Default New Mutants Vs X-Men (film)

The New Mutants (Magik, Dani, Wolfsbane, Cannonball
    Sunspot and Lockheed) face down the X-men, Cyclops, Storm, Wolverine, Beast, and Mystique. Dani has control over the bear in this scenario.

They fight in a high-school.

Astonishing Member

The first bear attack was supposed to be covered up as a spontaneous high class hurricane. Not sure I remember this right but he might have broken through the hospital shielding (that could collectively contain the NM all at once) or maybe just materialized inside and the defense system detected that. He alone might be a pain in the ass for Cyclops and Storm, the big attackers.

Magik opens up by limbo opening and getting behind Cyclops to cut his head off.

With Cyclops dead I figure Canonball crashes into storm killing her. Maybe he bounces around some before Logan snikts him down. Sunspot can maybe burn down beast based on the pool boiling, but Hank was strong and pretty agile. In a fight i’d back Hank due to sunspots limited feats. At the end of day, I figure Logan is the biggest problem. Dani probably can’t get in his head, and while the bear is something he can’t defeat, I figure he could go after Dani.

If Scott isn’t killed right away he basically just offs the New Mutants by himself. Storm could probably beat them all too, if she gets the chance to fly upwards and get going.

There’s no chance of a sequel, but I do hope we get to see Magik again at least. Same actress, please.
    Last edited by Marvel-Studios Rep; 02-12-2021 at 09:04 PM.

Wait, if Magik jumps into limbo, doesn't that count as leaving the battlefield as a forefit?
    Guy And Chou's RPG Site
    Rumbles Moderator

THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Guy1 View Post
    Wait, if Magik jumps into limbo, doesn't that count as leaving the battlefield as a forefit?
    We're into a murky area where it's hard to slap down a solid rule for everyone.

Nightcrawler, for example, has a teleportation that essentially moves him into another dimension, then back out again. We don't discount that.

Cass-umi (Cass in the Shadowthief gear) can drag people into another dimension (in which she needs to be, first) to D-Dump them, and teleports in a similar fashion to Nightcrawler. We don't disqualify her.

My opinion is that someone with a powerset that involves them popping out of an area and back in doesn't really 'leave the battlefield'; it's more of them 'using their powers'. If they pop out of the battlefield, prep like crazy, and come back in (or do other weird stuff outside, or simply use it to hide and get a draw), I would say that would be a forfeit.

But mileage may vary, and I suspect it's better to take it on a case-by-case basis. Here? Magick's 'teleportation' involves her stepping out of a dimension and back in. Seems legit.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Extraordinary Member

Dani summons all of the X-Men's fears and the others mop them up while the X-Men are dealing with that. Also Illyana seems to be a reality warper in the movie since she can create alternate dimensions with her mind and turn inanimate dolls into living fire-breathing dragons. The X-Men have no defense against those 2.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Kind of seems like a quickdraw, and Scott is usually pretty good at those. I wouldn't rule them out that quickly.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan