Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 200
  1. #31
    Mighty Member Swamp Thing 2099's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Impenetrable Coccoon of Feelings
    Posts
    1,019

    Default

    I'd be shocked if we didn't have a relaunch of Harley Quinn.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

  2. #32
    Astonishing Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,469

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    You do not like a delicious burger and fries?
    Not really.

    But their Fish & Chips was actually pretty good as I remember. It's been a while.

  3. #33
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    60,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Swamp Thing 2099 View Post
    I'd be shocked if we didn't have a relaunch of Harley Quinn.
    I'm waiting for a Harley relaunch that makes her a villain and outright criminal again.

  4. #34
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    1,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by scary harpy View Post
    Not really.

    But their Fish & Chips was actually pretty good as I remember. It's been a while.
    Yeah, for me too. Didn't they go out of business?

  5. #35
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    1,607

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm waiting for a Harley relaunch that makes her a villain and outright criminal again.
    Me too actually. I hate the Harley as anti-hero because she's cute or something while doing horrible things. Better as an outright, unapologetic villain IMO. But it won't happen.

  6. #36
    Astonishing Member Gaius's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    3,219

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm waiting for a Harley relaunch that makes her a villain and outright criminal again.

  7. #37
    Invincible Member Digifiend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    24,987

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    Yep...

    spoilers:
    Priest is currently writing U.S. Agent, and Entropy will apparently start early next year.

    What are the odds that he is going to add another title to that?

    While it's not impossible, it feels kinda unlikely.
    end of spoilers
    U.S.Agent is just a mini-series.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

  8. #38
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Me too actually. I hate the Harley as anti-hero because she's cute or something while doing horrible things. Better as an outright, unapologetic villain IMO. But it won't happen.
    Definitely won't happen with Punchline being succesfull and Tynion is finally giving her a proper hero journey currently, so I'm fine with where her character is currently.

  9. #39
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    60,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Definitely won't happen with Punchline being succesfull and Tynion is finally giving her a proper hero journey currently, so I'm fine with where her character is currently.
    I don't know if Tynion is giving her a proper hero's journey so much as just treating her like the rest of DC does more or less, where she more or less gets a pass for her antics and nominally isn't a Supervillain anymore and buddy buddy with the heroes for...reasons.

  10. #40
    Spectacular Member randomideaguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2020
    Posts
    120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    Deadline initially claimed that Yara would be getting her own series with her as the new Wonder Girl, but it's since been redacted.
    I was wondering if you had a source on this? I can't find it being redacted anywhere with simple google.

    Obv I have a lot of opinions on what series should survive and such, I just have no good answers in terms of how to deal with the overall decline of comic sales in general. I could maybe see a "digital only" type deal, or otherwise producing vastly less physical issues. It's just sad to think about as this would likely be the death of many comic stores (or more focus on things like DnD play spaces).

  11. #41
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by randomideaguy View Post
    I was wondering if you had a source on this? I can't find it being redacted anywhere with simple google.

    Obv I have a lot of opinions on what series should survive and such, I just have no good answers in terms of how to deal with the overall decline of comic sales in general. I could maybe see a "digital only" type deal, or otherwise producing vastly less physical issues. It's just sad to think about as this would likely be the death of many comic stores (or more focus on things like DnD play spaces).
    It's based of the early posts in the two threads based on the Deadline article in the Wonder Woman forums, both which have people saying the article originally said Yara was getting a Wonder Girl comic as well as the tv show. according to the "Default CW developing a 'Wonder Girl' tv series centered around Yara Flora", the mention of that part was done within an hour and half of the thread being posted.

    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...und-Yara-Flora
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...nder-Girl-mini

    Regardless, Joelle has stated she not done with Yara after future state. I do hope that they first introduce in the present in Wonder Woman first and establish a connection between her and Diana before spinning her off into series.

    Also a weird kink has appeared. The preview and table of contents for Multiverse Who Laughs were just released, and it includes a Green Arrow story by Ahmed. While I believe him when he claims not to be working on a Green Arrow project (I have no reason not to), it is a weird coincidence for them to announce a Green Arrow story by him a few days after somebody makes a prediction of him writing Green Arrow. While it doesn't validate the rumor at all, it could point to to the information being flawed but not completely made up. Or whoever made up the rumors just had access to Multiverse Who Laughs.
    Last edited by Artemisfanboy; 11-22-2020 at 12:55 PM.

  12. #42
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,777

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    It's based of the early posts in the two threads based on the Deadline article in the Wonder Woman forums, both which have people saying the article originally said Yara was getting a Wonder Girl comic as well as the tv show. according to the "Default CW developing a 'Wonder Girl' tv series centered around Yara Flora", the mention of that part was done within an hour and half of the thread being posted.

    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...und-Yara-Flora
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...nder-Girl-mini

    Regardless, Joelle has stated she not done with Yara after future state. I do hope that they first introduce in the present in Wonder Woman first and establish a connection between her and Diana before spinning her off into series.

    Also a weird kink has appeared. The preview and table of contents for Multiverse Who Laughs were just released, and it includes a Green Arrow story by Ahmed. While I believe him when he claims not to be working on a Green Arrow project (I have no reason not to), it is a weird coincidence for them to announce a Green Arrow story by him a few days after somebody makes a prediction of him writing Green Arrow. While it doesn't validate the rumor at all, it could point to to the information being flawed but completely made up. Or whoever made up the rumors just had access to Multiverse Who Laughs.
    The dude who made the 4chan post probably saw Ahmed was writing the green arrow story and guessed he'd continue writing the character.

  13. #43
    Astonishing Member Robanker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    4,400

    Default

    A lot of those rumors are pretty interesting so I'm sure none are happening.

    I admit the prospect of Tim/Kon getting together is something I've thought should happen, but I don't know about them being bi? I always thought it was more of a "you're the exception" kind of thing, but I'm not against it.

    Ahmed loves the '70s GA/GL Ollie so that's good, but I hope Black Canary is in whatever he's got planned. Those two work best together!

    Waid getting sole control of Superman I'm not keen on. I was hoping Yang would copilot with him.

    I don't like Jon's time with the Legion being entirely dropped, but that's because I'm enjoying that book a lot. Time will tell.

    Who knows how this is going to play out. I guess we'll see.
    Last edited by Robanker; 11-22-2020 at 03:53 PM.

  14. #44
    Moderator Frontier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    60,143

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I admit the prospect of Tim/Kon getting together is something I've thought should happen, but I don't know about them being bi? I always thought it was more of a "you're the exception" kind of thing, but I'm not against it.
    I have literally seen nothing romantic in Tim and Conner's friendship. At least not to the degree of their actual romantic relationships. Is it so wrong for them to be close friends?

  15. #45
    Unstoppable Member KC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    1,935

    Default

    I think a relaunch is desperately needed at this point. They need to do something different than what they are doing now.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •