• Reboot

7 12.50%
  • Continue as normal

15 26.79%
  • Other (specify)

9 16.07%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default What do you want to happen after Future State?

What are your opinions for what DC should do after Future state? should they relaunch, reboot or continue as normal?

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Yara and the disabled speedster sticking around... oh that's not what you're asking
    Well we know they're not gonna bother with fixing any timeline and just gonna continue with the chaos on that point
    I want a Relaunch personally because I always give a chance with each new Relaunch up until things get annoying and I can't get immersed anymore, but at this point, I'm ready to just Pick The Story By The Writer, since that seems to be what they're going for

May I offer something to the whole omniverse/multiverse idea of continuity, that being what I would consider a buffet plan. They should release books, both physical and digital, on every book should be a little flag or banner that designates the earth the series is on. You want Freedom Fighters, that’s earth 10, Calvin Ellis earth-23, and just designate a new world to the Future State characters.

That way a large group of books you can designate as prime which will let people know that is main continuity and anything else is an Elseworld and if they like a specific elseworld story all they need to do is find the books with that earth designation on it.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

I do not know what I want to happen.

I think I have abandoned all hope for DC comics.

Extraordinary Member Restingvoice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    May I offer something to the whole omniverse/multiverse idea of continuity, that being what I would consider a buffet plan. They should release books, both physical and digital, on every book should be a little flag or banner that designates the earth the series is on. You want Freedom Fighters, that’s earth 10, Calvin Ellis earth-23, and just designate a new world to the Future State characters.

That way a large group of books you can designate as prime which will let people know that is main continuity and anything else is an Elseworld and if they like a specific elseworld story all they need to do is find the books with that earth designation on it.
    That's what I wanted ever since they published Multiversity and they did that with every Earth! Why do they never do that for every book!

Mighty Member

I think things will just continue as normal.
    Then again, I'm not as clued into DC as most People, so I don't know for sure.

What DC need to do is sort themselves out, they need a group of People to go 'this is what we're doing, this is where DC is at and this is what we hope to do in the next 5 years'

All I know is, I'm probably going to continue with Green Lantern after Morrison. If Bendis gets a Batman ongoing, I'll sure as hell read that and maybe if Green Arrow relaunches, I'll check that out.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post

Yes, please.

I'm honestly at the point where most of the stories I favor are either Elseworlds or may as well be when they haven't been entirely retconned as not having happened at all. So having the possibility to read more about the versions I love of characters I usually can't stand would be great.

Special mention for a New 52 Earth which starts with Superbro not dying of Space Cancer and not joined by the hips to Lois Lane, please.

Good stories with characters I like.

Throw some attention to B-List fan-fav characters sitting in limbo.

NO big Crisis type storylines that try to "fix" continuity. DC obviously can't do it properly.

Amazing Member

Full return to pre-Flashpoint timeline but that isn't going to happen.

I want the JSA (and all related characters) back in existence, and hopefully still able to interact with main universe characters so we don't lose the Hal and Alan dynamic or especially Ray and Carter's friendship.

I don't want the line being reduced to just Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman and everyone else is forced into being supporting characters to them, but if it did happen I would want every single character I like to be in the Superman and Wonder Woman series, barred from ever appearing in Batman. Unfortunately I feel like we're going to end up with a massively reduced line with even characters like Aquaman being in limbo for long periods.

Maybe some good books so I can read DC Comics regularly again
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

hopefully completing the integration of pre-Flashpoint elements into the current canon so we can once and for all put to rest this era of blockbuster revision stories and events.

I also REALLY hope that we'll see less old names in this new era of stories; more fresh creators coming out of Future State taking over main continuity titles.
    Last edited by lemonpeace; 11-23-2020 at 08:46 PM.
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

Relaunch.
    Lose the doom, gloom and angst that swept over DC more than two decades ago and reinstall the fun.
    Give your characters a chance to shine. Take a swing at some out of the box characters!

A Global Guardians mini series!
    A JSA title.
    Explore the DCU universe outside of the GLC. It's a big old universe, let's see more of it than we have over the last 20 years.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Just good comics that are able to use all the toys in the toy box for once without certain ones being deemed off-limits because of whatever transitory continuity editorial is stupidly trying to impose.

Just let good creators tell good stories and let the fans sort out how it all fits together.

Mighty Member

I think it's time for that next great Animal Man series.

Ongoings or some kind of regular presence for the JSA, the Teen Titans, Green Arrow, Young Justice, The Question, Black Canary, Deathstroke, Martian Manhunter, Jessica Cruz, Batwoman, Supergirl, and Swamp Thing.

A second "season" of Spurrier and Campbell on Hellblazer.

Projects from Francis Manapul, Sam Humphries, Si Spurrier, Robert Venditti, Mark Waid, Jody Houser, Kelly Sue DeConnick, Steve Lieber, and Christopher Priest.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.