Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1
    Spectacular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    115

    Default Could Professor X will be the next Maker (Ultimate Reed Richard)?

    The reason I am here to provide explaination is because since the dawn of X, Professor X's helmet is almost similar to the Maker's helmet but with the X symbol around the head. Moreover, he become more fascist and jerk since he and along with the Quiet Council become too obessesion in doing anything to make the Mutant a better place, despite some of the villains are welcoming and even become their quiet council. Something tell me the way he make this island, it is almost like the Maker's plan.

  2. #2
    Fantastic Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    470

    Default

    The decision to make him look so much like Maker does feel intentional.

  3. #3
    Mighty Member Frobisher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Posts
    1,931

    Default

    I still think the mutants actually moved to Mars in HoX/Dox and there is a big reveal yet to come.

  4. #4
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    6,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    The decision to make him look so much like Maker does feel intentional.
    Yes, agree. Also somewhat similar to the Master, who appeared years before the Maker.

  5. #5
    Astonishing Member Zelena's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    2,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    The decision to make him look so much like Maker does feel intentional.
    Or it could be a red herring… which would be bad storytelling.

  6. #6
    Astonishing Member Omega Alpha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    4,102

    Default

    He's obviously not the Maker, but the fact the new Cerebro looks like his helmet is very deliberate- to make people suspect there's something else going on that he's not telling, possibly sinister- and is, of course, though nothing in the obvious direction many people were thinking, and some still are, that Xavier is mind-controlling anyone.

  7. #7
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    6,791

    Default

    Does Xavier ever take the helmet off?

  8. #8
    ᱬ Master Of Chaos ᱬ Cruelrain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Posts
    875

    Default

    I wonder if his helmet makes him a lot more powerful than Jean since she's is an omega but Xavier has the feats as well (he's of course more skilled and powerful than the other telepaths on Krakoa IMO)

  9. #9
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    6,791

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I wonder if his helmet makes him a lot more powerful than Jean since she's is an omega but Xavier has the feats as well (he's of course more skilled and powerful than the other telepaths on Krakoa IMO)
    Yeah, I have wondered how Jean and Xavier compare these days.

  10. #10
    The Professional Marvell2100's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    All Along The Watchtower
    Posts
    11,834

    Default

    Wouldn't The Maker not be allowed on Krakoa? Krakoa should be able to sense that The maker isn't a mutant.

  11. #11
    Mighty Member zinderel's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,334

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Does Xavier ever take the helmet off?
    He’s taken it off a few times. Most notably early in the DoX era, in X-Men 3, I believe. The Davos issue. Charles, Erik and En Sabah Nur attend a lovely dinner at the G8, meeting with ambassadors and dignitaries. At that dinner, America - at the very least, though likely not alone - attempts to assassinate them under the guise of peace (and succeeds in planting tracking bugs in them, despite the failed assassination). They fail, handily, and Magneto and Apocalypse go on at length about mankind and how mutantkind will be acting going forward.

    And Xavier calmly removes his helmet (this was quite early in the run, so it felt deliberately placed to head off and crush theories that he was actually the Maker or whatever) and addresses the gathered humans. He tells them that even though they tried to kill him once already -less than a month prior to this meeting, in fact. And the attempt succeeded, though humanity doesn’t know about the resurrection protocols), and again at this meeting, he still loves them. But he won’t let that love blind him anymore.

    Whatever else may be going on, Xavier is still Xavier. He still dreams...but he also ACTS, now. When the dream doesn’t match reality, he acts within the context of what reality demands. Even if that appears to run counter to his dream.
    Last edited by zinderel; 11-22-2020 at 03:11 PM.

  12. #12
    Extraordinary Member Phoenixx9's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    6,791

    Default

    Thanks for the info, zinderel.

    I know in the beginning, some were saying that Shadow King was possessing Charles, but I do not hear that talk anymore.

  13. #13
    Fantastic Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    337

    Default

    The X-Men already have a Maker... his name is Forge.

  14. #14
    see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    1,899

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    He’s taken it off a few times. Most notably early in the DoX era, in X-Men 3, I believe. The Davos issue. Charles, Erik and En Sabah Nur attend a lovely dinner at the G8, meeting with ambassadors and dignitaries. At that dinner, America - at the very least, though likely not alone - attempts to assassinate them under the guise of peace (and succeeds in planting tracking bugs in them, despite the failed assassination). They fail, handily, and Magneto and Apocalypse go on at length about mankind and how mutantkind will be acting going forward.

    And Xavier calmly removes his helmet (this was quite early in the run, so it felt deliberately placed to head off and crush theories that he was actually the Maker or whatever) and addresses the gathered humans. He tells them that even though they tried to kill him once already -less than a month prior to this meeting, in fact. And the attempt succeeded, though humanity doesn’t know about the resurrection protocols), and again at this meeting, he still loves them. But he won’t let that love blind him anymore.

    Whatever else may be going on, Xavier is still Xavier. He still dreams...but he also ACTS, now. When the dream doesn’t match reality, he acts within the context of what reality demands. Even if that appears to run counter to his dream.
    Also in X-Men/Fantastic Four he has it off for the majority of that mini

  15. #15
    Extraordinary Member Glio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    5,381

    Default

    The similarities between The Maker and Xavier are obvious but to tell the truth, they are common elements of dehumanization.

    The black jumpsuit that he wears is simple and "helmet that covers the eyes" is something very typical to dehumanize characters.

    The helmet dehumanizes Xavier and the writer and the artist take it off when they want to show his softer and more vulnerable side, like when talking to humans in Davos or when scared for the safety of mutants in X of Swords.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •