Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    What are the odds that Stephanie and Cass are a couple in Future Slate?
    Maybe if this were the Bombshells universe...

Quote Originally Posted by WonderNight View Post
    Hopefully something different. All those the op listed sounds like the same stuff we've had for the past 5 years.
    Even if Future State is a success, it will be a while before DC analyzes the response and chooses writers/artists from FS to put on main books. A lot of the “regulars” aren’t involved with FS at all, and while some like Snyder are stepping away, and some like Tynion are just waiting for their books to come back in March, others like Venditti & Taylor have DC stuff in the works that is meant for March. So in the immediate aftermath not much will change. But in the long term hopefully the successes of FS will become part of the creators driving the mainline. Or they’ll shutter the mainline entirely.

Spectacular Member randomideaguy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    It's based of the early posts in the two threads based on the Deadline article in the Wonder Woman forums, both which have people saying the article originally said Yara was getting a Wonder Girl comic as well as the tv show. according to the "Default CW developing a 'Wonder Girl' tv series centered around Yara Flora", the mention of that part was done within an hour and half of the thread being posted.

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...und-Yara-Flora
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...nder-Girl-mini

Regardless, Joelle has stated she not done with Yara after future state. I do hope that they first introduce in the present in Wonder Woman first and establish a connection between her and Diana before spinning her off into series.
    Ohhh gotcha. I thought you had meant that they redacted the part about "Yara is going to be Wonder Girl on the CW". I loved Joelle's Catwoman run so excited to see what she does.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    You're The Exception is what authors do to make it special in the days before people realize bisexuality exist so they should be bi if it's a thing today.
    One of my best friends in college was a gay man who was happily with a woman once he was sexually attracted to because she was something of an exception for him. I was confused by that as well and in his own words "she was special, I guess." Sexuality isn't so simple as to say if you're with one person that means you're attracted to all people of that specific nature (for lack of a better term). Exceptions are real, if rare, but they exist. My aforementioned bud in college would probably describe that relationship he was in as heterosexual if asked, but he always identified gay and I never saw him express any interest in any women, nor did he view that relationship as before he was out or anything.

Sidebar, but being friends with that dude dispelled a lot of the bad information I was given as a kid regarding sexuality and the like and that friendship definitely made me a better person today.

That said, I fully expect that if that trigger is pulled, both would come out as bi because it's a lot easier to explain. DC generally uses Mjolnir to hammer any point they can with as little subtlety and grace as possible so I fully expect a big coming out special with headlines in The New York Times spoiling the reveal the Monday before the issue comes out. Because that's just what they always do.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm fine with it if it's in a sensible way, but it's just not how I read the relationship at all. Feels like people looking at them like Marvel fans sometimes look at Iron Man and Cap.

Wouldn't that throw people for a loop...Of course, Conner was cool with Tim kissing Cassie but both of them realized how much of a mistake that was.
    Hey man, some people think Clark and Bruce should hook up too. Slash shipping is very popular, and while it does sometimes feel like any sufficiently strong bond between people gets turned romantic/sexual by the fandom, Tim and Kon remind me of Kirk/Spock. They were written to be as close as brothers, but when asked about it Roddenberry noted that they were written with a bond sufficient for that in magnitude but they never really saw it that way. Perhaps it could be, but that's not what they wrote. He found it interesting. I kind of see it similarly in while it's not my read on either of them or their relationship, it doesn't feel off like I would argue Dinah and Barbara do when that's presented.

But it's fandom. Everyone has their ships. Some of them will make sense to you, some won't. Tim/Kon doesn't bother me much even if I prefer them both with others.
    Last edited by Robanker; 11-24-2020 at 09:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Hey man, some people think Clark and Bruce should hook up too. Slash shipping is very popular, and while it does sometimes feel like any sufficiently strong bond between people gets turned romantic/sexual by the fandom, Tim and Kon remind me of Kirk/Spock. They were written to be as close as brothers, but when asked about it Roddenberry noted that they were written with a bond sufficient for that in magnitude but they never really saw it that way. Perhaps it could be, but that's not what they wrote. He found it interesting. I kind of see it similarly in while it's not my read on either of them or their relationship, it doesn't feel off like I would argue Dinah and Barbara do when that's presented.

But it's fandom. Everyone has their ships. Some of them will make sense to you, some won't. Tim/Kon doesn't bother me much even if I prefer them both with others.
    If I've learned anything about fandoms, if there is a close same sex friendship between two characters, the characters will inevitably get shipped together.

Quote Originally Posted by Restingvoice View Post
    You're The Exception is what authors do to make it special in the days before people realize bisexuality exist so they should be bi if it's a thing today.
    I'm fine with it if it's in a sensible way, but it's just not how I read the relationship at all. Feels like people looking at them like Marvel fans sometimes look at Iron Man and Cap.

