Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast
    Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hcmarvel View Post
    Who are these people who lovingly read comic books, about heroes being good people and striving to help the world again and again, and then act repulsed when a character is anything but heteronormative? I really do not get it.
    We call them gators.

With some characters, I don't see them as anything but what they've always been, but others I can see it changing. It'd feel random for Lois Lane to be revealed as bi, whereas Diana was more of "what took you so long?"
    Last edited by Robanker; 12-18-2020 at 11:46 AM.

Reading through these solicits and there's a lot to take away. There's a very slim main line, 15 ongoing books by my count, though I assume a Supergirl, JSA, Aquaman, Batgirls/Birds of Prey and Legion in some form are on the way. No more double shipping, either. If I recall correctly the whole Rebirth roll out took a few months so I'm not to surprised there. Many of the Black Label books are winding down in the next year, too, so I'm thinking that the overall mandate has been to reduce the line as much as possible.

The story behind the scenes here would be interesting to read about, there's no books by DC mainstays like Williamson (minus the Damian backup), Tomasi, Jurgens, etc. Have to say, not a lot of non white creators overall, either.

I'm generally in support of back ups but none of these really grab me. Shame that Ram V's excellent JLD book is being regulated to a back up, though.

The Titans Academy is a great hook and the freshest the franchise has looked in...decades? Unsure about the writer but hopefully it gets a good long run.

The presence of the Future State/5G characters on the Infinite Frontier cover suggest to me they might their own books alter in the year, maybe digitally.

And we have still no news on the Milestone front, even though it's planned to launch in February, but my understanding is digital first series aren't announced that far in advance.

Overall....eh, could be better but could've been a lot worse. At least the across the 6 core titles (Action, Superman, Batman, 'Tec, Wonder Woman and JL) the art is going to be outstanding.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Ugh. JLD being canceled and demoted to a backup for Bendis’s shitty JLA book is a pure travesty. I guess that’s the end of the JLD for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Ugh. JLD being canceled and demoted to a backup for Bendis’s shitty JLA book is a pure travesty. I guess that’s the end of the JLD for me.
    That is a really crappy move, especially after they had already announced the series would be back.

Quote Originally Posted by silverlantern View Post
    Reading through these solicits and there's a lot to take away. There's a very slim main line, 15 ongoing books by my count, though I assume a Supergirl, JSA, Aquaman, Batgirls/Birds of Prey and Legion in some form are on the way. No more double shipping, either. If I recall correctly the whole Rebirth roll out took a few months so I'm not to surprised there. Many of the Black Label books are winding down in the next year, too, so I'm thinking that the overall mandate has been to reduce the line as much as possible.

The story behind the scenes here would be interesting to read about, there's no books by DC mainstays like Williamson (minus the Damian backup), Tomasi, Jurgens, etc. Have to say, not a lot of non white creators overall, either.

I'm generally in support of back ups but none of these really grab me. Shame that Ram V's excellent JLD book is being regulated to a back up, though.

The Titans Academy is a great hook and the freshest the franchise has looked in...decades? Unsure about the writer but hopefully it gets a good long run.

The presence of the Future State/5G characters on the Infinite Frontier cover suggest to me they might their own books alter in the year, maybe digitally.

And we have still no news on the Milestone front, even though it's planned to launch in February, but my understanding is digital first series aren't announced that far in advance.

Overall....eh, could be better but could've been a lot worse. At least the across the 6 core titles (Action, Superman, Batman, 'Tec, Wonder Woman and JL) the art is going to be outstanding.
    Big doubts those books will be back in any format, they have cut off books with low sales, they said that they gonna have fewer books. I know we would like it to be different, but it rarely translates into this. Green Arrow has been cancelled a year ago or so, did it come back?, No, although fans speculated that it was going to be back soon, so for supergirl etc.
    They will probably have some new publications but not the titles mentioned, some Bat related stuff(for a change).
    That all come down to AT&T wanting profits from DC, less titles, less expenses and losses from books that aren't great at sales.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    That is a really crappy move, especially after they had already announced the series would be back.
    Yep, I was so looking forward to it. I'll still check it out but... eh...

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Avi View Post
    Yep, I was so looking forward to it. I'll still check it out but... eh...
    I’ll read it in the store. If can stomach Bendis’s stuff, I might buy it. Otherwise it’s just going to be trade-waiting for me.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    I’ll read it in the store. If can stomach Bendis’s stuff, I might buy it. Otherwise it’s just going to be trade-waiting for me.
    Unrelated question but are you the same Shadowcat that rips digital comics?

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    Big doubts those books will be back in any format, they have cut off books with low sales, they said that they gonna have fewer books. I know we would like it to be different, but it rarely translates into this. Green Arrow has been cancelled a year ago or so, did it come back?, No, although fans speculated that it was going to be back soon, so for supergirl etc.
    They will probably have some new publications but not the titles mentioned, some Bat related stuff(for a change).
    That all come down to AT&T wanting profits from DC, less titles, less expenses and losses from books that aren't great at sales.
    That's why I was saying "in some form," I could very easily see a Legion back up in future issues of Action or a Batgirls story in the new Batman anthology book.

That's why I was saying "in some form," I could very easily see a Legion back up in future issues of Action or a Batgirls story in the new Batman anthology book.
    but that applies for certain characters, you cannot throw in a Hawkman or a Jackson Hyde etc in most of what you mention. And The characters that will, they will be guests, secondary to others. Big difference when you have a solo book. I doubt that it will be enough for their fans.

Ultimate Member

Unless you put those back ups in a collected edition-you can kiss those fans GOODBYE.

Folks don't want to hear guys who have over 100+ books can't get a shot while seeing those no one asked for or just showed up get shots.

They don't care to hear about AT&T hurting for money based on AT&T's on antics like a certain film or buying too much crap.

They don't care to hear about wanting profits when for 20 years Dan and friends ran wild screwing over franchises like Teen Titans, not taking advantage of guys like Jaime Reyes and firing editors who did help books sale.

If you want to survive only on Batman & Superman-just say it now so everyone can go invest in the competition. Marvel or whoever.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Unless you put those back ups in a collected edition-you can kiss those fans GOODBYE.

Folks don't want to hear guys who have over 100+ books can't get a shot while seeing those no one asked for or just showed up get shots.

They don't care to hear about AT&T hurting for money based on AT&T's on antics like a certain film or buying too much crap.

They don't care to hear about wanting profits when for 20 years Dan and friends ran wild screwing over franchises like Teen Titans, not taking advantage of guys like Jaime Reyes and firing editors who did help books sale.

If you want to survive only on Batman & Superman-just say it now so everyone can go invest in the competition. Marvel or whoever.
    eventually that is what's gonna happen.

AT&T is the worst thing that could happen to DC. It was already not doing well all it needed was AT&T.
    DC is gonna lose many of the fans of the characters that got canceled. Once those fans leave, it will be very hard to bring them back. Ok, Some would comeback when their books are back, but you lose a good percentage of them.

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    You can't accuse JSA of having low sales. There's no recent figures to compare, as there's been no actual Justice Society book for nine years - that's why New 52 Stargirl ended up in the JLA, the JSA didn't exist. And no, Earth-2 doesn't count.

Also, it's pretty much confirmed they're getting something, or they wouldn't be showcasing Stargirl and Alan Scott in the Infinite Frontier one-shot.

Legion of Super-Heroes will definitely be back as well. Would've been labelled FINAL ISSUE in the December solicits if there was no plans.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-19-2020 at 09:30 PM.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    You can't accuse JSA of having low sales. There's no recent figures to compare, as there's been no actual Justice Society book for nine years - that's why New 52 Stargirl ended up in the JLA, the JSA didn't exist. And no, Earth-2 doesn't count.

Also, it's pretty much confirmed they're getting something, or they wouldn't be showcasing Stargirl and Alan Scott in the Infinite Frontier one-shot.

Legion of Super-Heroes will definitely be back as well. Would've been labelled FINAL ISSUE in the December solicits if there was no plans.
    With DC, and especially these days, nothing is confirmed until it actually happens. And all Alan and Stargirl's appearances mean is that they have stories in that comic, and likely exist. It says nothing about a JSA title in the offing, much like DC itself has said nothing about that. Given that it seems to be about 235670000th on the priority list at DC, after whatever new characters they may create in the next ten years, and after new Trinity related projects they might come up with, I'm still not holding my breath.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post

Honestly, I've never trust on the lack of FINAL ISSUE in December.

It was a weird time, so I always think they don't want to announce cancellations on December.

After, it wouldn't be the first times comics are canceled without the solicitations including FINAL ISSUE.