Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Default Who would be your version of Diana’s Tartarus?

Being a walking comic book Wikipedia site can have its ups and downs, but my long term memory for some reason thought about Devin Grayson’s villain team for her reboot of the Titans in late ‘99, and thought...hmmm. This could be Diana’s version of Intergang, or the Falcone Family. To tie it up to the Myths, these people would be earthly agents of Chronus, and financed by Veronica Vale.
    84C34FB5-1BD0-4A81-ABE7-449E1F24BF12.jpg
    My team would include:

Dr. Cyber
    Blue Snowman
    Zara
    Giganta
    Gundra
    Alexandros as the Silver Swan, powered by Vale technology, who was inspired by a dream sent from Chronos.

Mine came off having a kind of a Superior Foes of Spider-man vibe.

Even google couldn't explain to me what Tartarus is... are they just a bunch of Teen Titans villains who have teamed up? If so, Villainy Inc. or Godwatch checks those boxes for Wondy.

Although I love the idea of a Superior Foes-style group. Maybe a modern version of the Academy of Arch-Villains which included Angle Man, Mouse Man, and the Human Fireworks. Add some women into the group and bang!

I've kind of thought of splitting the difference between Godwatch and Villainy Inc with both existing but Godwatch being more concerned with dealing with stuff related to myth/magical side of Diana's world and Villainy Inc being a more straightforward super-villain crime organization like the Rogues.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Even google couldn't explain to me what Tartarus is... are they just a bunch of Teen Titans villains who have teamed up? If so, Villainy Inc. or Godwatch checks those boxes for Wondy.

Although I love the idea of a Superior Foes-style group. Maybe a modern version of the Academy of Arch-Villains which included Angle Man, Mouse Man, and the Human Fireworks. Add some women into the group and bang!
    Basically. They were all villains that had fought various Titans in their solo adventures.

And I’m shocked. I cannot believe you didn’t know who they are. Shocked!!!!
    Last edited by Shadowcat; 11-25-2020 at 12:33 AM.

I need waaaay more Villainy Inc in my life with Diana’s costumed supervillain antagonists, but I kinda love the idea of a team of mythological adversaries against Diana and/or Villainy Inc. that aren’t Ares’s Children or Cronus’s Kids. (They can be their own things.)

Echidna
    Medusa or another of her sisters
    Minotaur
    Harpy
    Polyphemus
    Sphinx
    Arae
    Scylla

For any of the general categories I mentioned, I’d create a individual character of that species. It’d be fun to play with how these characters deal with the modern world, if they are part of it at all.

I rather go with the Greek version
    Tartarus (/ˈtɑːrtərəs/; Ancient Greek: Τάρταρος, Tártaros)[1] is the deep abyss that is used as a dungeon of torment and suffering for the wicked and as the prison for the Titans. Tartarus is the place where, according to Plato's Gorgias (c. 400 BC), souls are judged after death and where the wicked received divine punishment. Tartarus is also considered to be a primordial force or deity alongside entities such as the Earth, Night and Time.
    kind of like her version of the Phantom Zone.

If I were going to create the team using Wonder supervillains, I’d use it as an opportunity to reintroduce and revamp little-known Amazon adversaries and use others that aren’t already Villainy Inc members:

Doctor Cyber
    Chang Tzu
    Angle Man
    Kung
    Devastation
    Professor Menace
    Formicida
    Captain Wonder

I have to be honest, I always scratch my head whenever someone mentions they think Chang Tzu/Egg Fu should still be a thing. That mess is such a racist caricature, it doesn't matter how they try to modernize him - that history will always be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I have to be honest, I always scratch my head whenever someone mentions they think Chang Tzu/Egg Fu should still be a thing. That mess is such a racist caricature, it doesn't matter how they try to modernize him - that history will always be there.
    I feel the same way with I-Ching.