Wouldn't that throw people for a loop...Of course, Conner was cool with Tim kissing Cassie but both of them realized how much of a mistake that was.
    If I've learned anything about fandoms, if there is a close same sex friendship between two characters, the characters will inevitably get shipped together.
    Ehhh, if there's any significant bond. Enemies, friends, you name it, they ship it. I've seen people suspecting Yara and Jon will hook up because... They have a book teaming up. It's not just same-sex. People just like relationships.

Meanwhile I'm just waiting for a book where two heroes team up and punch a bank robber. That almost seems novel now.

Moreover, dude, congrats on 56k posts. You rule.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Ehhh, if there's any significant bond. Enemies, friends, you name it, they ship it. I've seen people suspecting Yara and Jon will hook up because... They have a book teaming up. It's not just same-sex. People just like relationships.

Meanwhile I'm just waiting for a book where two heroes team up and punch a bank robber. That almost seems novel now.

Moreover, dude, congrats on 56k posts. You rule.
    At least there it's because there in a Superman/Wonder Woman title, and the last time we had that it was basically a romance book.

Edit: wrong thread, had multiple tabs up my bad.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Tim/Kon would be dope tbh but I can't see it happening

I'm not the biggest Tim Drake guy (I'll state that off top) but if I may throw my two cents in: I'm not sure how I feel about Tim x Connor [as] a thing.

on one hand, I wouldn't mind the idea of seeing that relationship organically grow into that direction over time, allowing for a nuanced portrayal of developing sexuality and sexual exploration among young men. sexuality is complicated, not all queer narratives need to have them inherently knowing how they feel and I would love a narrative where they can explore the processing of working out the kaleidoscopic nature of the beast.
    however, one of the few things that I do actually like about Tim has been his steady relationship with Stephanie Brown, seeing as he's been the only Batfamily person who appears to be allowed to have a stable relationship in recent years. I see Tim and Steph as like a millennial Ralph and Sue Dibny, I'm not sure if trading that up would be a good move.

Plus much like Dick Grayson (who I've also considered a candidate for a more sexually fluid dynamic) it may look like a bit of stereotyping in it's own way. I mean, if it's an odd look that the pretty boy more sexualized Robin (Dick) is made to be queer or bi, you'd have to admit it's kinda a little weird look to have the smaller, frailer, less traditionally "masculine" Robin to be outed as "the twink"; doubled with the sexualization of intimate but (seemingly) platonic male friendship, it could make it even more of an odd look. mind you, that's not to say it couldn't work (like i would say for Dick) it's all in how authentic and nuanced they execute it, I'm just not sure which way I lean with it.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 11-28-2020 at 11:20 PM. Reason: word change for clarity
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Extraordinary Member

Chuck Dixon’s head would explode.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    Plus much like Dick Grayson (who I've also considered a candidate for a more sexually fluid dynamic) it may look like a bit of stereotyping in it's own way. I mean, if it's an odd look that the pretty boy more sexualized Robin (Dick) is made to be queer or bi, you'd have to admit it's kinda a little weird look to have the smaller, frailer, less traditionally "masculine" Robin to be outed as "the twink"; doubled with the sexualization of intimate but (seemingly) platonic male friendship, it could make it even more of an odd look. mind you, that's not to say it couldn't work (like i would say for Dick) it's all in how authentic and nuanced they execute it, I'm just not sure which way I lean with it.
    If they go with making Dick Grayson queer, bi or gay, it would be the most ironic move of several lifetimes.
    You could almost hear Fredreric Whertam laughs from beyond the grave.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I'm not the biggest Tim Drake guy (I'll state that off top) but if I may throw my two cents in: I'm not sure how I feel about Tim x Connor being a thing.

on one hand, I wouldn't mind the idea of seeing that relationship organically grow into that direction over time, allowing for a nuanced portrayal of developing sexuality and sexual exploration among young men. sexuality is complicated, not all queer narratives need to have them inherently knowing how they feel and I would love a narrative where they can explore the processing of working out the kaleidoscopic nature of the beast.
    however, one of the few things that I do actually like about Tim has been his steady relationship with Stephanie Brown, seeing as he's been the only Batfamily person who appears to be allowed to have a stable relationship in recent years. I see Tim and Steph as like a millennial Ralph and Sue Dibny, I'm not sure if trading that up would be a good move.

It's funny you say that when Tim is kind of a ladies man in his own right. I think he's had more female love interests than Conner has .

It's funny you say that when Tim is kind of a ladies man in his own right. I think he's had more female love interests than Conner has .
    I mean Conner spent the first half of his publication history in love with the himself and the idea of women and the second half of his career moping and chasing after Cassie, so really Conner is not the best example of a ladies man. :P

Conner's had what, two love interests? Tana Moon being the other.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman