Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

I hoped Tim would get a new name. I do not like Red Robin.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I hope there is a relaunch and not just one-shots and mini-series.
    The fact that Batman seems to be continuing it's numbering in March makes me think it won't be a line wide relaunch at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Samm View Post
    My prediction: DC will continue to revolve around the same 6 franchises... Here’s Super/Bat/Wonder/Aqua/Flash/Lantern but in college, in high school, in middle school, as anti heroes...etc.

Too bad! I just DC to something with the likes of Blue Beetle, Black Lightning, Vixen, Steel, Cassandra Cain...etc. Also that Titans idea sounds lame and is just a retread of the 2003 series but with Damian’s generation
    If that Titans rumor is true I give up.

Freaking Roundhouse in a monthly comic but Blue Beetle (Jaime), Steel, Cass, etc. are still MIA.

A lot of those spoilers seem like wishful thinking and fan expectations.

spoilers:
    Is Humphries even still writing for DC?

Priest taking over Aquaman just sounds like putting him on Black Panther again. Does that mean Aquaman is going to be king again? Or probably still political to some extent.

Johns writing the JSA again seems unlikely given his current standing at DC. Does DC want their ongoing to have to deal with all those delays?

Why would Tynion pair Tim and Conner together after all the time he spent building Tim and Steph together? It just doesn't make any sense. I know people ship it, but come on. And I never got the sense Bendis was setting up anything with Conner and Naomi but it's Bendis so it could've gotten lost in all the quips and decompression.

HiC being undone and Lian being back would be amazing.

Jon getting de-aged seems like heavy wishful thinking.

Feels like they're pushing for John to be more relevant rather than Kyle.
    end of spoilers

Those 4chan rumors seem like 4chan rumors. Nuggets of rumors that have already been circling around, mixed in with pandering and straight fan fiction.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-21-2020 at 07:54 PM.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

Obviously the solution is another hard reboot!
    Assassinate Putin!

Fantastic Member

Bring back the old Legion!

The Green Arrow rumour was already debunked before this thread even started. Saladin Ahmed says he isn't writing him.
    https://twitter.com/saladinahmed/sta...048212998?s=20
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I think people should set their expectations a bit, DC has only been downsizing this year, probably should expect a much smaller amount of titles than what new 52 or rebirth started with. Maybe more digital first titles to avoid taking risks.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I wouldn't put much stock in those rumors.

Astonishing Member

Honestly, I haven't expected solicits that much for a long time. I just would like to know what they are planning, tired of these fortune-telling and rumors.

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I wouldn't put much stock in those rumors.
    Yep...

spoilers:
    Priest is currently writing U.S. Agent, and Entropy will apparently start early next year.

What are the odds that he is going to add another title to that?

While it's not impossible, it feels kinda unlikely.
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    I hoped Tim would get a new name. I do not like Red Robin.
    You do not like a delicious burger and fries?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    A lot of those spoilers seem like wishful thinking and fan expectations.

spoilers:
    Is Humphries even still writing for DC?

Priest taking over Aquaman just sounds like putting him on Black Panther again. Does that mean Aquaman is going to be king again? Or probably still political to some extent.

Johns writing the JSA again seems unlikely given his current standing at DC. Does DC want their ongoing to have to deal with all those delays?

Why would Tynion pair Tim and Conner together after all the time he spent building Tim and Steph together? It just doesn't make any sense. I know people ship it, but come on. And I never got the sense Bendis was setting up anything with Conner and Naomi but it's Bendis so it could've gotten lost in all the quips and decompression.

HiC being undone and Lian being back would be amazing.

Jon getting de-aged seems like heavy wishful thinking.

Feels like they're pushing for John to be more relevant rather than Kyle.
    end of spoilers
    I think Johns doing JSA again is realistic. He was going to have them guest appear in Shazam before the book was cancelled. And I'd trust him to do a good job reestablishing the team from Doomsday Clock. Though I'd hope they take precautions to minimize possible delays. As for DC as whole I'm concerned Johns might be one of the few people interested in the JSA, given how DC has dragged their feet with relaunching them. Legion got a new series almost immediately, but the JSA there hasn't had a full appearance as a team since. Just few scattered guest appearances by members here and there. Which has been quite frustrating.

The Jon being deaged I also consider to be realistic, particularly considering Jimenez's art tease. The age-up has not been received well. Though I'm not sure about how the de-aging being done as described in the rumors. Rescuing Jon from Earth 3 at an earlier age would be the best way to accomplish it, not hitting him with a de-aging effect and a mind wipe.

Undoing HIC's deaths and bringing Lian back would be perfect.

Though it seems the 4chan rumors are already being discredited and debunked.

Was not liking the Kon/Tim shipping rumor though. There's some good in the them not being accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I think people should set their expectations a bit, DC has only been downsizing this year, probably should expect a much smaller amount of titles than what new 52 or rebirth started with. Maybe more digital first titles to avoid taking risks.
    You're probably right. Jim Lee said we were going to be looking at a 25-30% reduction in the line's overall size, but question is 25-35% down from what? And Exactly how many Titles should we expect? The line is currently down to just ongoing 14 titles, so it's hard not seeing them launch quite a few.

I’ve never remembered a 4chan “leak” about an upcoming comics relaunch ever coming true. It’s always a bunch of crap people on the Internet want, mixed in with the latest rumors from Bleeding Cool. Notice that there’s no mention of what Venditti and Taylor are doing despite how they’ve both said they have in continuity DC books coming after Future State, and a true “leaker” would’ve known what they’re doing by now. They don’t say what Bendis is doing either, and there’s no mention of Johns Three Joker sequel, instead making a completely unbelievable claim that Johns will be writing a team ongoing. Uh-uh, not anymore, he couldn’t even do a Shazam ongoing and now he’s doing a team ongoing? Not happening.

Oh and they’re already getting debunked I see. Literally the only thing on there that seems plausible is Waid taking over the Superbooks.