Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast

Probably best issue so far.

Such a good issue. So many highlights, like Damian the clown, Jon's whole thing with the gas, even Damian explaining everything to a recently knocked out Hawkgirl... Whom he knocked out in the first place.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

That's more like it. I'm back on board. If they can keep up this kind of quality, this could be a lot of fun.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

The issue had some really great character beats, and I loved the play on the Adam West, "Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb" bit with the poison gas...but the over all plot of the book so far is still really poorly conceived. The non-linear time traveling just doesn't make sense and it isn't getting any better.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I agree with this.The plot overall doesn't have much going for it.The Character interaction is the saving grace.Still a bit lacking on personal aspect to the story.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

What happened to this title? When is it continuing?

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    What happened to this title? When is it continuing?
    After Future State ends, I presume. So, next week I guess.

Yeah it's on break till March. A weekly series takes a lot of work. They earned this.

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    After Future State ends, I presume. So, next week I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Yeah it's on break till March. A weekly series takes a lot of work. They earned this.
    Awesome thanks for the info

I am suscribed to this title and today, I was looking at my subscriptions in Comixology and it says: Expected delivery is 15 March 2021.

March 15, huh? Good to know. I'm subbed to them on Comixology too but I had no idea you could check when the next issue is expected to come out.

March 15, huh? Good to know. I'm subbed to them on Comixology too but I had no idea you could check when the next issue is expected to come out.
    You could see it if you click on your username, then on "my account" and then on "my subscriptions" or something like that (sorry, I don't have my computer around right now). There you can see an expected delivery date. But, of course, the date can change the day before.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvel Man View Post
    I am suscribed to this title and today, I was looking at my subscriptions in Comixology and it says: Expected delivery is 15 March 2021.
    It's official. Challenge of the Super Sons is back, with at least 3 new issues, starting 15 March.

Challenge of the Super Sons (2020-) #8
    Written by Peter J. Tomasi.
    Art by Max Raynor and Luis Guerrero.
    Digital Release Date: 15 March 2021.

BOOP BOOP BEEP BOOP (that’s computer-talk for “Cyborg is in BIG TROUBLE.”) As Jon and Damian rush to save yet another Justice Leaguer from the death foretold to them upon the dreaded DOOM SCROLL, the super sons had better move quickly! It seems Cyborg has already fallen victim to an attack courtesy of GRID! But remember, if Cyborg finds out the boys saved him, the DOOM SCROLL’s curse will take the life of an innocent…Superboy and Robin won’t let that happen, though. Right?

Challenge of the Super Sons (2020-) #9
    Art by Max Raynor and Luis Guerrero.
    Digital Release Date: 22 March 2021.

Hey Aquaman, what’s KRAKEN? As the guardian of the deep finds himself in the clutches of a gigantic underwater baddie courtesy of the deadly DOOM SCROLL prophesy, the Super Sons stand ready to assist! The only catch is, Aquaman can never know that the boys helped save his life. And after this encounter proves a little too close for comfort, Superboy and Robin are shocked discover the next names on the doom list: their own!

Challenge of the Super Sons (2020-) #10
    Art by Evan Stanley and Luis Guerrero.
    Digital Release Date: 29 March 2021.

Journey back with us once more through the mists of time to uncover the secrets of the Doom Scroll! Picking up where we left off in Chapter 5, Superboy and Robin have been rescued from the clutches of some truly wicked spells by their new ally, Rora. As Rora rushes to help the boys return to the present, their pursuers close in and prepare for attack – and Vandal Savage and Felix Faust are one deadly duo that mean BUSINESS.

Finally.

And I got unrelated question, I just noticed that DC some time ago has released a second omnibus - Expanded edition. Next to original series it also collects Adventures and Dynomutt special. Is it just me or is it a bit weird to release a second omnibus for Super Sons?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    Finally.

And I got unrelated question, I just noticed that DC some time ago has released a second omnibus - Expanded edition. Next to original series it also collects Adventures and Dynomutt special. Is it just me or is it a bit weird to release a second omnibus for Super Sons?
    The first omnibus sold really well, selling out almost immediately. Rather than do a reprint, DC decided to hold off and release a new omnibus with Adventures included.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers