Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    At least with Rise of the Seven Seas the run ended in such a way that the cliffhanger wasn't a total swerve, even if now we'll never know what was going to happen with it other than bringing Queen Clea back.

He was taken off Aquaman by Didio. thats why there was never the rise of 7 seas.
    Last edited by Goldrake; 12-20-2020 at 11:05 PM.

Do we know who is on the new Justice League?
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    Do we know who is on the new Justice League?
    YES, its Bendis

Quote Originally Posted by MarFarr View Post
    YES, its Bendis
    sorry, I should have clarified. Do we know all the characters are on the roster?

I'm intrigued because it's Bendis and we all know his track record with Avengers
    The J-man

sorry, I should have clarified. Do we know all the characters are on the roster?

I'm intrigued because it's Bendis and we all know his track record with Avengers
    Superman, Batman, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Black Adam, Aquaman, Naomi, Hippolyta, and apparently a Flash but no detail on if that’s Barry, Wally, or someone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Superman, Batman, Green Arrow, Black Canary, Black Adam, Aquaman, Naomi, Hippolyta, and apparently a Flash but no detail on if that’s Barry, Wally, or someone else.
    hmm Black Adam could be interesting, that's a very unusual choice. Naomi has a lot of potential as a fresh/new character. Will see what happens there. I don't get Hippolyta being on the team.

Other than that the team feels like standard leaguers. Outside of those 3 the team isn't jumping out at me too much. I'll wait and see how the three new leaguers are handled. Fingers crossed. I guess Wonder Woman not being on the team is kind of big too.
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Where are you getting that there's a flash? I haven't seen an indication of that.

Also you're missing Hawkgirl.

He's named in the solicit. But yeah, we don't know who's behind the mask, because he's not on the cover.

JUSTICE LEAGUE #59
    written by BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS
    art and cover by DAVID MARQUEZ
    backup story written by RAM V
    backup story art by XERMANICO
    wraparound variant cover by DAVID MARQUEZ
    variant cover by KAEL NGU
    ON SALE 3/16/21
    $4.99 US | 40 PAGES | FC | DC
    Writer Brian Michael Bendis reunites with artist David Marquez (Miles Morales, Iron Man, Batman/Superman) for a new, star-studded Justice League featuring Superman, Batman, the Flash, Hawkgirl, Aquaman, Hippolyta, new DC powerhouse Naomi, and...is that Black Adam?! Superman is leading the charge to reinvent the Justice League—and at the same time, a new, cosmic-powered threat arrives from Naomi's homeworld to rule the Earth!
    And in the backup story, dark days lie ahead for the new Justice League Dark. Zatanna and John Constantine take a road trip, only to discover horror around the bend as a friend—and sometime foe—is reborn in fire! A legend is destroyed, and another takes a terrible turn, as Merlin reveals the beginning of a new, blood-drenched plot for all humankind. So begins writer Ram V's new journey into the abyss with the Justice League Dark and artist Xermanico!
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Ah. Being very coy there. Might end up being Wally then.

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Considering how Bendis writes Barry, we might be better off if he's writing Wally.

how many Flashes are there right now? Barry? Jay? Two Wallys? Bart still around? What about Jesse Quick and some other speedsters?
    The J-man

how many Flashes are there right now? Barry? Jay? Two Wallys? Bart still around? What about Jesse Quick and some other speedsters?
    If we go by Infinite Frontier, a new one will be added soon.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by vasir12 View Post
    Waid did mention several months ago that DC was eager to see Wally in his rightful place of prominence.

I still expect both Barry and Wally to be actively doing the Flash thing when all is said and done. But they're definitely playing it coy with Wally as even the Titans Academy writer said "it's complicated" about whether or not he would appear in the book.

Jay, Barry, Wally, Bart, Wallace, Jesse, Max, Iris, and Avery. There's also supposedly a new speedster in Titans Academy who I believe is part of Future State: Suicide Squad.
    Last edited by Rend20; 12-21-2020 at 10:48 AM.

wait, Iris? Iris West? Is she a speedster now? I'm not familiar with Avery
    The J-man

wait, Iris? Iris West? Is she a speedster now? I'm not familiar with Avery
    I hope not, this is like everyone on Hulk becoming a hulk