Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Squirrel Girl (Marvel) VS Pre-Crisis DC Gauntlet

From what I recall of Squirrel girl's feats, it has been shown she can take down even Galactus, if her squirrels make contact. That said, I don't believe she has much in the way of durability feats. In terms of speed, I think she was able to keep up with Spidey. And given her lack of appearance, I figure that's her bare minimum. Of course I figure she isnprobably faster.

Each fight takes place in the biggest park in New York marvel.

1) Batman
    2) Aquaman
    3) Saturngirl
    4) Matter Eater Lad
    5) Wonderwoman
    6) Karate Kid
    7) Darkseid

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

I don't believe her squirrels taking down Galactus makes any sense. Scans for context?

Edit: Yes, this is me basically calling BS on that kind of thing, also including her context-less 'defeat' of Thanos.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

SG is a humour character who defeats literally anyone off panel, and has pretty much no good feats on-panel.

Even things like Logan and Danny sparring, Logan beats Danny (already a joke), then SG proceeds to annihilate Logan, again, off panel.

She defeats Doctor Doom.

She defeats Thanos.

She holds off Galactus.

Buuuuuuut she panics completely and needs to be saved by Daredevil when some very defeatable mechs come hunting. Nobody who needs Matt to save them has any chance against the three people listed above.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    SG is a humour character who defeats literally anyone off panel, and has pretty much no good feats on-panel.

Even things like Logan and Danny sparring, Logan beats Danny (already a joke), then SG proceeds to annihilate Logan, again, off panel.

She defeats Doctor Doom.

She defeats Thanos.

She holds off Galactus.

Buuuuuuut she panics completely and needs to be saved by Daredevil when some very defeatable mechs come hunting. Nobody who needs Matt to save them has any chance against the three people listed above.
    SG is basically designed as a huge middle finger to anyone who debates "who would beat who". It's amusing and frustrating simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post

Setting aside the Danny losing to Logan silliness, at least in the defeat of Logan, we get some context. We know she's enhanced, a fair chunk past human. And we see that they're fighting hand to hand. I mean, the whole thing is obviously played for a joke, but still, there's more context there than elsewhere.

She defeats Doctor Doom.
    Her squirrels defeat a Doctor Doom whose armor is somehow vulnerable to...normal squirrels (it is not, in fact, vulnerable to normal squirrels). If this isn't a textbook example of SMvsFL on the part of the squirrels, I have no idea what is.

She defeats Thanos.
    This one is completely off-camera and we have no idea the context. Like, zero.

She holds off Galactus.
    She actually doesn't, if you're talking about Unbeatable Squirrel-Girl#4, wherein she basically talks Galactus down after realizing she can't do anything to stop him.

...it's also a Galactus written wildly out of character, as after he finds out Squirrel-Girl (supposedly) beat Thanos, he says 'Nice. What a tool.'*

Basically, her wins against superior opponents hinge on one of the following:

1. Happens off-camera with no context (Thanos);
    2. Requires massive PIS/SMvsFL (Doctor Doom's armor...that withstands hits from Ben Grimm...being taken apart by normal squirrels...???);
    3. Isn't actually a fight win (she talks down Galactus).

By Rumbles' rules, these are really nothings.

* I mean, I appreciate cosmics calling other characters 'tools' or 'dorks', but it not very Galactus.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 11-24-2020 at 11:42 AM.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Based on actual abilities as presented, I guess it's possible she might take out Batman (if she's beating up Logan because she's enhanced and somewhat skilled, it's not a terrible stretch to feel that she can do the same to a Bruce who has his face full of squirrels)? If Bruce doesn't just, you know, lead with a ton of knockout gas. Is she resistant to toxins?

She stops cold at Arthur, though, assuming PC Aquaman has stats in a similar range to Post-Crisis.
    Why are we here?

Quote Originally Posted by Muadib View Post
    SG is basically designed as a huge middle finger to anyone who debates "who would beat who". It's amusing and frustrating simultaneously.
    Fortunately, Rumbles has rules to deal with this situation.
    Why are we here?

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

She beat down Deadpool on panel as well. Knocked him out, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Based on actual abilities as presented, I guess it's possible she might take out Batman (if she's beating up Logan because she's enhanced and somewhat skilled, it's not a terrible stretch to feel that she can do the same to a Bruce who has his face full of squirrels)? If Bruce doesn't just, you know, lead with a ton of knockout gas. Is she resistant to toxins?

She stops cold at Arthur, though, assuming PC Aquaman has stats in a similar range to Post-Crisis.
    Does he have some sort of gadget to call on an army of bats to go after her squirrels?
    Saint Seiya Online:
    https://reborngn.com/?page=register&ref=408192
    ^-my referral

Mighty Member

Going with that speed gets Squirrel Girl speed blitzed by Aquaman, but i would like to know why Karate Kid is higher up than Wonder Woman, Matter Eater Lad, and arguably even Saturn Girl? I could see Val speed blitzing Saturn Girl if they are close enough, but in the moment Lad starts to eat it's over for him, and Wonder Woman outclasses him in everything but raw skill.
    Last edited by Rightoya; 11-25-2020 at 11:48 AM.

Setting aside the Danny losing to Logan silliness, at least in the defeat of Logan, we get some context. We know she's enhanced, a fair chunk past human. And we see that they're fighting hand to hand. I mean, the whole thing is obviously played for a joke, but still, there's more context there than elsewhere.

Her squirrels defeat a Doctor Doom whose armor is somehow vulnerable to...normal squirrels (it is not, in fact, vulnerable to normal squirrels). If this isn't a textbook example of SMvsFL on the part of the squirrels, I have no idea what is.

This one is completely off-camera and we have no idea the context. Like, zero.

She actually doesn't, if you're talking about Unbeatable Squirrel-Girl#4, wherein she basically talks Galactus down after realizing she can't do anything to stop him.

...it's also a Galactus written wildly out of character, as after he finds out Squirrel-Girl (supposedly) beat Thanos, he says 'Nice. What a tool.'*

Basically, her wins against superior opponents hinge on one of the following:

1. Happens off-camera with no context (Thanos);
    2. Requires massive PIS/SMvsFL (Doctor Doom's armor...that withstands hits from Ben Grimm...being taken apart by normal squirrels...???);
    3. Isn't actually a fight win (she talks down Galactus).

By Rumbles' rules, these are really nothings.

* I mean, I appreciate cosmics calling other characters 'tools' or 'dorks', but it not very Galactus.
    Maybe the squirrel call empowers the squirrels. I mean, if we ONLY every see the squirrels taking down things notmal squirrels couldn't, I think at some point we have to accept they cease to be normal squirrels once they're called.

I checked out a squirrel girl respect thread and she actually has some decent feats. Stuff like leaping over buildings to go through a city, smashing apart a robot, and tanking being kicked around by Frost giant.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post
    Maybe the squirrel call empowers the squirrels. I mean, if we ONLY every see the squirrels taking down things notmal squirrels couldn't, I think at some point we have to accept they cease to be normal squirrels once they're called.
    This is entirely conjecture and not really viable in a Rumbles context.

Quote Originally Posted by Rightoya View Post
    Going with that speed gets Squirrel Girl speed blitzed by Aquaman, but i would like to know why Karate Kid is higher up than Wonder Woman, Matter Eater Lad, and arguably even Saturn Girl? I could see Val speed blitzing Saturn Girl if they are close enough, but in the moment Lad starts to eat it's over for him, and Wonder Woman outclasses him in anything but raw skill.
    By Rumbles standards, Karate Kid basically murders ME Lad and Saturn Girl, and should beat Wonder Woman to boot.

Basically, Val's feats are utterly insane, even by the standards of massively superpowered people. By nothing but 'skill', he (literally) tears apart people who give Kryptonians a hard time, shatters stuff that Kryptonians cannot break, reacts to people moving massively faster-than-light and throws them (accurately...) into other star systems, 'dodges' speed-force death lightning after it has hit him (no idea how this works, but it did), 'Rolls with the hits' from people who lift mountains, etc.

We could go on and on and on, but that's what he does. Via skill. It's silly, really, but that's what it is. His 'skill' gives him the speed, hitting power, and so forth to hang with Kryptonian level people. Somewhat.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel-Studios Rep View Post

I checked out a squirrel girl respect thread and she actually has some decent feats. Stuff like leaping over buildings to go through a city, smashing apart a robot, and tanking being kicked around by Frost giant.
    I'm fine with Squirrel Girl herself being fairly enhanced. It's a thing with her. But her squirrels are not - there's no notation of them being enhanced, and certainly not to the point of being capable of tearing apart armor that has withstood hits from Ben Grimm.
    Last edited by Sharpandpointies; 11-25-2020 at 06:26 AM.
    Why are we here?

Mighty Member

By Rumbles standards, Karate Kid basically murders ME Lad and Saturn Girl, and should beat Wonder Woman to boot.

Basically, Val's feats are utterly insane, even by the standards of massively superpowered people. By nothing but 'skill', he (literally) tears apart people who give Kryptonians a hard time, shatters stuff that Kryptonians cannot break, reacts to people moving massively faster-than-light and throws them (accurately...) into other star systems, 'dodges' speed-force death lightning after it has hit him (no idea how this works, but it did), 'Rolls with the hits' from people who lift mountains, etc.

We could go on and on and on, but that's what he does. Via skill. It's silly, really, but that's what it is. His 'skill' gives him the speed, hitting power, and so forth to hang with Kryptonian level people. Somewhat.

I give you Saturn Girl and possibly Lad, but he is definitively not beating Pre Crisis Wonder Woman, regardless by what standards.

Wonder Woman hangs even without skill with Kryptonian level people, and it's just somewhat if we are talking about Pre Crisis Superman at his best, and with skill even more so, and Karate Kid is just crazy for what he is supposed to be but not so much by the standards of Pre Crisis heavy hitters.

Anyone and their mother was crazy back then, to the point Pre Crisis Wonder Woman could even literally let her invisible plane speed blitz Val:

Or swing the entire planet with Val on it into an Asteroid Field or something like that, at least if she is blood lusted enough:

And that are just 2 of many examples, her lasso had the effect to control others, she had astral shenanigans, and so much more, Wonder Woman having the idea of literally tornadoing through space by moving in circles to deal with Multiple Man was a not very crazy solution for a problem in Pre Crisis.

If we're talking PC Wonder Woman, not Post-Crisis...I'm not familiar with PC Wonder Woman to comment and tend not to think of her when I'm considering 'Wonder Woman'. Valid point and my mistake here, the thread is discussing PC characters.
    Why are we here?