Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    Spectacular Member randomideaguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    however, one of the few things that I do actually like about Tim has been his steady relationship with Stephanie Brown, seeing as he's been the only Batfamily person who appears to be allowed to have a stable relationship in recent years. I see Tim and Steph as like a millennial Ralph and Sue Dibny, I'm not sure if trading that up would be a good move
    Didn't Tim cheat on Steph like... a lot?

Quote Originally Posted by randomideaguy View Post
    wait....what? goddammit, that was the one thing I had for this man! **** it, make him the bottom

seriously tho I didn't know that. pffft I'm sure one or two side chicks isn't that bad.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Well, the thing is (if I remember right) Tim was dating someone in his civilian life while he was getting close to Steph as Spoiler (who didn't know his real identity) so it was kind of a precarious relationship dynamic.

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    We've only got a month before March Solicicts and we finally get some answers to what DC will look like post-Death Metal, Generations, and Future State, and in general what DC's direction will be going forward, so I figure why not have an all purpose thread for speculation, and collect the mix things confirmed, teased, rumors going about.

Here are DC's current ongoing books from December which will be coming back in March.

The Flash
    Aquaman
    Justice League
    Justice League Dark
    Batman
    Wonder Woman
    Action Comics
    Superman
    Batman/Superman
    Catwoman
    Detective Comics
    Legion of Superheroes.
    Nightwing
    Red Hood

Grant Morrison's Green Lantern Season Two has it's #11 issue solicted for February. It's #12th and concluding issue will be in March. So we should see at least one, if not multiple Green Lantern Series launched in either March or April to replace it.

We know the Superman books will be getting a new writer or writers to replace Bendis.

Most of the Bat-books seem to be keeping their current teams. Ram V has indicated he's staying on JLD.

Aquman, Flash, Justice League, and Red Hood are going to be getting new writers.

Any other title is up in the air whether they're getting a new creative team or not.

Between the final issue of Teen Titans, the Endless Winter Special, and the Future State Tie-ins, it seems Titans is looking at a relaunch featuring Dick's Team (also including Donna, Starfire, Cyborg, Raven and Beast Boy) as mentors to Wallace, Crush, Emiko and Roundhouse.

Bendis has stated he had to "clear the decks" with the Superman books and he'd been offered "something big". He's also indicated his Leviathan sequel will still be happening, but the behind the scenes shake ups at DC have resulted to there being some changes to it.

Joelle Jones has indicated she has plans for Yara Flores post future state. Deadline initially claimed that Yara would be getting her own series with her as the new Wonder Girl, but it's since been redacted.

Jorge Jimenez teased something related to Super-Sons with a younger Jon.

Bleeding Cool has been claiming in somewhat alarmist manner that DC is is possibly getting rid of having a shared universe continuity, which I highly doubt.

There are always the usual rumors about AT&T or WB wanting a higher focus on media synergy. In this case it has a lot of Batwoman fans concerned over Kate's future with Ryan Wilder getting an introductory cameo in the last issue of Batgirl.

And a few day ago bunch of supposed leaks were posted on 4chan. Take with a heavy grain of salt but something to discuss is better than nothing

spoilers:
    >Mark Russell on Young Justice ongoing, smaller cast centered around the core four
    >Titans book by Humphries
    >2 Flashes book one with Barry and the other with Wally, the Wally book will start with a Year One arc after a couple of issues like Rucka did with WW
    >Waid in charge of Supes and Action comic
    >Priest in charge of Aquaman
    >Saladin Ahmed in charge of Green Arrow
    >The new Red Hood book covers will be made by Phil Noto
    >JSA ongoing by Geoff
    >Alan Scott 6 issues mini by Orlando
    >Superman Black Label book by King

