Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default Could Professor X will be the next Maker (Ultimate Reed Richard)?

The reason I am here to provide explaination is because since the dawn of X, Professor X's helmet is almost similar to the Maker's helmet but with the X symbol around the head. Moreover, he become more fascist and jerk since he and along with the Quiet Council become too obessesion in doing anything to make the Mutant a better place, despite some of the villains are welcoming and even become their quiet council. Something tell me the way he make this island, it is almost like the Maker's plan.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

The decision to make him look so much like Maker does feel intentional.

I still think the mutants actually moved to Mars in HoX/Dox and there is a big reveal yet to come.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Yes, agree. Also somewhat similar to the Master, who appeared years before the Maker.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Or it could be a red herring… which would be bad storytelling.
    “Strength is the lot of but a few privileged men; but austere perseverance, harsh and continuous, may be employed by the smallest of us and rarely fails of its purpose, for its silent power grows irresistibly greater with time.” Goethe

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

He's obviously not the Maker, but the fact the new Cerebro looks like his helmet is very deliberate- to make people suspect there's something else going on that he's not telling, possibly sinister- and is, of course, though nothing in the obvious direction many people were thinking, and some still are, that Xavier is mind-controlling anyone.

Does Xavier ever take the helmet off?

I wonder if his helmet makes him a lot more powerful than Jean since she's is an omega but Xavier has the feats as well (he's of course more skilled and powerful than the other telepaths on Krakoa IMO)

Quote Originally Posted by Cruelrain View Post
    I wonder if his helmet makes him a lot more powerful than Jean since she's is an omega but Xavier has the feats as well (he's of course more skilled and powerful than the other telepaths on Krakoa IMO)
    Yeah, I have wondered how Jean and Xavier compare these days.

Wouldn't The Maker not be allowed on Krakoa? Krakoa should be able to sense that The maker isn't a mutant.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Does Xavier ever take the helmet off?
    He’s taken it off a few times. Most notably early in the DoX era, in X-Men 3, I believe. The Davos issue. Charles, Erik and En Sabah Nur attend a lovely dinner at the G8, meeting with ambassadors and dignitaries. At that dinner, America - at the very least, though likely not alone - attempts to assassinate them under the guise of peace (and succeeds in planting tracking bugs in them, despite the failed assassination). They fail, handily, and Magneto and Apocalypse go on at length about mankind and how mutantkind will be acting going forward.

And Xavier calmly removes his helmet (this was quite early in the run, so it felt deliberately placed to head off and crush theories that he was actually the Maker or whatever) and addresses the gathered humans. He tells them that even though they tried to kill him once already -less than a month prior to this meeting, in fact. And the attempt succeeded, though humanity doesn’t know about the resurrection protocols), and again at this meeting, he still loves them. But he won’t let that love blind him anymore.

Whatever else may be going on, Xavier is still Xavier. He still dreams...but he also ACTS, now. When the dream doesn’t match reality, he acts within the context of what reality demands. Even if that appears to run counter to his dream.
    Last edited by zinderel; 11-22-2020 at 03:11 PM.

Thanks for the info, zinderel.

I know in the beginning, some were saying that Shadow King was possessing Charles, but I do not hear that talk anymore.

Incredible Member

The X-Men already have a Maker... his name is Forge.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    He’s taken it off a few times. Most notably early in the DoX era, in X-Men 3, I believe. The Davos issue. Charles, Erik and En Sabah Nur attend a lovely dinner at the G8, meeting with ambassadors and dignitaries. At that dinner, America - at the very least, though likely not alone - attempts to assassinate them under the guise of peace (and succeeds in planting tracking bugs in them, despite the failed assassination). They fail, handily, and Magneto and Apocalypse go on at length about mankind and how mutantkind will be acting going forward.

And Xavier calmly removes his helmet (this was quite early in the run, so it felt deliberately placed to head off and crush theories that he was actually the Maker or whatever) and addresses the gathered humans. He tells them that even though they tried to kill him once already -less than a month prior to this meeting, in fact. And the attempt succeeded, though humanity doesn’t know about the resurrection protocols), and again at this meeting, he still loves them. But he won’t let that love blind him anymore.

Whatever else may be going on, Xavier is still Xavier. He still dreams...but he also ACTS, now. When the dream doesn’t match reality, he acts within the context of what reality demands. Even if that appears to run counter to his dream.
    Also in X-Men/Fantastic Four he has it off for the majority of that mini

The similarities between The Maker and Xavier are obvious but to tell the truth, they are common elements of dehumanization.

The black jumpsuit that he wears is simple and "helmet that covers the eyes" is something very typical to dehumanize characters.

The helmet dehumanizes Xavier and the writer and the artist take it off when they want to show his softer and more vulnerable side, like when talking to humans in Davos or when scared for the safety of mutants in X of Swords.