Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Why didn't you just show me this clip when I asked you to sell me on GL:TAS? Sold! SOLD!
    It's so, so awesome, particularly once the early handful of episode have done building up the cast and status quo. Everything after that only gets better and better.

And, don't worry, it has an actual ending and a very touching epilogue in Justice League Action to boot.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    At the end of the day, I do consider Hal to be the greatest GL. However, it was Geoff Johns that somewhat diminished Hal in my eyes.

Geoff rained on Hal's parade with the emphasis on Sinestro & Batman.

Part of what makes Hal great is his various relationships with other heroes.

2005 Rebirth: Kyle (who really did not know him), John (whose ex chopped his wife up), Guy (who did not like him), honorable shoutout to Kilowog, and Oliver were all ride or die for Hal when so many doubted him, especially Batman.

But deep down.....

By the end of the Geoff's run.....

Does Hal suffer from some case of Stockholm's syndrome for the man who ruined his life?

I also gotta mention the PIS regarding the POW story.

Sorry, Frontier.....I could not stop myself from this age-old rant.

I tried...I really did....
    I know we go over this all the time but I don't feel like Hal and Sinestro's deeper relationship in the Johns run turned Hal into some kind of Sinestro fanboy and it arguably helped make Sinestro a more compelling and memorable antagonist than he ever had been before.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthony Shaw View Post
    Hal should be the polar opposite of Batman & Sinestro. Geoff ignored Hal's previous relationships for forced ones.

At best, Hal & Bruce should keep it professional. Sinestro is a dirty cop, and cruelly arranged the death of Kyle's mom. Kyle was the one who proved Hal was corrupted by Parallax to begin with. So, it looks bad for Hal to have conflicted feelings for the dirty cop who had a Hitler haircut. The only conflict Hal should have is whether to give Sinestro a left, or right cross. It makes no sense that Geoff wrote Hal wanting to personally be around fear mongers. Kyle lost a lot looking after Hal.

So, when Carol hooked up with Kyle, I was not even mad. Plus, it is also funny that Kyle had a relationship with Sinestro's daughter.

Comics can be so weird.
    I think that's ignoring that within the concept of Hal and Sinestro's relationship at the beginning, as established by Johns, Sinestro wasn't as corrupt as he ended up becoming because of his own hubris. So Hal didn't realize it until they had genuinely become friends, and he took Sinestro down when he realized it, and it never stopped him from getting in the way of Sinestro's evil.
    Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Well, Barry Allen's biggest fanboy turned into his greatest villain...Diana's first female friend on Man's World became Cheetah...this stuff happens.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Fixed....approved.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I know we go over this all the time but I don't feel like Hal and Sinestro's deeper relationship in the Johns run turned Hal into some kind of Sinestro fanboy and it arguably helped make Sinestro a more compelling and memorable antagonist than he ever had been before.

I think that's ignoring that within the concept of Hal and Sinestro's relationship at the beginning, as established by Johns, Sinestro wasn't as corrupt as he ended up becoming because of his own hubris. So Hal didn't realize it until they had genuinely become friends, and he took Sinestro down when he realized it, and it never stopped him from getting in the way of Sinestro's evil.

Well, Barry Allen's biggest fanboy turned into his greatest villain...Diana's first female friend on Man's World became Cheetah...this stuff happens.
    I honestly think Geoff is a Sinestro fanboy, and used Hal to boost him.
    Last edited by Anthony Shaw; 12-08-2020 at 08:15 PM.