Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    IIRC, Conner and Tim weren't supposed to get together until late 2021, so I think it's too soon to call that one.
    DC really does need a prominent male couple.
    Please for godshake NO, I don't want another establishment charcter suddenly turned to bisexual just to please the minority shippers!!

Especially after Marvel recently just do that to Star-Lord from GOTG.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post
    Please for godshake NO, I don't want another establishment charcter suddenly turned to bisexual just to please the minority shippers!!

Not to derail the thread but why does the Star-Lord thing bother you? If it makes people feel more represented and seen, which gauging from online reaction it does, what possible harm does it do? He is a fictional character created in the 1970s when anything but the most basic heterosexuality was forbidden. Even still, there were implications back in the original stories that he and his spaceship had feelings for one another. HIS SPACESHIP! And you're mad he found love with a guy he spent centuries with? If we accept that characters can grow and develop over time, in fact we expect it, why not their sexualtiy? Especially in that story where he was on a distant planet for 100s of years and made genuine connections with a male and a female characters? I see comments like this on this board all the time and it just makes me think this site is filled with bigots. All the things going on in this world and you're angry because Star-Lord was reveled to be bisexual? I just don't understand it. Who are these people who lovingly read comic books, about heroes being good people and striving to help the world again and again, and then act repulsed when a character is anything but heteronormative? I really do not get it.
    Last edited by Hcmarvel; 12-17-2020 at 10:40 PM.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LAWtoyoto 432 View Post

Practically no characters come out of the gate as bi/gay/lesbian anyway. And you can develop feelings for the same sex later in the life...

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    IIRC, Conner and Tim weren't supposed to get together until late 2021, so I think it's too soon to call that one.
    DC really does need a prominent male couple, and they aren't interested in using Apollo.
    None of the 4chan rumors were right, it’s not happening. I’d sooner believe Tynion was making Bruce bi given how many people think he and Ghost-Maker gave off some romantic vibes.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Newsarama has speculated there will be a new Rebirth-like branding called Infinite Frontier. Each of the teasers unveiled today had some variation of Infinite in the titles.

Yeah BC says Infinite Frontier is gonna be a special to relaunch after Future State ...although I don't think relaunch is the right word, but it'll be like the DC Rebirth Special only written by multiple writers.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

But will it also be umbrella branding for the books, meaning the end of the current DC Universe trade dress?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    None of the 4chan rumors were right, it’s not happening. I’d sooner believe Tynion was making Bruce bi given how many people think he and Ghost-Maker gave off some romantic vibes.
    Have they read any shonen manga before? because that's clearly the vibe Tynion was going for.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by kf26 View Post
    Have they read any shonen manga before? because that's clearly the vibe Tynion was going for.
    Naruto/Sasuke and Bakugo/Deku are incredibly popular fan pairings in their own rights, so it's not like there's no precedent for that thought.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I can't understand why people still believe in 4chan rumors.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    I can't understand why people still believe in 4chan rumors.
    Something to talk about during slow news months, frankly. Putting actual stock in it is weird, though.

But discussing the postulations as possibilities is at least a new subject as opposed to the usual hunkering down in appreciation threads and bemoaning the current treatment of our darlings.

Yeah. The new solicits were bad news for Aquaman and Legion fans, those books are missing, so expect moaning in their appreciation threads. JSA fans will be pleased though.
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    Someone want to make a new thread? Feel like this deserves its own thread. I’d do it but I’m stuck on my phone right now.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah. The new solicits were bad news for Aquaman and Legion fans, those books are missing, so expect moaning in their appreciation threads. JSA fans will be pleased though.
    ??

Why? I didn't see anything interesting on that front. Many member of the team still seem MIA, and the team itself has no title.

Alan and Courtney both have stories in the Infinite Frontier one-shot. I would assume JSA will get a book in April or May.