Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default Legion of Super-Heroes issue #11 preview/Spoiler discussion

"Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

- Lor-Zod confirmed to be the Zod in question. This also puts Lor back in the Kent/El family via his kid (likely daughter) marrying into the Els.

- This is in fact a Karakoa/Viltumite "make more Kryptonians" situation. It seems that Kryptonians are expected to and able to have quite a few kids in their lifetimes. Lor-Zod seems to be an example of this given the fact that he's nearly 1000 years old yet he still apparently had a kid that married into the El family in the 31st century meaning that he just kept having kids.

- This also confirms that the Kryptonian lifespan is still crazy long given the fact that Mon-El is Jon's 5x great grandson yet it's 1000 years in the future. that means Jon's kids and grandkids were still having kids centuries later.

- Mon-El is unironically one of my favorite characters in this book. His motivations are not at all sympathetic in a traditional sense, and are in fact rather entitled and childish, but there are so dang relatable in such a legit way. His unfiltered nature coupled with the very real fact that he's absurdly powerful make him such a fun twist on the mold, and a great addition to the family.

- Pop Pop Lor-Zod is the only Lor-Zod I will accept. He's adorable.

---------------

Just gonna make the guess and say Mon-El's the Legion member that goes bad in Future State and maybe the end of this story.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

BANNED

So it is Lor Zod,
    but this kinda lead to the question, where is Clark and Jon in the future?

Considering how old Lor-Zod, a full-bloodded Kryptonian, is, I think Clark is dead. And Jon being half-human probably hadn't the extended life-span.

I imagine they're leaving what exactly happens to Jon in the future vague like they used to with Clark. But it's actually hard to say if Jon's lifespan isn't as long as a full blooded Kryptonian.

Juts look at Mon-El's family line. He's only Jon's great great great great great grandson in 1000 years. That means Jon's descendants (who had not yet married into House Zod apparently since Lor is only Mon's grandfather) lived for at least a few hundred years easily, yet they'd have to be less than half Kryptonian given that they're Jon's line.

Kryptonians may work under Viltumite rules where they're genetics almost completely override the genetics of whomever they mate with, thus making nearly perfect Kryptonians children. It would be the only way for Mon-El to even exist as the prime Kryptonian specimen he seems to be after 6 generations of new genetics mixing in (even with the Zod family being mixed in).

BANNED

I have not read this new legion and the truth is that I do not intend to do it, but I'm curious,
    is superman dead, missing or something like that?

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

He might be in the sun.

Wonderful how two words can makes me so angry.

Edited the rest out still, don't need to rant I think.

But it was certainly another stellar issue for me.
    Last edited by Korath; 11-24-2020 at 04:46 AM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Reading the issue today, I didn't get the vibe Bendis would make Jon young again to close this series out. That seems like it would be rushed if it happens in one issue, but with how random it was that Jon and saturn girl kissed I guess anything is possible.

Astonishing Member

I don't know how the issue with Jon will be resolved, but, it seems to me that spoilers:
    there will be a time travel. Rogol Zaar managed to do too much destruction and kill Dr. Fate (he's dead, right?) to just leave it like that. And that's the only thing that fits into Jon's "great sacrifice" from solicits. And maybe that's how Jon will get deage.
    end of spoilers
    It was a great issue, by the way.

BANNED

when we talk about hardness
    krypton = eggshell.
    seriously, how many times do they go?

Superfan Through The Ages BBally's Avatar

Still not a fan of Mon-El being Kryptonian.
    No matter how many reboots, new origins, reinterpretations or suit redesigns. In the end, he will always be SUPERMAN

Credit for avatar goes to zclark

Incredible Member magha_regulus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BBally View Post
    Still not a fan of Mon-El being Kryptonian.
    Same here, especially since they keep referencing Daxam.

This issue was absolutely nuts!

It simultaneously feels like the boiling point of everything since issue 1 and also the start of something totally new. If I had to guess, I'd say that we're likely going to see a new #1 from Bendis after Future State and issue 12. He's already confirmed that Future State Legion is the status quo moving forward, and this seems to be how we get there. Once all this is collected, I feel like they're pretty much obligated to call these 12 issues "Superboy & The Legion of Super-Heroes".

This issue felt like all of the kids brash choices coming back to bite them in the ass. From making an enemy out of Mordru in issue 1 all the way to even deciding to bring Jon Kent, it's all coming back to bite them. It's like the end of Star Wars Episode 3 with Order 66.

Few guess:

- Jon gets "banned" from the future after this, thus cutting short his young romance with Imra and making the whole thing sting a bit more.

- Lor-Zod dies, and Mon-El (being an El and Zod) takes over as ruler of New Krypton, but he blames the Legion for not listening to him and brining Jon Kent to the future. This likely makes New Krypton a semi xenophobic planet again (they just got off the endangered list after all).

- Cosmic Boy seems like he's going to be the one to go bad because he's been captured, but my guess is that this is where he really grows up and has his 5 Years Later battle of wills with Mordru.

- Dawnstar/Ultra Boy

- Saturn Girl gets her arm cut off (as seen in Future State) saving Jon from Zaar.

Also, Zaar is very clearly the updated version of Persuader

I thought it was fun and I'm curious about what the future state has in store for them.

To me, it feels like the Legion of Substitute heroes are the focus of Future State.

I ship Dawnstar/Ultra Boy and I like the whole Zaar is an updated Persuader theory. Maybe they are of the same species?
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 12-01-2020 at 11:34 AM.