25 44.64%
  • Reboot

7 12.50%
  • Continue as normal

15 26.79%
  • Other (specify)

9 16.07%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I'd like what one of the current rumors are, to continue forward but continuity itself isn't really a thing and all individual titles can tell stories/arcs dependent really on only themselves.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    While I completely agree with this statement personally, the numbers disagree unfortunately. Events and their related tie-ins continue to result in the highest selling books, year in and year out. No matter how overhyped and mediocre they are *coughdeathmetalcough*
    Yeah I know it's naïve and the numbers back that up. It's unfortunate though, because most of them are either just mediocre or painfully stupid.

Even one I'm enjoying, X of Swords, doesn't seem like it needed to be a crossover and may have been better not being one. I've really only read the Creation and Stasis one shots and don't feel like I missed out on anything too important between them,

I want a well thought out universe. In the late 80s through the early 2000s, DC was easy to read and it was, for the most part, a well oiled machine. If criminal A died in a book, there would have to be an explanation of how he/she appeared in another title three months later. I want it to make frickin sense. It isn’t hard. There’s nothing wrong with slight tweaks, but I just want the laziness to stop.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Superfly Frankenstein View Post
    I want a well thought out universe. In the late 80s through the early 2000s, DC was easy to read and it was, for the most part, a well oiled machine. If criminal A died in a book, there would have to be an explanation of how he/she appeared in another title three months later. I want it to make frickin sense. It isn’t hard. There’s nothing wrong with slight tweaks, but I just want the laziness to stop.
    Sorry. DC does not do "well thought out" anything.

Astonishing Member

I'm vague about how far a Relaunch can go before it becomes a Reboot. Anyway, what I would like most is for DC to un-cancel the Spurrier Hellblazer. Next, I would like an actual Lois Lane miniseries, to make up for the Rucka one in which the eponymous character played a supporting role to the Question. I would also like DC to try to repair some of the damage that they have done to the character of Doctor Fate in recent years. I miss Kent and Inza.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yeah I know it's naïve and the numbers back that up. It's unfortunate though, because most of them are either just mediocre or painfully stupid.

Even one I'm enjoying, X of Swords, doesn't seem like it needed to be a crossover and may have been better not being one. I've really only read the Creation and Stasis one shots and don't feel like I missed out on anything too important between them,
    I've heard a lot of...mixed feelings about X of Swords.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Hasn't that been, like, 20 something issues? Seems like a chore.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Hasn't that been, like, 20 something issues? Seems like a chore.
    Seems to be finishing strong based on some of the reactions on the X-boards, if overly long/padded.

I'm annoyed we apparently won't be getting a trade with just Hickman's X-Men issues + Creation, Stasis and Destruction as those are the only ones I care to read.

I've been an avid reader of the entire XOS saga, and generally I have so much good will toward what Hickman has done with the X world that I've probably forgiven a lot of the gaffs that other fans rightfully highlight.

Having said that, I don't know. I'm a bit behind in my reading due to my subscription settings, but it took 15 books to get to the first sword fight, and when it did ... well. I can't help but feel like, despite a few bad reads, the meticulous set-up is now being blown by some seriously oddball narrative choices. Still, I have faith in Hickman and I like a good cerebral story so I'm hoping for some insane developments at the latest stage of the game.

More topically, for DC? It's hard to say. I wanted to see the DCU we would have had right out of Doomsday Clock. We're getting shades of it, but things seem totally amess and the Corporate crap happening doesn't bode well. I've read all of those threads and it's stressful to see what's going on. As a dedicated fan of C and B list characters, I feel like what I want to see most is what we'll see the least of. Meanwhile, characters I'd like to see vanish like Superboy Prime keep shoe horning themselves into the proceedings. I love DC, always will, and I have hope, but my expectations are low as she goes right now.

Side note, as a die hard metal head and metal musician, Death Metal is frustrating. Great DC references, but how about some actual death metal? I almost laughed myself out of my chair when I saw that Rise Against is being featured on some kind of "sound track" for it. If that's death metal, ABBA is Swedish 2nd wave black metal.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Seems to be finishing strong based on some of the reactions on the X-boards, if overly long/padded.

I'm annoyed we apparently won't be getting a trade with just Hickman's X-Men issues + Creation, Stasis and Destruction as those are the only ones I care to read.
    That event doesn't make sense without at least the Excalibur issues.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

I'd join the crowd of posters who want more Si Spurrier Hellblazer.

Maybe a Revolutionaries series?

Other than that I'm pretty good and I rather wait till Future State finishes to see what I want to happen next.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-25-2020 at 05:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    hopefully completing the integration of pre-Flashpoint elements into the current canon so we can once and for all put to rest this era of blockbuster revision stories and events.

I also REALLY hope that we'll see less old names in this new era of stories; more fresh creators coming out of Future State taking over main continuity titles.
    That's what I'd prefer.
    Basically un-reboot back to pre Flashpoint, integrating the new elements that have worked, like Jon Kent.

Incredible Member Captain Britain of Earth 20's Avatar

Since Wildstorm looks like it's getting integrated back in the regular DCU DO IT RIGHT! Grayson was a great example yet Stormwatch should have been what was originally (a UN response team) which might have made DC & Wildstorm fans happy. DC has to realize that Superman Wonder Woman and Batman are not the only characters in the DCU.
    Be yourself everyone is taken !! I'm an X-Man trapped in the DC omniverse

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

I want Roy Harper back! DC to give the JSA & Wildstorm a better chance than what they have in the past
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

this feels petty given the comment above me (andi don't mean to) but I want to see the end to frivolous resurrections and for deaths to be permanent more regularly. seeing them in the afterlife, coming back as a ghost, dopplegangers from other earths, or simply setting a story before their death or out of Prime Earth continuity; there are so many ways around death in this medium that don't negate the impact of grieving a fallen hero (possibly even your favorite heroes). I hated Godspeed's death but I'm not entirely happy they undid it either, especially with how flippant it was done and undone.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."