Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Bringing back the leotard in style .
    Indeed she is.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Brazilians are considered latino, it's too early to tell if she's too perfect.
    But what should her role be in Wonder Woman 3?

Also, uh, would a mod please fix my error in the title, its suppose to be Yara Flor, not Yara Flora...I was to euphoric at the time to notice my error...
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    But what should her role be in Wonder Woman 3?

Also, uh, would a mod please fix my error in the title, its suppose to be Yara Flor, not Yara Flora...I was to euphoric at the time to notice my error...
    The Wonder character for Damian and Jon's generation. She's taking the wonder girl mantle but she can have her own name like Artemis and Nubia
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

BANNED
    Themyscira, Wundagore Mountain, Talok VIII

This is probably the best cover Jenny Frison has done! Yara Flor is like a muse from Greek mythology, she just inspires great works of art!
    I don't understand that pic. Is she supposed to be a white woman? Isn't Yara Flor indigenous from the Amazon? That looks like one of those "artist draws Disney princesses as real people" pics of Pocahontas.

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    I don't understand that pic. Is she supposed to be a white woman? Isn't Yara Flor indigenous from the Amazon? That looks like one of those "artist draws Disney princesses as real people" pics of Pocahontas.
    A lot of artists tend to draw the same face and since a lot of those faces are gonna be white...
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by FutureWonder View Post
    yeah I noticed when I was little that artists don't know how to draw native ppl properly. Theyre always tanned white ppl. In a lot of pictures Yara looks more black than anything.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Yara seems cool and I'm buying the three books she appears in so I'm hoping she's rad. I do think people are jumping the gun a bit early on her since she's just a pitch so far until we get the books out but I'm glad there's excitement.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Suyane Moreira body painted as Yara Flor (photos by Bruno Serafim):

"💜✨Yara Flor is a new Wonder Woman from DC comics. She is also an Amazon and has a great connection with Brazil and the Amazonian tribes. The traits of this character were inspired by the Brazilian model @suyane.moreira_. I couldn't miss the opportunity to create a photo with our friend. We created this art with the help of the artist @wanderson.smivill who painted the armor on Suyane's body."

https://www.instagram.com/p/CICJnt2BTrK/

"Yara Flor 🔥"

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIDXZ7PBRyZ/

Count me in, I hope DC knocks it out the park.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Extraordinary Member

Joelle Jones used Suyane Moreira as a visual reference when designing Yara Flor so that's pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Son of Krypton View Post
    she looks cool

Attachment 102540

In this image from her creator Joelle Jones she is wearing Tupi face paint, which I think is a pretty good indicator of her origins. The images provided to us thus far have been pretty inconsistent though in terms of some of her features, including basic stuff like here hair and skin colour.

I think the CW may be stepping on a landmine in making a Yara tv show though, because...there are probably no Tupi actors in Hollywood. Twitter is gonna freak when they inevitably cast a Mexican American actress.
    I don’t think there’s a lot of Tupi actresses out there so CW has a huge challenge on their hands. On the other hand there shouldn’t be an uproar if the actress they cast is an Indigenous woman of Mexican/Guatemalan/Peruvian descent. She’ll likely be a Mestizo Latina though (Twitter won’t complain if she’s Brown tho).

Anyway I like Yara! The more Native American characters at DC the better (Dawnstar, Jessica Cruz, Jaime Reyes, Arak, Black Condor...have some company now).

Edit: Juliana Xavier is a rumored name for the role
    Last edited by Samm; 11-26-2020 at 04:46 PM.

Yara is giving me Illyana Rasputin vibes so far, which is cool. I hope she's as likable.