Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tib2d2 View Post
    God I hope there's no "save Jor-EL", hopefully what they did to him worked (putting him back on Kryton as it exploded), and he stays dead as Uncle Ben!
    Make no mistake, I want dead Jor-El, but I'd like some clarification/resolution to the whole Mr Oz/Rogal Zarr stuff. However, if Bendis doesn't think that's worth doing, fine. I think a couple panels to hand wave it away would suffice.

Agreed. Oh and just to make sure I understood, our friend Rogal Zarr is still in the Phantom Zone right?

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I think a mind-controlled baddie is still a baddie. Hal Jordan was villainous as Parallax, even if he was possessed by the Yellow Impunity. Same deal with Mr. Oz being a villainous Jor-El who was under the thrall of Doctor Manhattan until, NO, he wasn't.

He's a morally nebulous guy who did some bad things involving Rogal Zarr, but we don't know what they are. Hopefully, Bendis is going somewhere with this and we'll get some sort of Save Jor-El story that resolves all this.
    Yes and no. If Jor-El was being controlled, then he needs to be stopped, but whoever is controlling him needs to be stopped more.

Honestly, though, I think Jor-El is done. He was sort of a means to an end for Bendis, then wrapped up and sent back.

God I hope there's no "save Jor-EL", hopefully what they did to him worked (putting him back on Kryton as it exploded), and he stays dead as Uncle Ben!
    There won't be, in the modern context. I was hoping for "save Jor-El" written by Jurgens that eventually ended with him going back to Krypton when it exploded in a way that gave him a better send-off than we got, but still.

Make no mistake, I want dead Jor-El, but I'd like some clarification/resolution to the whole Mr Oz/Rogal Zarr stuff. However, if Bendis doesn't think that's worth doing, fine. I think a couple panels to hand wave it away would suffice.
    If that ever happens, hopefully it's better than the attempted hand wave from "I'm being abducted via portal, HELLP!" to "Hi, I'm here to pick up your grandson". lol

Agreed. Oh and just to make sure I understood, our friend Rogal Zarr is still in the Phantom Zone right?
    Yep - where he'll probably stay for quite a while, I'd imagine.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

Quote Originally Posted by JAK View Post
    Yes and no. If Jor-El was being controlled, then he needs to be stopped, but whoever is controlling him needs to be stopped more.

If that ever happens, hopefully it's better than the attempted hand wave from "I'm being abducted via portal, HELLP!" to "Hi, I'm here to pick up your grandson". lol.
    Jurgens & Bendis kinda had their hands tied creatively behind their backs because the "Whoever is controlling Jor-El" thing got unceremoniously rewritten in mid-stream.

I would like a short bridge story between Oz Effect & Man of Steel, though. Blame it on Dark Multiverse Doc Manhattan or something.

I know realize that this thread has drifted so far from Doomsday.

I don't think Doomsday will be back any time soon. At least I hope he won't. I want Doomsday to work the same as the Anti-Monitor, Nekron, or Tim Trapper. They show up very rarely and, when they do, it's a "Oh $#*+!" moment.

I don't want Hulk Doomsday either. I want raging force of violence Doomsday.

I don't think Doomsday will be back any time soon. At least I hope he won't. I want Doomsday to work the same as the Anti-Monitor, Nekron, or Tim Trapper. They show up very rarely and, when they do, it's a "Oh $#*+!" moment.

When Doomsday shows up there needs to be massive body counts. Not of heroes, since those will get retconned or undone inevitably, but of civilians. It’s the only way for Doomsday to keep his threat level given that he obviously isn’t going to get to kill Superman again. Which is why they shouldn’t use him all that often since massive slaughterfests just make Supes look inept.

Can we all agree though that the last time we saw Doomsday was in Oz's vault in Detective Comics? And we don't know what the hell happened to him and that vault?

Jurgens & Bendis kinda had their hands tied creatively behind their backs because the "Whoever is controlling Jor-El" thing got unceremoniously rewritten in mid-stream.

I would like a short bridge story between Oz Effect & Man of Steel, though. Blame it on Dark Multiverse Doc Manhattan or something.
    Jurgens certainly did, not sure how much Bendis's hands were tied (in terms of how he wanted to use Jor-El/Mr. Oz, anyway). But with Jurgens, he's a good idea guy; it wouldn't have taken much for him to come up with an alternative to Manhattan in terms of who's controlling Jor-El. That's one of the big reasons he was brought on board for both Zero Hour and Rebirth, iirc.

Although even a short bridge would be nice. Superman should be leaping tall buildings and flying over chasms... the narrative? Not so much, lol

Yes to all of this!

Can we all agree though that the last time we saw Doomsday was in Oz's vault in Detective Comics? And we don't know what the hell happened to him and that vault?
    I believe so, yes.
    Hear my new CD "Love The World Away", available on iTunes, Google Music, Spotify, Shazam, and Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B01N5XYV..._waESybX1C0RXK via @amazon
    www.jamiekelleymusic.com
    TV interview here: https://snjtoday.com/snj-today-hotline-jamie-kelley/

I just want to point out that Tim Trapper is a fearsome villain name