Extraordinary Member

Default Things you discover that you never did before in a film or tv series

I was watching The Wizard of Oz last night for about the 100th time in my life. I discovered something I had never realized before.

In the cyclone scene, the window panes of Dorothy's bedroom are blown out and one of the panes hits her in the head and knocks her out.

When she awakens, the windows are bare and she begins to see all of the people and things that are swept up into the cyclone, including Mrs. Gulch who turns into the witch.

BUT, what I have never noticed before is that when the house finally lands, the window panes and curtains are miraculously back in the window area so that Dorothy cannot see outside.

Have you ever seen a movie or tv show for years and then realized something that you never noticed before?

Extraordinary Member

Watched the opening of Babylon A.D many times. For some reason I thought Vin Diesel was cooking a monkey. But just recently watched it and realized it was a rabbit. Or maybe it was a monkey at first -Mandela effect.

Watching fresh Prince reunion show. I never noticed that during the first season Will was mouthing everyone else's lines. Now I can't unsee it.

Also never noticed Chadwick Boseman did guest spots on every major TV show before he became famous. The most recent one I rediscovered him on was Justified. He played a Gangsta drug dealer named Flex who wanted to be a magician..

TV shows like "Arrested Development" or "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt" were created for the binging culture, where there are tons of jokes you might not notice first time around.

One thing that I watched for years and never noticed until fairly recently (and only because someone told me) is that in the opening of "Bob's Burgers", when the pest-control van comes in (and it's a different one each time, so I'm always trying to read the truck), you can see Jimmy Pesto's reflection in the van window giving Bob the stink-eye.

I never ever noticed until recently that when Forrest Gump spontaneously decided to just start famously running across the country, he never bothered to close his front door. Ooops.

In "Game of Thrones" I never noticed that Dany was an insane homicidal maniac and slaughterer of innocents ....how silly of me.

Boisterously Confused

As a child, watching Batman ('66) reruns, I noticed how everything Batman or his enemies owned had a label. However, I didn't realize just how saturated the sets were with it until I caught one as an adult a few years ago.

Incredible Member

This I discovered years ago but on Three's Company I always noticed how the lighting in the apartment for the last two seasons seemed more brighter less fuzzy and different than past seasons until I realized those last two seasons were filmed in another studio lot.

These are pretty cool!
    I especially like the Bob’s Burgers one, I gotta check that next time.

This morning a random ep. of FRIENDS was on when I came in from walking my hounds. Phoebe was playing on the street cuz she was replaced at Central Petk. She’s telling Rachel she got X amount of change and a condom in her guitar case. A minute later a kid walks up and asks for the condom back, then runs off all happy when he gets it.
    I checked and it was S2 ep6.

Phoebe would meet the same kid again for the “first” time in the same season, ep21.
    It was her brother Frank, played by Giovani Ribisi.

I didn't realize years ago til I re-watched Rocky IV that the Russian "Dolph Lundgren" killed Apollo.
    The realization made me more aware of how angered Rocky was about his death, I had thought the Russian just wounded Apollo years ago.

Extraordinary Member Derek Metaltron's Avatar

Bit of a while back when I spotted it but in the episode of Next Generation where Picard goes to Romulus to find Spock and rescue him there’s a bit in an office where there’s a strange glass ornament on the desk and as the rescue team is leaving you can actually see the camera crew in the reflection of the glass.