Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Primer vs

Default Primer vs

I just finished reading this TPB

About a teenager who gains superpowers through different colored paints.

She has up to 33 different superpowers to choose from

Primers-Powers.jpg

But can only use 3 at a time. Also the paints wash off with water.

Based on the powers listed above, and assuming she has enough prep info and time to decide which three colors to use ....

1. Who might be the strongest characters she can take out?
    2. Who might be the weakest characters that can take her out?

Here is some additional information and a preview
    Original join date: 11/23/2004
    Eclectic Connoisseur of all things written, drawn, or imaginatively created.

Super-strength, super-speed and invulnerability ... but at what level?

Those powers could be possessed at Pre-Crisis Superman levels or at class one/mach one level.

Extraordinary Member

If I had a nickel for every teenage girl with paint based super powers, I'd have two nickels. Which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Depending on how powerful she is, Power Nullification/Telekinesis/Force Fields would be all she needs. She'd be set to take out anyone who could be affected by Power Nullification, Telekinesis and Force Fields would handle any non-powered people who weren't tech'ed up past her own power level, and Force Fields covers her from getting the paint washed off.

Alternately, take out Telekinesis for Mind Control, and that helps her against Tech-people/unpowered people while still granting her the protection of Force Fields.

As Shai-Hulud notes, all of this is dependent on how powerful she actually is, feat-wise.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jcogginsa View Post
    If I had a nickel for every teenage girl with paint based super powers, I'd have two nickels. Which isn't a lot, but it's weird that it happened twice
    I got that reference!

Although you aren't counting the entire Inkling female population.
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Do her Duplicates share her powers or can they use different powers to give themselves different combinations?

Beyond that Invulnerability + Regeneration + Mind Control seems like a pretty potent combo, depending on levels as others have queried.

Art looks nice though, is the book any good?

BANNED

She's screwed if she messes with either Ah Gou or Tian from Feng Shen Ji.

The moment they start spamming Divine Power: Monochrome, all colours go away.

Also, any Hokuto master.

"Why are my powers malfunctioning!?"

"They're not. Heaven Breaking Impalement: TENHA KASSATSU! I struck a pressure point that changes the blood flow to your eyes. You can't tell which colour is which anymore..."
    Last edited by T51R; 11-24-2020 at 09:39 AM.

Leaves her with White, Black, and Grey.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Leaves her with White, Black, and Grey.
    As described.

"This power suppresses and counters any sort of offensive force. Under this power, every living thing will lose its color and radiance, signifying the withering of vitality"

It basically negates every attack, and starts killing the opponent(slow, they start dying. Fast, like when using White/Dark Wall, the opponent literally begins falling to bits) Only ways I can think of to get past it are to not be alive i.e. Gally, Data, have phasing attacks i.e. Muso Tensei, be in possession of Gae Bolg(I think ? The space-stabbing spear.) OR, be able to muck around with reality i.e. Yuki Nagato.

OR just overwhelm it with Dragon Slaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Do her Duplicates share her powers or can they use different powers to give themselves different combinations?

Beyond that Invulnerability + Regeneration + Mind Control seems like a pretty potent combo, depending on levels as others have queried.

Art looks nice though, is the book any good?
    I enjoyed it very much. It's aimed at a younger audience, but it was funny and well written and yes I liked the art work too.

I'm hoping that this was just the first intro to Primer and that we might see more of her. I'm not sure if she can duplicate herself with one color then use different colors on her duplicates.
    Last edited by Tami; 11-24-2020 at 10:13 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    I got that reference!
    Really? Someone else hear reads Summus Proelium?

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    As described.

"This power suppresses and counters any sort of offensive force. Under this power, every living thing will lose its color and radiance, signifying the withering of vitality"

It basically negates every attack, and starts killing the opponent(slow, they start dying. Fast, like when using White/Dark Wall, the opponent literally begins falling to bits) Only ways I can think of to get past it are to not be alive i.e. Gally, Data, have phasing attacks i.e. Muso Tensei, be in possession of Gae Bolg(I think ? The space-stabbing spear.) OR, be able to muck around with reality i.e. Yuki Nagato.

OR just overwhelm it with Dragon Slaves.
    I mean, that's fine. If it's suppressing powers, it's suppressing powers.

But it still leaves Black, White, and Grey (granted, it may SUPPRESS those POWERS, but it is not removing them because it has nulled their 'colour', or lack thereof). I've seen the art, and basically everything is rendered in shades of black and white.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    She's screwed if she messes with either Ah Gou or Tian from Feng Shen Ji.

The moment they start spamming Divine Power: Monochrome, all colours go away.

Also, any Hokuto master.

"Why are my powers malfunctioning!?"

"They're not. Heaven Breaking Impalement: TENHA KASSATSU! I struck a pressure point that changes the blood flow to your eyes. You can't tell which colour is which anymore..."
    Actually it's not really the colors in the paints that give the powers. The colors are mostly there to identify what each liquid does. They were made using genetic samples from some of DC's most powerful superheroes. Even without the pigment, it is possible that they would still work as designed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tami View Post
    Actually it's not really the colors in the paints that give the powers. The colors are mostly there to identify what each liquid does. They were made using genetic samples from some of DC's most powerful superheroes. Even without the pigment, it is possible that they would still work as designed.
    Then it's unimportant that Divine Power: Monochrome messes with colour and more about 'will it suppress her powers?'

Anyway...I think this thread is more about 'who are the strongest people she can take out' and 'who are the weakest people with whom she would have problems.' I strong doubt Ah Gou and Kenshiro fall into either of those categories. ^_^
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Then it's unimportant that Divine Power: Monochrome messes with colour and more about 'will it suppress her powers?'

Anyway...I think this thread is more about 'who are the strongest people she can take out' and 'who are the weakest people with whom she would have problems.' I strong doubt Ah Gou and Kenshiro fall into either of those categories. ^_^
    The worse that could happen is that she'd get the liquids confused with each other and end up guessing which one does what.