Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    So, here is a transcript of what Joelle said in the Painel and another interview with the site. I'm using google translate cause is too much stuff to translate by myself and i'm not really in the mood to do this right now. I'll just adjust certains things so the meaning isn't lost.

https://www.omelete.com.br/ccxp/ccxp...ha-brasileira/

Jöelle Jones spoke again about the creation of Yara Flor, the Brazilian Wonder Woman. “She is an outsider. She didn't grow up on Themyscira or with the Amazon tribe, so she is more a mortal than any other. I approached her experiencing this new world and trying to live up to mythology ”. The artist also revealed that creating the heroine's look was like “daydreaming” and a lot of fun.

At the end of the presentation, mediator Jamie S. Rich indicated that the Future State stories are just the beginning of Yara Flor's journey into the DC Universe. Jones agreed with an air of mystery “It's kind of inside me and I'm kind of learning from the character. Future State is a presentation, it's a fun story for people to get to know, and I can't wait to draw the rest, like now ”.

In an interview with Omelete, who also had access to two unpublished arts (see below), Jöelle Jones revealed more details about how Brazil influenced his Wonder Woman. “On my visit last year, I was very impressed. Everything on my trip seemed very vivid and exciting and thrilling, and everyone I met was passionate and lively and kind and very welcoming, warm. It looked almost like ‘The Wizard of Oz’, as if everything suddenly took on color ”.

Reinforcing that she really fell in love with the culture and lifestyle in the country, the comic artist said that this deep respect was reflected in Yara Flor's journey. “I don't want to tell you too much about the direction of the research because I don't want to reveal its origin story, but yes, there was a lot of research on mythology, and I'm really enjoying it. A lot is in Portuguese, so I had to learn a little of the language ”.

Describing her research as a great dive into mythology, Jones revealed the participation of a great acquaintance of national folklore. “For example, at Future State I use Caipora. It's a little stressful ... I'm not trying to reinvent it, but I'm trying to give it my touch and still respect what came before. It is a delicate balance, but I have asked for help from some Brazilian artists, to guide me and tell me if I am going in the right direction, and I have asked for advice on many elements of history and art ”.

One of the Brazilian artists consulted by Jöelle Jones is Bilquis Evely, a comic artist who has worked with Wonder Woman and the Sandman universe. “We don't know each other in person, we just exchange e-mails, and she has been amazing. She pays a lot of attention to all my questions. She sends me links to things I need to read, and about the political and social climate ”.

With few details about Yara Flor's journey revealed, it's natural for fans to wonder if Diana Prince is involved in any way. Jones replies, “I can say that Future State will be an introduction to a small part of Yara's life. And yes, yes, Diana has a big role to play in that, but I can't tell you more about how it happens, and it's killing me. ”

To prepare for the huge task of creating a Wonder Woman comic, Jones decided to read everything that was written about the character in chronological order and is currently in the iconic phase written and designed by George Pérez. “I think the origin he created for Wonder Woman is very beautiful. So, at this moment this is influencing me a lot, and the importance of the mythology that he put in it left a big mark on how I'm following with Yara Flor and her story ”.

Yikes, that’s a lot of reading material.

Quote Originally Posted by Drako View Post
    To prepare for the huge task of creating a Wonder Woman comic, Jones decided to read everything that was written about the character in chronological order and is currently in the iconic phase written and designed by George Pérez. “I think the origin he created for Wonder Woman is very beautiful. So, at this moment this is influencing me a lot, and the importance of the mythology that he put in it left a big mark on how I'm following with Yara Flor and her story ”
    Respect! Now I definitely want her on the main book.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yikes, that’s a lot of reading material.
    It's overkill. I will not doubt her passion but, my word, that sounds daunting. Massive respect to Jones for going above and beyond, but it winded me just reading that.

I'm sitting down and I already need to sit down.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

Should Joelle tie in the temple in the Amazon first from Darkseid’s stay while recuperating during Robinson’s run?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcat View Post
    Should Joelle tie in the temple in the Amazon first from Darkseid’s stay while recuperating during Robinson’s run?
    I think the less that run is referenced the better.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    It's overkill. I will not doubt her passion but, my word, that sounds daunting. Massive respect to Jones for going above and beyond, but it winded me just reading that.

I'm sitting down and I already need to sit down.
    Yeah, good lord especially since you can probably skip everything from Martston's death to the 70s at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I now see what the concept art was going for as far as a Wonder Girl costume.

Finally finished my rendition of Yara Flor Wonder Girl. Hope you guys like her!

20201207_152018-1.jpg

Looks great!

Quote Originally Posted by rayray1127 View Post
    Finally finished my rendition of Yara Flor Wonder Girl. Hope you guys like her!

20201207_152018-1.jpg
    Great depiction of Yara .

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    I cannot wait until they meet! They better meet. SMH

Well, I stumbled upon the #FixMsMarvel hashtag and, yeah, Twitter is gonna freak out when they don't hire a Tupi actress for the CW Show (or Yara's appearance in Wonder Woman 3). These people are getting upset that non-Muslims are being cast for Muslim characters.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post

This is probably the best cover Jenny Frison has done! Yara Flor is like a muse from Greek mythology, she just inspires great works of art!
    Sick cover! omg! love it