Now about the characters:
    >All the people who died in HiC is brought back to life
    >Roy's daughter Lian is back (she was resurrected in the events of Convergence)
    >Diana was part of the original JSA
    >Jon is gonna be de-aged and all his memories of the 7 years+his time in the Legion will disappear but he will still have a ring
    >Kyle will become relevant again, the first event will be about him
    >Kon and Tim will start dating by late 2021 they will both come out as Bi, Tynion and Russell are in charge of the whole storyline
    >The whole DC editorial is surprised that WB and AT&T gave the good to go by the way, Geoff was the one who pushed for it. Bendis is kinda mad because he wanted to make Naomi and Kon a couple back in 2019 with the whole Wonder Comics and nobody wanted it
    >Damian will become Robin again, Tim is gonna go back to be Red Robin
    >Marcus To is in charge of Tim new design he has the same hair than his Red Robin run, Jason will also have the white stripe again. This is because they don't want people to play who is who anymore when the Robins share a panel
    end of spoilers

I, for one, would be very happy with just about everything mentioned in the spoilers.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

Astonishing Member

I don't think Tim cheat on Steph.

In Pre-Flashpoint, Tim was dating another girl when he started to become close to Steph. However, he ended his relationship with that girl when he started to date Stephanie.
    Last edited by Konja7; 11-27-2020 at 02:08 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Of course, Stephanie went and got pregnant from some random guy.

Steph was sexually active way before Tim.

No, while they were together they were both loyal. Whatever flaw their relationship had, ot still has, cheating was never involved.
    "Wow. You made Spider-Man sad, congratulations. I stabbed The Hulk last week"
    Wolverine, Venom Annual # 1 (2018)
    Nobody does it better by Jeff Loveness

"I am Thou, Thou Art I"
    Persona

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    wait....what? goddammit, that was the one thing I had for this man! **** it, make him the bottom

seriously tho I didn't know that. pffft I'm sure one or two side chicks isn't that bad.
    As others have said, Tim is many things but unfaithful to Steph he is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    *-snip-*
    That Naomi part (and other things) made me rethink the legitimacy of the spoilers, do people not know how long it took for Bendis to give Miles a love interest, he only cares about romance if the characters already have a significant relationship (Tim and Steph) to play off of or if he's trying to subvert something (i.e teen!Jean/teen!Beast, Peter/Kitty), outside of that it's a snail's pace, plus David F Walker is the other writer for the character ...I doubt it's on their minds.

Also people seem to gloss over or ignore the fact that Bendis has stated every big decision that he made with characters was approved by DC, WB, and AT&T, so the fact that these spoilers are giving "disgruntled fan" or "everything Bendis touched was disliked" is giving me very much fans making up ****.

The Tim and Kon thing is very fan service-y it literally makes everything stated seem untrue, that's how unbelievable it is.

Also DC seems to be squarely behind the Tim and Steph ship, like they were working on something with those characters specifically before the whole DC shake up.

All-New Member

Default Would Love a Sensation ongoing Book!

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    My guess-

Batman
    Detective Comics
    Superman
    Action Comics
    Wonder Woman
    Sensation Comics
    Flash
    Green Arrow
    Aquaman
    Justice League International (current JL with a more global flavor - Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Flash, John Stewart, Hawkgirl, Vixen, Fire)
    Titans (Nightwing, Starfire, Beast Boy, Cyborg, Raven, Aquaman (Kal), Donna Troy)
    Supergirl
    I would be excited to see a 2nd Wonder Woman themed book in Sensation comics, Batman and Superman have one! If they want to shake it up a bet, make Action, Detective and Sensation books for supporting character stories growing those characters in those books, keep the main title books for the Main characters.

Will this relaunch leave the crises and multiple verses inside the stories behind? I was shocked to encounter Multiverse talk even in Lois Lane story

Astonishing Member

I like those 4chan ideas, but I suspect that there is no way spoilers:
    that WB/AT&T would sign off on Johns being on anything long term until either A) the Fisher thing is concluded or B) the Snyder cut shows whether it’s more profitable to throw him under the bus
    end of spoilers

I think the more likely reason Johns won't have an ongoing is because lately he's proven he's about as reliable as Lee on art.

The possibility of a Tim/Conner relationship is really exciting.
    DC has lagged behind on gay/bi male representation compared to their gay/bi female characters.
    Tim and Conner is the male couple we deserve.
    Overall everything in that list sounds really great.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    I think the more likely reason Johns won't have an ongoing is because lately he's proven he's about as reliable as Lee on art.
    So long as he’s not allowed near Franks the slippage can probably be reduced to weeks/months instead of... whatever the hell was the plan for Doomsday Clock