Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Challenge of the Super Sons- A digital first series

Great news everyone, the Supersons are back and written by Peter J. Tomasi once more. It is a digital first series called Challenge of the Super Sons and it will be out next month for people to read picking up where the Tomasi's Adventures of the Super Sons ended, so I guess not acknowledging all the recent Legion of Superheroes and Teen Titans stuff. Best part, issues are only 99 cents.

https://m.readdc.com/Challenge-of-th...50QWRkaXRpb25z

905475._SX1600_QL80_TTD_.jpg

"The boys are back! Picking up where the sensational ADVENTURES OF THE SUPER SONS left off, the son of Batman and the son of Superman are back in the spotlight and ready to give evil a good spanking. But are Robin and Superboy in over their heads this time?! A mysterious woman from beyond time has appeared to the DCU’s favorite sons, and her arrival heralds certain DOOM (the’s a hint, everyone) of things to come! "
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

The fact that this does take place right after Adventure still makes me slightly concerned about the status quo for those two going forward in other books. But I'll care about that later. For now, this is one hell of a victory!

I just hope it's better than Adventure. That one wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. Definitely not the note those two should have gone out on.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

I hope this one is bonkers and fun.

Incredible Member

Slightly disappointed this isn't a regular book instead of a digital first. As I want Jon's age up undone in the main continuity, but I'll still get all the same, while continuing to boycott the main Superman and Legion books. Anything to show my support for a younger Jon and hopefully get him de-aged eventually.

Astonishing Member

The fact that this does take place right after Adventure still makes me slightly concerned about the status quo for those two going forward in other books.
    Maybe just the opposite, if they start investing in Super Sons again, it is likely that this will affect regular books as well. Moreover, in 'Tec Damian is already obviously moving in the opposite direction, and in Legion something important for Jon will obviously happen in the next issue.
    In any case, we will understand the direction next month.

Good to see it's back, about time. Now de-age Jon in the current continuity and everything will be coming up roses.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

nice! I've missed this series.

There you go. DC is really pushing into digital, I expect they’ll be doing more like this to create content for the B and C-Listers which simply aren’t economically feasible to put out physical stuff for right now. I also expect this will mean Jon will stay aged up in the mainline past Bendis.

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    There you go. DC is really pushing into digital, I expect they’ll be doing more like this to create content for the B and C-Listers which simply aren’t economically feasible to put out physical stuff for right now. I also expect this will mean Jon will stay aged up in the mainline past Bendis.
    I said this elsewhere but I think this is a good indication of what DC wants with the whole Omniverse continuity idea. Mainline Jon and Damian are over doing there thing in Legion of Superheroes and Detective Comics, but if you want it how you liked it and want to acknowledge some continuity here is more Supersons.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Astonishing Member

Keeping both Jons in some books whether digital or other sounds good to me. I can enjoy both no problem.

I also expect this will mean Jon will stay aged up in the mainline past Bendis.
    That's what I'm kind of afraid of. Partly because that means Super Sons would stay in its own little pocket of time and I'm not sure how long it could sustain itself like that. And mostly because aged up Jon sucks.

But I'll take the small victories. And this one is honestly pretty damn far from being small.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Keeping both Jons in some books whether digital or other sounds good to me. I can enjoy both no problem.
    Yeah! I agree with this. They could have both.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Yeah! I agree with this. They could have both.
    We could have always had both. That's the best part about Legion being a series that hinges on time travel. But this is one other way of going about having both, I guess.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Hopefully this settles down people constantly getting upset at seeing anything with teen/adult Jon, but I’m doubtful.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    We could have always had both. That's the best part about Legion being a series that hinges on time travel. But this is one other way of going about having both, I guess.
    While,Legion is great. I don't like jon's costume. I have come to really love the future state non-caped costume. I also don't want that adult jon to be just stuck with legion future. I like the bottled metropolis city thing and many of the world building stuff they are doing. Jon needs a city of tomorrow. I would love me a different flavour of superman than the "aw! Shucks!" kind.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-24-2020 at 10:14 AM.