Thread: Super Sons

Mighty Member

Default Super Sons

Wow, I love this series and hope they bring it back at some point. Jon and Damian's interaction and chemistry is pure gold. I just watched a video on the first arc where they unwittingly get Luthor to save the day. What a great and fun series

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

It was a lot of fun and killed off way before it ran out of steam because editorial operates on the theory that the universe needed to be upended so many times to keep readers interested.

While that may sound stupid, do keep in mind that the Big Two have largely been selling to the same crowd for years so that specific audience likely DOES need it to be upended that often to maintain interest. That method is cancerous for new readers or those who want a more stable status quo to tell stories with.

All of that to say that yes, Super Sons ruled and I wish it lasted longer.

Quote Originally Posted by CTTT View Post
    Wow, I love this series and hope they bring it back at some point. Jon and Damian's interaction and chemistry is pure gold. I just watched a video on the first arc where they unwittingly get Luthor to save the day. What a great and fun series
    Barring a few here and there, most did enjoy the series (myself included). And honestly, with a few additions, could very well become the next animated Teen Titans or Young Justice (which already introduced both as babies in the last season). And honestly, it was a more simple "fun adventure" story than most DC. Alas, it ended with a lot of Rebirth and around the time when DiDio retook the helm at DC Comics from Geoff Johns.

I would have had Maya, Kathy, Lyta Trevor/Yara Flor, Wally's kids, Colin, and a few others in their own series.

Spectacular Member

They should bring it back even if it was out of continuity its one of the few series I missed

Astonishing Member

Most likely they will at some point, maybe even soon. Omnibus sold very well and Super Sons works great as a title for a younger audience. And Marie Javins, by the way, if I'm not mistaken, was the group editor for the title, recalling her recent promotion.
    It's a matter of time, IMHO.