Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Why is Comichron using estimates now?

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    You're right... also isn't he messing up the timeline by being here?
    I mean that was a problem with all the time refugees.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

Rember these are the number that were bought by stores not readers

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Rember these are the number that were bought by stores not readers
    The stores buy them based on feedback from their regular customers. They wouldn't just buy them on a whim.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    Wonder if they’ll eventually have the OG Cable take over this title and Kid Cable can move and stay on SWORD.
    With Cable book sales seems unlikely, he would take over with bad sales, maybe even on cancelation level

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Why is Comichron using estimates now?
    They always had to estimate things, but it was easier to come up with 'exact' numbers when Diamond provided how much of the pie each title was. Now Comichron uses all sorts of other sources to try to piece it together. As questionable as the numbers may have been in the past, particularly in determining sell through and distinct readers, these recent numbers are almost useless.

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    They always had to estimate things, but it was easier to come up with 'exact' numbers when Diamond provided how much of the pie each title was. Now Comichron uses all sorts of other sources to try to piece it together. As questionable as the numbers may have been in the past, particularly in determining sell through and distinct readers, these recent numbers are almost useless.
    Exactly- and that not even taking into account the fact that, due to the pandemic, many stores closed and a lot of people begun to buy more or even exclusively online.

The idea that Cable would be higher if it was actual Cable is comedic.

Not all of X-men books are "firm" ongoings I remember reading that some where. I don't know why they just don't flat out call a book limited series or mini but I guess their must be some internal reason why they are using this approach.

As for the numbers they look pretty solid for what a modern day book sell at if you need to see what the median is for book, I general use Wonder Woman or Flash which never are top sellers but never drop into cancellation numbers

Wonder Woman 35,000 41,000

Flash 26,500 32,000

The X-men books are still doing good with only Cable really out of that sweet spot. These numbers don't tell you anything if you don't understand the trends. This how I look at Comichron chart

100,000- Pretty amazing for anything that is not a issue 1
    75,000 Great
    30,000 and above- Healthy
    20,000- A little worrisome
    16,000- You are probably going to be canceled if you are Marvel or DC book, This is were most of independent comics typical stay at like Undiscovered Country,Seven Secrets, Power rangers,Tmnt
    11,000- If you are still around at those numbers Marvel or DC must like something about character

Its really hard to say if these numbers are really that good or bad (except the couple at the top, they're great). Global pandemic kind of messes with everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Omega Alpha View Post
    You know, there's a little thing called a global pandemic that might have something to do with that.
    Also I'd imagine digital sales are up due to the pandemic

BANNED

Global pandemic and lots of people losing their jobs would naturally interfere with Diamond sales. Hard to say how accurate those are when it comes to the success of failure of titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    Cable #5 in September 2017 sold about 5-10k more copies, and it had him off in the timestream on his own separate from the X-men. When he is relevant to and embedded in the present day Marvel Universe, and especially the other X-books, Cable can be a solid seller. Especially with a writer who is as invested in the character as, say, Benjamin Percy is in Wolverine. And who doesn’t just view him as a vehicle to tell time travel stories.

Mike Carey wrote a great Cable during his X-men run. Some great Cable stories in that Supernovas hardcover that I own, with killer Bachalo art too. I say give him a shot. Maybe with Bachalo. See what happens. It would be way better than the current Cable book. For sure.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Yeah. I worded it wrong but I knew it was a fixed number instead of a range.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    Yeah, literally who cares which version it is? If the story is good I’ll stick with it.

Some of his fans do. Not sure Captain America fans, for example, would be thrilled if suddenly he was 14 years old, inexperienced and crying when he lost a fight. But, sure. Cable fans need to just suck it up here and accept this.

I’d love to see this happen to some other folks’ favorites and watch their reactions. Oh, wait. It did. To the O5. And fans of those characters hated it then too. Ha.