Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member

I think they should relaunch their line with probably 18-24 titles

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I have literally seen nothing romantic in Tim and Conner's friendship. At least not to the degree of their actual romantic relationships. Is it so wrong for them to be close friends?
    No, I think that's a valid take, but the support for them is massive and I can kind of see it. Not to mention everyone always wants to link the Super-Bat houses in some way and of all that aren't Bruce/Clark, they're the closest.

I prefer Tim with Steph or even his first love interest (Arianna, if I recall her name correctly. Been way too long since I read those early Robin issues), personally, but I'm not against it. I can see it, especially with how some stories played out post Infinite Crisis.

I wouldn't call them cowards for not doing it. Far as I've seen it's just a fan preferred ship (one I think Tynion is a fan of. I swear I read that somewhere).

Extraordinary Member

I have literally seen nothing romantic in Tim and Conner's friendship. At least not to the degree of their actual romantic relationships. Is it so wrong for them to be close friends?
    They could always go the Scott/Jean/Logan route with Tim/Cassie/Kon

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    No, I think that's a valid take, but the support for them is massive and I can kind of see it. Not to mention everyone always wants to link the Super-Bat houses in some way and of all that aren't Bruce/Clark, they're the closest.

I prefer Tim with Steph or even his first love interest (Arianna, if I recall her name correctly. Been way too long since I read those early Robin issues), personally, but I'm not against it. I can see it, especially with how some stories played out post Infinite Crisis.

I wouldn't call them cowards for not doing it. Far as I've seen it's just a fan preferred ship (one I think Tynion is a fan of. I swear I read that somewhere).
    I'm fine with it if it's in a sensible way, but it's just not how I read the relationship at all. Feels like people looking at them like Marvel fans sometimes look at Iron Man and Cap.
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    They could always go the Scott/Jean/Logan route with Tim/Cassie/Kon
    Wouldn't that throw people for a loop...Of course, Conner was cool with Tim kissing Cassie but both of them realized how much of a mistake that was.

I guess Superboy/Batgirl and Robin (or Nightwing)/Supergirl would be too obvious?
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Hopefully something different. All those the op listed sounds like the same stuff we've had for the past 5 years.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Hopefully something different. All those the op listed sounds like the same stuff we've had for the past 5 years.
    Hopefully a lot of the new talent we see as part of the future state lineup get to become apart of the main line.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Yep, was just gonna say this. That list sounds as plain and boring as DC has been these past years.

Mighty Member

I admit the prospect of Tim/Kon getting together is something I've thought should happen, but I don't know about them being bi? I always thought it was more of a "you're the exception" kind of thing, but I'm not against it.
    I don't think It's a great idea. That sounds too fanfiction for readership.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Yeah, for me too. Didn't they go out of business?
    I think some locations are still open.

(The virus just hit many restaurants hard. )

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

A lot of those rumors are pretty interesting so I'm sure none are happening.

I admit the prospect of Tim/Kon getting together is something I've thought should happen, but I don't know about them being bi? I always thought it was more of a "you're the exception" kind of thing, but I'm not against it.

Ahmed loves the '70s GA/GL Ollie so that's good, but I hope Black Canary is in whatever he's got planned. Those two work best together!

Waid getting sole control of Superman I'm not keen on. I was hoping Yang would copilot with him.

I don't like Jon's time with the Legion being entirely dropped, but that's because I'm enjoying that book a lot. Time will tell.

Who knows how this is going to play out. I guess we'll see.
    You're The Exception is what authors do to make it special in the days before people realize bisexuality exist so they should be bi if it's a thing today.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    We've only got a month before March Solicicts and we finally get some answers to what DC will look like post-Death Metal, Generations, and Future State, and in general what DC's direction will be going forward, so I figure why not have an all purpose thread for speculation, and collect the mix things confirmed, teased, rumors going about.

Here are DC's current ongoing books from December which will be coming back in March.

The Flash
    Aquaman
    Justice League
    Justice League Dark
    Batman
    Wonder Woman
    Action Comics
    Superman
    Batman/Superman
    Catwoman
    Detective Comics
    Legion of Superheroes.
    Nightwing
    Red Hood

Grant Morrison's Green Lantern Season Two has it's #11 issue solicted for February. It's #12th and concluding issue will be in March. So we should see at least one, if not multiple Green Lantern Series launched in either March or April to replace it.

We know the Superman books will be getting a new writer or writers to replace Bendis.

Most of the Bat-books seem to be keeping their current teams. Ram V has indicated he's staying on JLD.

Aquman, Flash, Justice League, and Red Hood are going to be getting new writers.

Any other title is up in the air whether they're getting a new creative team or not.

