Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Some of his fans do. Not sure Captain America fans, for example, would be thrilled if suddenly he was 14 years old, inexperienced and crying when he lost a fight. But, sure. Cable fans need to just suck it up here and accept this.

I’d love to see this happen to some other folks’ favorites and watch their reactions. Oh, wait. It did. To the O5. And fans of those characters hated it then too. Ha.
    Exactly. If Cable gets killed by his teenage self, an evil clone or whatever he just takes it in his stride, so those O5 guys need to man/woman/other up.

Well, I look forward to the Kid version of Cable going the way of the Teen O5.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    Mike Carey wrote a great Cable during his X-men run. Some great Cable stories in that Supernovas hardcover that I own, with killer Bachalo art too. I say give him a shot. Maybe with Bachalo. See what happens. It would be way better than the current Cable book. For sure.
    Hickman said a while ago that he's been trying to get Carey to come back to the X books but without any luck so far because he's too busy with other things.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Look at those Storm numbers!!! Beautiful! Marvel let Coates writes her solo ASAP!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ericng View Post
    The stores buy them based on feedback from their regular customers. They wouldn't just buy them on a whim.
    Oh YES they do.

If they didn't you would not see bins or stores like Half Price books PACKED with Batman, X-Men, Hal, Flash and other books that will never sniff cancellation numbers due to WHO is on the cover versus whatever storyline.

See Nightwing-If Ric Grayson storyline was done to say Cable, Black Bolt, Dr Strange or Black Panther-if those fans did not like the story-that book hits ax levels real QUICK.

A bad story in certain books doesn't hurt many as much. For all the crying about Bendis Superman or Teen Titans their decline either never happened or took way longer than it should.

Which is why some resorted to Final Order Cutoffs. My store does it and folks order and PAY for what they want before the store has to order books.

It HELPS. The number of unsold Marvel & DC books has dropped. Indy books have seen a boost. A book like X-Factor is LUCK to leave 1 unsold copy. Spawn and Savage Dragon stay sold out.

Another issue is something that comic book stores & Marvel (among the rest) have ZERO say on.

Places like Half Price books. Yes they do end up at times getting NEW books a few day after they come out.
    While Vintage Movie Post gets books from comic book stores themselves about a few months after they come out.

I will put it like this-if you did not CARE about what cover you got-you could sit back and wait and go to these places and get those books CHEAP.

Especially if we are talking the main X-Men or Batman books. A book like Hel*******NO if you love that book you buy it ASAP.