Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    X-man fan: Fleshing out Apocalypse beyond one dimensional genocidal trick pony is ruining him

Also X-man fan: ignores The Twelve, Apocalypse Wars, Blood of Apocalypse..

We aren't going to talk about how every big Apocalypse event has been trash. Apocalypse was horrible villain because the scale of his destruction could never be allowed to happen. Which means like Galactus, everybody makes a big deal about his appearance, he just shows up to get his ass kicked and never win which is fine because that is the life of comic villain but great ones Dr Doom, Thanos, Darkseid, etc get to definitively win and thus they get taken seriously as a threat .Thankful we got Age of Apocalypse or else you would have never seen Apocalypse win on grand scale. Apocalypse was terrible villain in past, He would show up make some character a horseman which stop being interesting after Archangel. Do you remember Gambit as a horseman, The Hulk, Sunfire,etc. And I can go on keep going with the bad aspects everything from undefined powers, to undefined origins. Apocalypse was a good concept that almost always had horrible results when actually put in play.

The past isn't always better Apocalypse is actually better as more well rounded villain, Mr Sinister is better with over top antics and personality, Hopefully at some point they get their hands on Styfe and do some repair to him. They are most definitively aren't ruining Apocalypse. I am hoping that they get to Selene, Exdous, Mastermind and Empath couple of other classic and underused villains and "ruin" them too.

As for Moira how do you ruin character that was in the dirt for years and probably never was going to be used to again. Moira complaints does not even make sense to me, they are probably one or two generations of X-fans who have no clue who the character is or why she is important. You bring back a character who was never going to be used again and make her maybe the most important female in franchise and force the level of Magneto and Professor X. And that is ruining the character. Nostalgia is a hella of drug
    So true, Apocalypse had no depth to him,at least with his Hickman story of losing a family to ravenous enemies in part explains why he wants mutantdom to be put through a crucible of strife to harden them so that they can overcome the worst out there.I know it is an idea that makes sense to only him,but with this background we may disagree with the methodology but we don't doubt the ultimate justification from a mutant perspective.

In terms of developing Apoc ,X of Swords has succeeded , it has only failed in the building up the gravitas it started out with( unless this story is yet to have genuinely profound twists)

On the whole though Hickman has succeeded in developing the characters who become his focal points, so far those are Moira and Apoc, in a way even Sinister is still classic Sinister, all I'm waiting for is Exodus and Selene..those two have not yet had their day in the sun

Well, every concept is gonna sound boring if you strip it down to its less interesting qualities. Moira's story is engrossing because of her personal journey and her central role in the franchise

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Yeah, Moira is just like Bishop or Cable, there's no difference at all, how dare someone rape my childhood for that?