Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Primer vs

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Actually it's not really the colors in the paints that give the powers. The colors are mostly there to identify what each liquid does. They were made using genetic samples from some of DC's most powerful superheroes. Even without the pigment, it is possible that they would still work as designed.
    So are her powers finite? Like once a given liquid runs out, is that it for that?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    So are her powers finite? Like once a given liquid runs out, is that it for that?
    The liquids regenerate within their storage containers. I would assume that at least a little bit of the liquids need to be left behind in the container in order for it to regenerate. Also, it takes time fro each liquid to regenerate. How much time I'm not sure. A few hours maybe.

Apparently, as long as the paint is still on her skin she has the power associated with it. When she washes or wipes it off, the power goes away.

That leaves her potentially vulnerable to anyone who can get her wet enough to wash off the body paint.
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

*ponders* does the series ever explore the idea of her tattooing herself with the liquids?

Quote Originally Posted by Pendaran View Post
    *ponders* does the series ever explore the idea of her tattooing herself with the liquids?
    It's not a series yet, this was just published recently and I don't know if it is a one shot or if DC will green light more of these books.

The problem with tattooing is that it would fix her with only three of the 33 powers. Using more than three short circuits the powers. With body paint, she can apply whichever ones, in whichever combinations, she wants then wipe them off and start all over again.

Also, no one else can use the paints (well one other, but that would be giving something of the story away).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Depending on how powerful she is, Power Nullification/Telekinesis/Force Fields would be all she needs. She'd be set to take out anyone who could be affected by Power Nullification, Telekinesis and Force Fields would handle any non-powered people who weren't tech'ed up past her own power level, and Force Fields covers her from getting the paint washed off.

Alternately, take out Telekinesis for Mind Control, and that helps her against Tech-people/unpowered people while still granting her the protection of Force Fields.

As Shai-Hulud notes, all of this is dependent on how powerful she actually is, feat-wise.
    That preview showed her catching a plane and landing it on a runway. She picked Strength, Invulnerability, and Fire. That's not a bad starter on feats. Especially when she uses Fire to straighten the plane away from the river and move it to the airport.

I would want to see more (how good is superspeed), but I would move her past CBPH for certain.

As for fights, high-end, Her against Beast Boy or Wonder Girl would be interesting. Low-end, She wants no part of any WaterBender. No sonic protection so Bat-Girl (Cassandra) is a bad matchup.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Actually it's not really the colors in the paints that give the powers. The colors are mostly there to identify what each liquid does. They were made using genetic samples from some of DC's most powerful superheroes. Even without the pigment, it is possible that they would still work as designed.
    So it's the paints that are magical, not her. So if anyone else stole her paint they could get super powers too?
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    So it's the paints that are magical, not her. So if anyone else stole her paint they could get super powers too?
    It's science, not magic and no, no one else can use them. When Ashley found the paints, there was a spray canister along with them. She sprayed herself by accident and inhaled whatever was in it. That 'Primed' her body to use the body paints that were created from the DNA of people with superpowers. The canister was a one-shot, and the knowledge of how to recreate it was destroyed earlier in the story.

There is one other that had used a second 'Primer', but I don't want to give away too much.

Without the primer spray, no one else can use the paints.

BANNED

The worse that could happen is that she'd get the liquids confused with each other and end up guessing which one does what.
    Ken: *casually flicks a tiny pebble which bounces off the ground and hits Primer's ankle*

Primer: "Hey WTF...are you going to beat me with a sto...OH, CRAP I CAN'T SEE! I CAN'T FEEL ANYTHING EITHER~"

Ken: That stone hit the *insert pressure point here* which stopped the blood flow to your optic nerves and certain parts of your brain.

Primer: OH, SH!T...

Ken: "Hokuto Shin Ken has a 1800 year history. This fight...is already over."

That said, I think a GREAT end-season villain for Primer would be either old school Skeletor or The Nothing from Neverending Story.
    Last edited by T51R; 11-25-2020 at 06:49 AM.

Someone with super luck like Longshot or Domino could win due to them being lucky enough for Primer to accidently spill all of her paints on herself while preparing. More than 3 colors means she'll be powerless and even if she washed all the paints off there won't be enough time for the containers to regenerate their contents before it's time for the match.

Which turns fight into a super lucky person who's combat trained vs an unpowered and untrained teenage girl.
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member