sinister is better with over top antics and personality, Hopefully at some point they get their hands on Styfe and do some repair to him. They are most definitively aren't ruining Apocalypse. I am hoping that they get to Selene, Exdous, Mastermind and Empath couple of other classic and underused villains and "ruin" them too.

As for Moira how do you ruin character that was in the dirt for years and probably never was going to be used to again. Moira complaints does not even make sense to me, they are probably one or two generations of X-fans who have no clue who the character is or why she is important. You bring back a character who was never going to be used again and make her maybe the most important female in franchise and force the level of Magneto and Professor X. And that is ruining the character. Nostalgia is a hella of drug
    Last edited by Killerbee911; 11-24-2020 at 05:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    As for Moira how do you ruin character that was in the dirt for years and probably never was going to be used to again.
    By retconning her out of existence and replacing her with a cliche time travelling special snowflake #10.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    Jeez louise...
    You'll get used to it.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    By retconning her out of existence and replacing her with a cliche time travelling special snowflake #10.
    We can keep pretending like this isn't the greatest thing that's ever happened to Moira all night long, but pre retcon I sure didn't see any writers giving her even a tiny cameo in the books.

Now she's more important to the books than she ever was and was ever going to be without Hickman.

From nearly non-existent to a pillar of the newest and one of the most successful re-launches the X-Books have ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    You'll get used to it.
    Its so bad tho.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

X-men fans: You turned a minor character who has been dead and irrelevant for 20 years into one of the key figures in the franchise in one of the most acclaimed and popular X-men stories of all time, showing in that in arguably the most acclaimed single issue of the X-men ever? WHAAAAAAH, YOU RUINED MY CHILDHOOD! WHAAAAAAH!

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    She seems to be pretty cool,calm and collected(so far anyway) .I guess her pining for Brian is just to make her interesting.Though what would be a real curve ball is if Death's favour to Jaspers for the 'kool-aid' was a promise to reveal where the Amenth mask rests in Arrako.So in the end Jaspers puts it on.That would be epic for me
    Saturnine has been trying to get into Brian’s pants since the 80’s. One of her incarnations succeeded (while her Captain Britain tried to rape Elizabeth, it didn’t end well for him). But she definitely has previous.
    This is a woman with the power, and possibly more importantly, the authority, to wipe an entire dimension. She’s not come from nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by CoCoBandz View Post
    We can keep pretending like this isn't the greatest thing that's ever happened to Moira all night long, but pre retcon I sure didn't see any writers giving her even a tiny cameo in the books.

Now she's more important to the books than she ever was and was ever going to be without Hickman.

From nearly non-existent to a pillar of the newest and one of the most successful re-launches the X-Books have ever had.

Its so bad tho.
    I don't really care how important she is, so far she's a retconned mess and a plot device with a vague identity which is a downgrade from a well-developed unique character she used to be. And being important isn't the same as being a good character, just ask Hope. Also I'm just sick of time traveling characters.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    X-men fans: You turned a minor character who has been dead and irrelevant for 20 years into one of the key figures in the franchise in one of the most acclaimed and popular X-men stories of all time, showing in that in arguably the most acclaimed single issue of the X-men ever? WHAAAAAAH, YOU RUINED MY CHILDHOOD! WHAAAAAAH!
    LOL
    be specific: some X-Men fans...
    I've been reading X-Men since the early 80's and I was ecstatically screaming my head off at HoX 02...Childhood is for children.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    I don't really care how important she is, so far she's a retconned mess and a plot device with a vague identity which is a downgrade from a well-developed unique character she used to be. And being important isn't the same as being a good character, just ask Hope. Also I'm just sick of time traveling characters.
    Moira is a time traveler? She dies and the world restarts, she's not Cable hopping through the timestream.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Moira is a time traveler? She dies and the world restarts, she's not Cable hopping through the timestream.
    Tomato tomahto. It's the same basic idea - a character who's trying to prevent bad future from happening by changing the past. It's already been done with Kitty, Bishop, Cable, Hope, the OG 5, ect.