Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
    Mighty Member

I really liked Tomasi's take on Vandal Savage personally. The boredom of immortality makes for an interesting approach. I'm looking forward to seeing where he takes him.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Fun chapter and connects #2 and #3 with what happened in #1. Thou I wonder if this non-linear progression of the story was necessary.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

The newest chapter makes the non-linear story telling even more of a weird choice.

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    The newest chapter makes the non-linear story telling even more of a weird choice.
    Agreed but I still enjoyed it

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Regardless of the restrictions and situation.This a quality adventure book.Also,loved that the women showed up as girl.What do you know?immortals were kids once upon a time.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Yeah, despite the situation not being...ideal, I'm still really enjoying this series for what it is. This is already a big step up from Adventures.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I'm sensing some editorial shenanigans at play here. My guess is that issue #4 & 5 were originally #2 & 3, but got pushed later so that the DCU guest stars could get front-loaded earlier to avoid a steep drop in sales that likely would have happened had they gone straight into their medieval adventures with Vandal Savage and Felix Faust.

Because that time jump was awfully jarring and these last two issue were pretty dull. I'm giving this series one more issue to justify its existence beyond my fondness for the characters.

These were definitely two setup issues. Not much happened but I at least enjoyed this most recent one. It looks like things are getting back on track next week though.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I'm sensing some editorial shenanigans at play here. My guess is that issue #4 & 5 were originally #2 & 3, but got pushed later so that the DCU guest stars could get front-loaded earlier to avoid a steep drop in sales that likely would have happened had they gone straight into their medieval adventures with Vandal Savage and Felix Faust.

Because that time jump was awfully jarring and these last two issue were pretty dull. I'm giving this series one more issue to justify its existence beyond my fondness for the characters.
    Yeah, it's got nothing to do with that. It's all about balancing the artists. The present has one artist and the past has another and they are spacing out the two artists as they go. It's not ideal, but I see why they're doing it.

Personally, I'm enjoying it.
    Currently Reading:

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Yeah, it's got nothing to do with that. It's all about balancing the artists. The present has one artist and the past has another and they are spacing out the two artists as they go. It's not ideal, but I see why they're doing it.

Personally, I'm enjoying it.
    I'm glad it's working for you.

Hopefully, I'm alone in my growing dissatisfaction towards this story and sales don't drop, but I suspect I'm not.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Yeah, despite the situation not being...ideal, I'm still really enjoying this series for what it is. This is already a big step up from Adventures.
    You disliked Adventures that much? To me at the time they are on similar level. Granted, I find Savage/Faust/Rora more interesting than kid Luthor and his gang, but this timeline jump is annoying me.

These were definitely two setup issues. Not much happened but I at least enjoyed this most recent one. It looks like things are getting back on track next week though.
    I'm looking forward to a returned focus on the boys secretly saving members of the Justice League again. I imagine Superman and Batman will be the last two to be saved and they will probably need to be rescued together. This is definitely a better read than Adventures was.

Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    You disliked Adventures that much? To me at the time they are on similar level. Granted, I find Savage/Faust/Rora more interesting than kid Luthor and his gang, but this timeline jump is annoying me.
    I wouldn't say I disliked Adventures. It was an enjoyable read for the most part. I just thought it wasn't a great "last outting" for those two, which is what it was originally supposed to be. Though I will admit I REALLY disliked the mini Legion of Doom. Even for a comic like this, I thought it was a little too corny.

Just like I expected, things really picked back up once they got back to the present. And man, Damian was pure gold today XD

Mighty Member

Just like I expected, things really picked back up once they got back to the present. And man, Damian was pure gold today XD
    Boy, was he. I couldn't stop laughing at his interaction with the balloon man.

I think a lot of credit should go to Max Raynor too. Jon couldn't speak for half the issue, but Raynor was able to portray such a range of emotions with Jon's facial expressions.
    Currently Reading: