Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Psst....the new issue of Super Sons is out, this time they deal with Cyborg.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Okay, so this was definitely the best issue yet. Glad they came back swinging after a much deserved break.

Mighty Member

I'm still not sure anything beats the Hawkgirl issue, but this was pretty good too. Jon's horse for MVP.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Enjoyed the issue, but minor continuity question - is this the first time we saw Grid since New 52 wrapped up?

Niffleheim

This is good news for me because I have read almost every thing on Super Sons (after I started rereading everything about Damian getting ready for his solo) and I have looked for more Super Sons adventures but I couldn't find anything. I don't really care about adult Jon so I'm not invested at all about the complications it poses lol.

Why is it called Challenge of the Super Sons?
    Last edited by Tofali; 03-16-2021 at 12:13 PM.

Hi-ho Compu-horse! AWAY!

Its good to have this series back. Just having a fun adventure series is kind of cathartic.

I think Tomasi is utilizing the "everything happened" mandate part of writing at DC with this story, because previously they referenced the anti-lasso of truth that appeared in the New 52 Endgame storyarc but today's issue straight up references and cites the Tower of Babel from Mark Waid.

Either way another fun issue, and the ending should play with the scroll of doom concept in an interesting way.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Tomasi, I think, has established himself at this point as a big fan of Morrison so that approach is not surprising.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    I think Tomasi is utilizing the "everything happened" mandate part of writing at DC with this story, because previously they referenced the anti-lasso of truth that appeared in the New 52 Endgame storyarc but today's issue straight up references and cites the Tower of Babel from Mark Waid.

Either way another fun issue, and the ending should play with the scroll of doom concept in an interesting way.
    And here I was planning to buy this series when it got collected before I see that stupid thing got brought back.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    And here I was planning to buy this series when it got collected before I see that stupid thing got brought back.
    It’s literally just used in one issue, specifically to distract Wonder Woman. It’s not that bad, Damian just has access to his dads anti-Justice League plans.....which now that I say that sounds bad.
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    It’s literally just used in one issue, specifically to distract Wonder Woman. It’s not that bad, Damian just has access to his dads anti-Justice League plans.....which now that I say that sounds bad.
    Considering its Damian, he probably hacked into it himself once, memorized then, and has since calmed down.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Considering its Damian, he probably hacked into it himself once, memorized then, and has since calmed down.
    Now I’m just getting this image in my head of Damian at the bat computer just muttering to himself that his dad really needs to stop using the same passwords for everything.
    Words to live by.

Today's issue...definitely not as good as the past two. And the art reflected that. I felt like I was reading a fan comic on tumblr. The troll piss joke was pretty funny...then Tomasi ruined it with Damian's OOC reaction. That's been a common complaint people have had with Damian since Super Sons began but I never really saw it until Adventures and Challenge. And even then, it's not very often.

But it's alright. He made up for it a few pages later when Damian tried to make Rora feel better about the drawing of her parents.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Today's issue...definitely not as good as the past two. And the art reflected that. I felt like I was reading a fan comic on tumblr. The troll piss joke was pretty funny...then Tomasi ruined it with Damian's OOC reaction. That's been a common complaint people have had with Damian since Super Sons began but I never really saw it until Adventures and Challenge. And even then, it's not very often.

But it's alright. He made up for it a few pages later when Damian tried to make Rora feel better about the drawing of her parents.
    Sadly I have to agree with your post. The last two issues were fun, engaging and well paced with some solid moments like Jon's Compu-horse and Damian's science lesson on the genus of the Death Kraken whilst Jon is freaking out about the poison barb. This was the weakest entry in the series thus far in terms of both the writing and artwork.

This has still been a million times better than Adventures so that counts for something at least.

That seems to be a running thing so far. All of the worst issues are the ones with them in the past. In addition to the Faust and Savage stuff just...not being very interesting, it's a total momentum killer.