Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Yeah a game focusing more on story at the cost of gameplay tends to be a recipe for disaster lol.
    I mean, I had fun playing it. And I also really enjoyed the story .

Astonishing Member

Yeah a game focusing more on story at the cost of gameplay tends to be a recipe for disaster lol.
    You sure about that? I felt like most of the story was just Peter and Miguel bickering at each other.

If the story was actually good, then I would outright disagree with you.

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    You sure about that? I felt like most of the story was just Peter and Miguel bickering at each other.

The story started that way but you could see over time how they started bonding and working together better, and started appreciating each other more.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I mean, I had fun playing it. And I also really enjoyed the story .
    I tend to be way bitchier about gameplay quality, which is why I'm probably not buying the Miles game, 'cause PS4 Spidey's combat is nothing impressive, and I hear Miles' gameplay improved, but I doubt it improved enough for me to want to waste so much money in that... Maybe if it gets a good sale.

Disagree all you want, a game with bad story but good gameplay is way more bearable than a game with good story and meh gameplay for me, and if a game sacrifices gameplay for story, I'll have less reasons to care for it.

I supposed that is was in order to get a more focussed story, the dynamic between Miguel and Peter is what really carries most of the game's plot. But it does affect the gameplay in a bad way sadly.
    I have no problems with the story. A smaller cast let them have a tighter focus. If anything hurt the game, it was the fact that they basically just had one location though the entire game.

As for a sequel, sticking with five characters ....

A regular normal universe Spider-man
    Spider-man 2099
    Mayday Spider-girl
    Noir Spider-man
    Penni Parker (preferrably the Into the Spider-verse version over the comic version)
    And Miles

(Spider-ham for cut scene comic relief and maybe the occasional bonus game)

Going back to the old 90s series and the first time we ever got a "Spider-verse" let's bring back Spider-Carnage as a big bad.)

Astonishing Member

Super excited to see this game...
    Last edited by Darthfury78; 11-25-2020 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    As for a sequel, sticking with five characters ....

A regular normal universe Spider-man
    Spider-man 2099
    Mayday Spider-girl
    Noir Spider-man
    Penni Parker (preferrably the Into the Spider-verse version over the comic version)
    And Miles
    You listed six lol.

Going back to the old 90s series and the first time we ever got a "Spider-verse" let's bring back Spider-Carnage as a big bad.)
    How would other bosses be fought though? SD used the Lifeline Tablet being broken and spread for that, so none of the other bosses were working under Mysterio, and Spider-Carnage isn't exactly someone who'd care about having minions, specially if he wants to destroy everything everywhere.

Maybe if he's being pragmatic about it... But not too pragmatic to the point everyone gets a symbiote, 'cause that would be visually less interesting.

Or it could just repeat the Lifeline Tablet plot, something gets broken, Spiders travel around and they punch someone in the face while searching for one of the MacGuffin's pieces

Astonishing Member

How would other bosses be fought though? SD used the Lifeline Tablet being broken and spread for that, so none of the other bosses were working under Mysterio, and Spider-Carnage isn't exactly someone who'd care about having minions, specially if he wants to destroy everything everywhere.

Maybe if he's being pragmatic about it... But not too pragmatic to the point everyone gets a symbiote, 'cause that would be visually less interesting.

Or it could just repeat the Lifeline Tablet plot, something gets broken, Spiders travel around and they punch someone in the face while searching for one of the MacGuffin's pieces
    Actually, it was a different tablet: the Tablet of Order and Chaos.

Actually, it was a different tablet: the Tablet of Order and Chaos.
    Huh, didn't know they made another magic tablet for that game. Thanks for the correction.

You listed six lol.
    I'm good at numbers!

Actually, I didn't include Miles originally. I went back at the end and added him because because it seems like the add him to everything now.

Another good one that could be really fun to control would be Zombie Spider-man. You'd probably have to tone it down for ratings, but it could be a nice off the way choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I'm good at numbers!

Actually, I didn't include Miles originally. I went back at the end and added him because because it seems like the add him to everything now.
    Yeah, Miles is a no brainer for those kinds of things now, him and Gwen.

Another good one that could be really fun to control would be Zombie Spider-man. You'd probably have to tone it down for ratings, but it could be a nice off the way choice.
    I think if a cannibal Spidey were to be picked, Spiders-Man could be a more interesting choice, since Zombie Spidey is, Spidey, as a zombie, Spiders-Man is/are a bunch of spiders who kinda have Peter's mind, so I think he could have a more different moveset because he can do **** no other Spider can.

Peter, Miles, Gwen and Miguel as the main playable characters and with the Inheritors as antagonists sounds so obvious that I think it may just be too on the nose personally I would love it though. I really enjoyed Shattered Dimensions back in the day, even if I believe that open world is the way to go for Spider-Man games, it could be a neat alternative.

Possible DLC characters could be Julia Carpenter acting as Madam Web. Jessica Drew and Noir, who I would love for him to make a comeback because I feel SD nailed his aesthetics.

Quote Originally Posted by JTHM View Post
    Peter, Miles, Gwen and Miguel as the main playable characters and with the Inheritors as antagonists sounds so obvious that I think it may just be too on the nose personally I would love it though. I really enjoyed Shattered Dimensions back in the day, even if I believe that open world is the way to go for Spider-Man games, it could be a neat alternative.
    Something like Spider-Verse is better off by having different locations, specially if Inheritors are involved, so I don't see Open World working well with it, level based structure would be better for that.

Possible DLC characters could be Julia Carpenter acting as Madam Web. Jessica Drew and Noir, who I would love for him to make a comeback because I feel SD nailed his aesthetics.
    I would hope that Noir became interesting to play as, for once, 'cause while he's like as a character, he has the worst sections in the game because he uses the classic-bland-Triple-A-gaming-stealth™

Honestly, one mistake SD made (Which recent games still make, like Devil May Cry 5) is making levels exclusive to specific characters, 'cause characters with different movesets can making combat interesting by showing how each character can deal differently with the same situations.

There's too many spiders in Comics and animation, I would like to keep my games with one, maybe two spiders at most.

If I had to choose, then I would want some kind of Spiritual successor to Ultimate Spider-Man, so You can play as Spidey and Venom, maybe as Flash Thompson Venom - to include some gameplay variety.

Venom technically counts as a Spider character, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Dzika_Sowa View Post
    There's too many spiders in Comics and animation, I would like to keep my games with one, maybe two spiders at most.

If I had to choose, then I would want some kind of Spiritual successor to Ultimate Spider-Man, so You can play as Spidey and Venom, maybe as Flash Thompson Venom - to include some gameplay variety.

Venom technically counts as a Spider character, right?
    Well, Marvel is pushing Venom as its own thing, but Sony can still use him, so yeah, he counts as a Spidey character.

Still, don't think games should shy away from from multiple Spider-People, specially with how that hardly happens, games once in a while using the others would be fine, specially since they don't have to be connected, or even be a franchise.