Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Default We Only Find Them When Theyre Dead

Can’t find a discussion thread for this anywhere.

Anyone reading this by Ewing and Di Meo?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by your_name_here View Post
    Can’t find a discussion thread for this anywhere.

Anyone reading this by Ewing and Di Meo?
    I tried but couldn't get past issue 2. I can't stand the coloring and the art. And I found it quit boring.

Astonishing Member

I started reading it because the premise sounded as if it would be in the same genre as Outer Darkness, which I very much enjoyed. It hasn't been quite what I expected, but it's still interesting enough that I intend to stick with it for at least couple more issues, to see what happends when maybe they find one that isn't dead yet.

Extraordinary Member

It has an intriguing premise, the dialogue is well done and the character development is promising. I did end up dropping it partly because of the art (I skipped the same artists run on Power Rangers) and partly because with so many other books competing to stay on my reading list this just felt like I might want to wait for the story to be collected for that day I finally dive into trades.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    I started reading it because the premise sounded as if it would be in the same genre as Outer Darkness, which I very much enjoyed. It hasn't been quite what I expected, but it's still interesting enough that I intend to stick with it for at least couple more issues, to see what happends when maybe they find one that isn't dead yet.
    Thats the only appealing thing on that book for me, but not enough to buy it anymore.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Just finished Issue 5 and completed the ark. It’s such a strange book in that I want to pick it up every month but I just don’t “get” it. A little too confusing for me, I think. The characters aren’t particularly fleshed out.

But I imagine I’ll still be back for the next one.

The first volume was released today. I enjoyed it, I like the art and giant space gods will always interest me. New issue this month.
    Last edited by AdjectiveNoun; 05-06-2021 at 04:53 AM.

After hearing some reviews that made this out to be the best thing in comics since the last best thing in comics, I bought the first two issues, and found it to be...well, overrated is putting it kindly. It's a great concept, but they didn't appear to be doing much with it other than giving the protagonists something to fight over.

...of the Black Priests Midnight_v's Avatar

I picked up the collected edition. I liked it, I do feel like there needs to be more though. The arts cool, concept nice, I wanted more about the big plan though. Whats the point of the protagianists
    mission?
    My priority is enjoying and supporting stories of timeless heroism and conflict.
    Everything else is irrelevant.