Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 132
  1. #106
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,386

    Default

    I really liked Tomasi's take on Vandal Savage personally. The boredom of immortality makes for an interesting approach. I'm looking forward to seeing where he takes him.
    Currently Reading:

    DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons

    Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

    Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

  2. #107
    Astonishing Member HsssH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,766

    Default

    Fun chapter and connects #2 and #3 with what happened in #1. Thou I wonder if this non-linear progression of the story was necessary.

  3. #108
    Astonishing Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    2,382

    Default

    The newest chapter makes the non-linear story telling even more of a weird choice.

  4. #109
    Astonishing Member Journey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Posts
    2,018

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    The newest chapter makes the non-linear story telling even more of a weird choice.
    Agreed but I still enjoyed it

  5. #110
    The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    6,331

    Default

    Regardless of the restrictions and situation.This a quality adventure book.Also,loved that the women showed up as girl.What do you know?immortals were kids once upon a time.
    "I swear to devote my life to the destruction of piracy, greed, cruelty and injustice! And my sons, and their sons, shall follow me!"

  6. #111
    Mighty Member Blue22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,798

    Default

    Yeah, despite the situation not being...ideal, I'm still really enjoying this series for what it is. This is already a big step up from Adventures.

  7. #112
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    6,589

    Default

    I'm sensing some editorial shenanigans at play here. My guess is that issue #4 & 5 were originally #2 & 3, but got pushed later so that the DCU guest stars could get front-loaded earlier to avoid a steep drop in sales that likely would have happened had they gone straight into their medieval adventures with Vandal Savage and Felix Faust.

    Because that time jump was awfully jarring and these last two issue were pretty dull. I'm giving this series one more issue to justify its existence beyond my fondness for the characters.

  8. #113
    Mighty Member Blue22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,798

    Default

    These were definitely two setup issues. Not much happened but I at least enjoyed this most recent one. It looks like things are getting back on track next week though.

  9. #114
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I'm sensing some editorial shenanigans at play here. My guess is that issue #4 & 5 were originally #2 & 3, but got pushed later so that the DCU guest stars could get front-loaded earlier to avoid a steep drop in sales that likely would have happened had they gone straight into their medieval adventures with Vandal Savage and Felix Faust.

    Because that time jump was awfully jarring and these last two issue were pretty dull. I'm giving this series one more issue to justify its existence beyond my fondness for the characters.
    Yeah, it's got nothing to do with that. It's all about balancing the artists. The present has one artist and the past has another and they are spacing out the two artists as they go. It's not ideal, but I see why they're doing it.

    Personally, I'm enjoying it.
    Currently Reading:

    DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons

    Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

    Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

  10. #115
    Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    6,589

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Yeah, it's got nothing to do with that. It's all about balancing the artists. The present has one artist and the past has another and they are spacing out the two artists as they go. It's not ideal, but I see why they're doing it.

    Personally, I'm enjoying it.
    I'm glad it's working for you.

    Hopefully, I'm alone in my growing dissatisfaction towards this story and sales don't drop, but I suspect I'm not.

  11. #116
    Astonishing Member HsssH's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    3,766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Yeah, despite the situation not being...ideal, I'm still really enjoying this series for what it is. This is already a big step up from Adventures.
    You disliked Adventures that much? To me at the time they are on similar level. Granted, I find Savage/Faust/Rora more interesting than kid Luthor and his gang, but this timeline jump is annoying me.

  12. #117
    Incredible Member Lvenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Posts
    803

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    These were definitely two setup issues. Not much happened but I at least enjoyed this most recent one. It looks like things are getting back on track next week though.
    I'm looking forward to a returned focus on the boys secretly saving members of the Justice League again. I imagine Superman and Batman will be the last two to be saved and they will probably need to be rescued together. This is definitely a better read than Adventures was.

  13. #118
    Mighty Member Blue22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,798

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HsssH View Post
    You disliked Adventures that much? To me at the time they are on similar level. Granted, I find Savage/Faust/Rora more interesting than kid Luthor and his gang, but this timeline jump is annoying me.
    I wouldn't say I disliked Adventures. It was an enjoyable read for the most part. I just thought it wasn't a great "last outting" for those two, which is what it was originally supposed to be. Though I will admit I REALLY disliked the mini Legion of Doom. Even for a comic like this, I thought it was a little too corny.

  14. #119
    Mighty Member Blue22's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Posts
    1,798

    Default

    Just like I expected, things really picked back up once they got back to the present. And man, Damian was pure gold today XD

  15. #120
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,386

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Just like I expected, things really picked back up once they got back to the present. And man, Damian was pure gold today XD
    Boy, was he. I couldn't stop laughing at his interaction with the balloon man.

    I think a lot of credit should go to Max Raynor too. Jon couldn't speak for half the issue, but Raynor was able to portray such a range of emotions with Jon's facial expressions.
    Currently Reading:

    DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons

    Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

    Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •