Default Dexter Morgan vs James Bond

Dexter Morgan vs Connery Bond, unarmed fight

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Between Connery's legit superhuman hitting power and speed (done using obvious 60's camera tricks, but... movies) this is Bond's fight to lose.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    Between Connery's legit superhuman hitting power and speed (done using obvious 60's camera tricks, but... movies) this is Bond's fight to lose.
    TBH, i wouldnt want to get into a fight with real life Connery when he was playing Bond in the 1960's. Michael Caine has an amusing anecdote that he and Connery were at a nightclub when a group of dudes started hassling them. Connery told Caine to hold his jacket and proceeded to thump the entire group of 5 while Caine sat there and watched.

I dont know if the story is true, but i feel as though it probably happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Muadib View Post
    TBH, i wouldnt want to get into a fight with real life Connery when he was playing Bond in the 1960's. Michael Caine has an amusing anecdote that he and Connery were at a nightclub when a group of dudes started hassling them. Connery told Caine to hold his jacket and proceeded to thump the entire group of 5 while Caine sat there and watched.

I think there was a similar legend around Roger Moore. Where he used to go out drinking with Charles Bronson, Richard Harris (I think) and a couple of others, he’d be really laid back and happy and they’d make jokes at his expense etc, but they were always a tiny bit wary and watchful, because he was hard as nails and they knew that if he got really angry he’d just one-punch knock one of them the f**k out. Cold. Because he’d done it.

Incredible Member

Not to mention Connery's superhuman trolling power, if we take Celebrity Jeopardy as canon.

Would Roger Moore Bond be a better fight?

Mighty Member

I think almost all James Bonds are too superhuman for Dexter.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    I think almost all James Bonds are too superhuman for Dexter.
    But definitely not all Bonds.
    unnamed.jpg
    The CBR Community Standards & Rules - Your Guide to Being a Member

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I think there was a similar legend around Roger Moore. Where he used to go out drinking with Charles Bronson, Richard Harris (I think) and a couple of others, he’d be really laid back and happy and they’d make jokes at his expense etc, but they were always a tiny bit wary and watchful, because he was hard as nails and they knew that if he got really angry he’d just one-punch knock one of them the f**k out. Cold. Because he’d done it.
    It's my head-canon now in any case. Plus, Bronson is a colossal douche, so the image of Moore OSKO'ing him and then making a self-deprecating joke is extremely attractive.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by The Watcher View Post
    But definitely not all Bonds.
    unnamed.jpg
    Well he was super humanly smart at least

I don't know if the story is true, but i feel as though it probably happened.
    Connery was in the British Navy which implies some basic self-defense training and he was also a professional bodybuilder albeit nowhere close to the Schwarzenegger level.

I don't know whether the story about beating five guys is true but the director of one of his Bond movies said Connery loved doing fight scenes and had no problem if he got hit by accident. He contrasted that with Roger Moore, who was more the average person in a situation like that and just wanted to get it over with.
    Power with Girl is better.