Between the final issue of Teen Titans, the Endless Winter Special, and the Future State Tie-ins, it seems Titans is looking at a relaunch featuring Dick's Team (also including Donna, Starfire, Cyborg, Raven and Beast Boy) as mentors to Wallace, Crush, Emiko and Roundhouse.

Bendis has stated he had to "clear the decks" with the Superman books and he'd been offered "something big". He's also indicated his Leviathan sequel will still be happening, but the behind the scenes shake ups at DC have resulted to there being some changes to it.

Joelle Jones has indicated she has plans for Yara Flores post future state. Deadline initially claimed that Yara would be getting her own series with her as the new Wonder Girl, but it's since been redacted.

Jorge Jimenez teased something related to Super-Sons with a younger Jon.

Bleeding Cool has been claiming in somewhat alarmist manner that DC is is possibly getting rid of having a shared universe continuity, which I highly doubt.

There are always the usual rumors about AT&T or WB wanting a higher focus on media synergy. In this case it has a lot of Batwoman fans concerned over Kate's future with Ryan Wilder getting an introductory cameo in the last issue of Batgirl.

And a few day ago bunch of supposed leaks were posted on 4chan. Take with a heavy grain of salt but something to discuss is better than nothing

spoilers:
    >Mark Russell on Young Justice ongoing, smaller cast centered around the core four
    >Titans book by Humphries
    >2 Flashes book one with Barry and the other with Wally, the Wally book will start with a Year One arc after a couple of issues like Rucka did with WW
    >Waid in charge of Supes and Action comic
    >Priest in charge of Aquaman
    >Saladin Ahmed in charge of Green Arrow
    >The new Red Hood book covers will be made by Phil Noto
    >JSA ongoing by Geoff
    >Alan Scott 6 issues mini by Orlando
    >Superman Black Label book by King

Now about the characters:
    >All the people who died in HiC is brought back to life
    >Roy's daughter Lian is back (she was resurrected in the events of Convergence)
    >Diana was part of the original JSA
    >Jon is gonna be de-aged and all his memories of the 7 years+his time in the Legion will disappear but he will still have a ring
    >Kyle will become relevant again, the first event will be about him
    >Kon and Tim will start dating by late 2021 they will both come out as Bi, Tynion and Russell are in charge of the whole storyline
    >The whole DC editorial is surprised that WB and AT&T gave the good to go by the way, Geoff was the one who pushed for it. Bendis is kinda mad because he wanted to make Naomi and Kon a couple back in 2019 with the whole Wonder Comics and nobody wanted it
    >Damian will become Robin again, Tim is gonna go back to be Red Robin
    >Marcus To is in charge of Tim new design he has the same hair than his Red Robin run, Jason will also have the white stripe again. This is because they don't want people to play who is who anymore when the Robins share a panel
    end of spoilers
    Okay, that last four is kinda sus because it's such fanservice.
    They've been holding off on giving Jason white stripe for a long time because really it adds nothing except aesthetic. So they're finally listening to fans? It's such a trivial thing especially with Jason's look by Dexter Soy is so popular.
    Marcus To returning to Tim is more believable, again, because it's fans preferred look, but DC kept taking him off Robin titles.
    Tynion's bi but he's been shipping Tim Steph in the title, since he's a 90s kid. What's the change? I can see Geoff Johns supporting it simply because Johns does what he wants regardless of what came before, but I can't see DC editorial supporting it because it's something they've been avoiding. Associating Robin and therefore Batman with gayness.

I'm surprised To wasn't mentioned in the support of TimKon because he's been drawing them together for fans. That part I'd believe.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    Okay, that last four is kinda sus because it's such fanservice.
    They've been holding off on giving Jason white stripe for a long time because really it adds nothing except aesthetic. So they're finally listening to fans? It's such a trivial thing especially with Jason's look by Dexter Soy is so popular.
    Marcus To returning to Tim is more believable, again, because it's fans preferred look, but DC kept taking him off Robin titles.
    Tynion's bi but he's been shipping Tim Steph in the title, since he's a 90s kid. What's the change? I can see Geoff Johns supporting it simply because Johns does what he wants regardless of what came before, but I can't see DC editorial supporting it because it's something they've been avoiding. Associating Robin and therefore Batman with gayness.

I'm surprised To wasn't mentioned in the support of TimKon because he's been drawing them together for fans. That part I'd believe.
    What are the odds that Stephanie and Cass are a couple in Future Slate?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    What are the odds that Stephanie and Cass are a couple in Future Slate?
    That would be the natural course of action if TimKon happens... if Tynion doesn't pair one of them with Harper Row, that is.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    That would be the natural course of action if TimKon happens... if Tynion doesn't pair one of them with Harper Row, that is.
    Well, who’s currently the editor of the Batbooks?

They might be a better indicator than the writer, for characters’ sexuality.