Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Default Something is Killing the Children

I can’t believe I haven’t seen a thread on this anywhere. This book is pretty huge atm. I’m sure I read it’s seeing sales increases that only compare to that of The Walking Dead when it first started.

Great book. Anyone else reading this?

I posted a thread about it a while ago but it didn't attract a lot of views.

It's one of the first few horror comics I started reading. I'd recommend it for people who aren't big horror fans.

Sidenote- Erica reminds me of what the wishverse version of Buffy so I'm hoping the Buffy solo steps up its game if they ever revisit her.

Last's week feels like the beginning of the end for Archer's Peak. Whatever happens next i feel like we would move to a new location.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Yeah it certainly doesn’t look good for the town. Not sure how long they plan on making this series but if they plan to keep it going for a long time it certainly can’t stay in this town. But then I wouldn’t be surprised for a few curveballs that give us reason to stay where we are.

Astonishing Member

I suppose there really isn't much to discuss about it - it's really suspenseful and well done in the story and art, so what more is there to say? I look forward to each new issue, which is of course the whole point of a comics series. I just hope it doesn't devolve into some trivial moral argument about "Which are the worse monsters - the kid-eating spiders of the St. George people who don't care about collateral damage?". I doubt that it will, though, other than to point out that it's an obvious question which will probably drive the story for the next few issues.

Lots of hype surrounding these 2 books. Happy to have some good horror books to look forward to. Hopefully, a HC collection to follow.

Mighty Member

Not read Something is killing the children, but i'll certainly pick up House of Slaughter.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    Not read Something is killing the children, but i'll certainly pick up House of Slaughter.
    We shall have to see whether it works as purely a stand-alone or whether it assumes you already have some basic knowledge about the whole monster-killing concept from the original series. The back story is pretty simple, though, so it shouldn't be hard to figure out.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    A good jumping-on point would be issue #16, since it starts the current story arc that is continued in the spin-off series. Beginning with #16 we see how Erica Slaughter, the hero of the first 15 issues, became a member of the Order of St. George when she was a child. Seeing how children are inducted into the order, the order's structure into "houses", and the duties of the different classes ("masks") of adult members, will probably be all that you need to know for the new series.