Default X-men Monday 85

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/11/23/x-...words-week-10/

Announcement comming later this week.

Speculation new book, summer x event, logan is revealed as a sailor scout

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Announcement comming later this week.

Speculation new book, summer x event, logan is revealed as a sailor scout
    Judging by the last "big announcement later this week" it might be an old popular story/event being re-released as collected book again with some extra stuff.

If i had to make a complete wild speculation for something that totaly won't happen though, a mini series staring Cecilia Reyes, Maggot and Marrow on a road trip through Central America, dealing with Cecilia trying to overcome her trauma from having died recently, while they are chasing a murderous mutant mummy of an old aztek king.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

AIPT: OK, this next one’s an actual X-Fan question. Rakurai wanted to know if the kitten was really killed or if Captain Avalon surrendered to spare its life.

Jordan: OK, let me look at the outcome we wrote down because I don’t want to make a mistake here. Oh yeah. Also, this makes me remember that it was a lot of fun to come up with the names for all of these battles. That was a good time. That was me and me and Gerry on a call going, “What should we call this one? Uh, ‘a Contest of Cups.'” So the fact that we just called it “Kitten Killing” is pretty amazing. Arakko won, so I’m going to say he probably did not kill the kitten, but that probably means a kitten was killed. I’m sorry, blame War. It’s all on War.

AIPT: The second part of Rakurai’s question was can the kitten be resurrected?

Jordan: Is the kitten a mutant? And also it wouldn’t be the same kitten because it died in Otherworld.

AIPT: This is a real tragedy.

Jordan: Yeah, it’s a real tragedy. That was basically a permanent death.

AIPT: Death is final for Uncle Ben and this kitten.

Jordan: Yeah, I think so, I think so. Unless we get a Winter Kitten kind of situation here.
    Pfft.
    100char
    "Cable was right!"

From Philly but currently living iin San Francisco.

So not one person asked about the pacing of the second half of the event? No questions about why this event was called X of Swords instead of X-Games? ��

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Pfft.
    100char
    Hey, I really wanted to know . That Kitten was cute, hope it's having fun with uncle Ben.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by saahir View Post
    So not one person asked about the pacing of the second half of the event? No questions about why this event was called X of Swords instead of X-Games? ��
    Its a reffrence to the 10 of sword tarot,

And covid cause xof swords to be a breather so they could get the rest of the xline in order because they still soley use Dimond

Quote Originally Posted by saahir View Post
    Such questions are not allowed. Only questions how much you love new books or nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Judging by the last "big announcement later this week" it might be an old popular story/event being re-released as collected book again with some extra stuff.

If i had to make a complete wild speculation for something that totaly won't happen though, a mini series staring Cecilia Reyes, Maggot and Marrow on a road trip through Central America, dealing with Cecilia trying to overcome her trauma from having died recently, while they are chasing a murderous mutant mummy of an old aztek king.
    I would absolutely buy that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    logan is revealed as a sailor scout
    Sailor Uranus.
    Last edited by nx01a; 11-23-2020 at 03:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Apocalypse ripping [Genesis?] apart reminds me of AoA Magneto ripping AoA Apocaylpse apart.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

I know it doesn’t fall under Jordan’s jurisdiction, but I’m surprised nothing was brought up about Franklin Richards...

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

double posted for misery.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 11-23-2020 at 04:47 PM.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post

Apocalypse ripping [Genesis?] apart reminds me of AoA Magneto ripping AoA Apocaylpse apart.
    Does make you think, with what we know about Okkara and Apocalypse... Age of Apocalypse was just a deviation off of one event in the 616 where Professor X died, what the Hell was Apocalypse's plan to rescue Arakko in this timeline? With the Celestial stuff, you can rationalize it as Apocalypse trying to become a God to easily save Arakko (which kind of works with some of his dialogue during the fight on the Moon pre-Muir Island Saga)... but with this? He was insane during this event and wanted to release doomsday weapons. Maybe he was desperate and hoping that unleashing such chaos would create the strong mutants he needed to defeat Amenth with?

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

JDW's "tone" reminds me of the writers and editors who were patting themselves on their backs and waxing poetic about how proud the were and how "awesome" and "grand" AvX was.

*big long watery ssssssstttteeeeeeuuuuuuuuuppppppppssssssss*
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

All-New Member

So Solem isn't with the team...