• Reboot

7 12.50%
  • Continue as normal

15 26.79%
  • Other (specify)

9 16.07%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Quote Originally Posted by seismic-2 View Post
    I'm vague about how far a Relaunch can go before it becomes a Reboot. Anyway, what I would like most is for DC to un-cancel the Spurrier Hellblazer. Next, I would like an actual Lois Lane miniseries, to make up for the Rucka one in which the eponymous character played a supporting role to the Question. I would also like DC to try to repair some of the damage that they have done to the character of Doctor Fate in recent years. I miss Kent and Inza.
    I don't understand how LL was a support character in that book. At what point did things shift?

BANNED

Reboot please/s.

I just want the black characters shown and created in Future State to continue to get attention by leading a book or being a mainstay on a team, so if a reboot, relaunch, or continuing as normal gets me that I will root for whatever.
    Last edited by kurenai24; 11-30-2020 at 10:42 AM.
    My priority is black female characters; everything else is secondary.

~~

Marvel: Miles Morales, Riri Williams, Ororo Munroe, Thor, Quentin Quire.
    DC Comics: Vixen, Batman, Bat Family, John Stewart, Roy Harper, Tempest, Poison Ivy, Raven.
    Comics: Y: The Last Man, Justice League America (2009), Ultimate Comics: All New Spider-Man (2011)
    Ships: Thororo/ThunderStorm, Vixen/hasn't been created, Jason Todd/Kathy Duquesne.

~~

Icon/Avatar by LoneNecromancer

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    That's what I'd prefer.
    Basically un-reboot back to pre Flashpoint, integrating the new elements that have worked, like Jon Kent.
    Yeah, that best describes my wishes. JSA and all related character back to where they were prior to Flashpoint, LEGION/REBELS back, Dox back as an anti hero of sorts. Power Girl getting another solo, a Kent Dr. Fate series. Alan Scott back to what he was, Ted Grant back. A Doc Midnite mini, (his first was great). Many fewer events. Mix with the best current stuff. And let that cook for a decade or so before doing anything else line wide.

I also want an "un-reboot". Have most of Pre-Flashpoint happen, mix it with some Pre-Crisis elements (JSA and All-Star Squadron, some of Pre-Crisis Supes, WW as a JL founder etc) and sprinkle it with the few stuff that worked from the last decade (Jessica Cruz, Jon Kent, Rucka's Batwoman etc).

BUT (and this is important), don't go into specifics. There should be a basic timeline detailing crucial events so readers aren't completely lost like they are now, but stories should never again focus heavily on explaining DC's contrived continuity.
    History should be used to inform where a character is now to the creative team and older fans, but new readers shouldn't need to know that Superman died and came back in the '90s unless it's essential to the new story being told.
    All the new books should feel like fresh starts. Yes, there'd be baggage, but stories should be accessible enough to properly introduce all relevant elements, whether they're old or new.

I want the line to be composed of self-contained books that respect history while telling new stories. And when I say self-cointained I mean that one doesn't need to pick 5 other titles to understand the book they actually want to read. Think Robinson's Starman. A mostly self-contained book that wasn't afraid to go new places and was hugely influential without needing to crossover with other books every 4 months.
    This may seem less financially attractive, but when you consider that some of the highest selling GNs and digital books are self-contained, it begins to make sense that DC's main line should become more attractive to those new markets too.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Yeah, that best describes my wishes. JSA and all related character back to where they were prior to Flashpoint, LEGION/REBELS back, Dox back as an anti hero of sorts. Power Girl getting another solo, a Kent Dr. Fate series. Alan Scott back to what he was, Ted Grant back. A Doc Midnite mini, (his first was great). Many fewer events. Mix with the best current stuff. And let that cook for a decade or so before doing anything else line wide.
    From the appearance in Doomsday Clock and now on the Stargirl tv show, it looks like Beth Chapel is the only current Dr Mid-nite.