Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Hopefully this settles down people constantly getting upset at seeing anything with teen/adult Jon, but I’m doubtful.
    Oh it wont for me. This was always about more than Super Sons. But For now I am overjoyed lol

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Keeping both Jons in some books whether digital or other sounds good to me. I can enjoy both no problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Yeah! I agree with this. They could have both.
    I'm sorry but mainline will still need to be de-aged before I can think about supporting the main continuity superman books again. Him being tortured for seven important developmental years of his life between 10 and 17 is just horrible and unacceptable as his main history and status quo and I don't get how some people are able to shrug it off.
    Now if they wanted to replace the Legion Jon with one from seven years in the future who had a normal pre-teen and teen experience or just keep him around as a temporal duplicate anomaly, after rescuing the younger Jon from Earth 3, I could live with that.
    Hopefully this settles down people constantly getting upset at seeing anything with teen/adult Jon, but I’m doubtful.
    As I pointed out, it's not actually fixing our problem with Teen Jon (not just that's it's replaced the kid version, but also the mechanism of how it was accomplished). But it is nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    That's what I'm kind of afraid of. Partly because that means Super Sons would stay in its own little pocket of time and I'm not sure how long it could sustain itself like that. And mostly because aged up Jon sucks.

But I'll take the small victories. And this one is honestly pretty damn far from being small.
    Pretty much my feelings. Relegating Super-Sons to it's own little pocket timeline could end hurting in the long run.
    But at the same time this is a victory and I really don't want to be too negative focusing on the downsides. I'm going to look at this as making another step of progress on our way to the main goal (fixing Jon's situation in the main continuity).

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

dude,back in the day clark was both superboy and superman at the same time.why can't jon?

Astonishing Member

https://www.dccomics.com/blog/2020/1...the-super-sons
    Challenge of the Super Sons debuts digitally on December 14, 2020, with the first of fourteen weekly 99-cent chapters.

dude,back in the day clark was both superboy and superman at the same time.why can't jon?
    He definitely can. I've been suggesting for a while now that this should turn into a Future Trunks situation. Where the two basically become completely separate characters. Little Jon stays in the present and Teen Jon stays in the future with the Legion, while occasionally making some appearances in the present whenever Clark needs the whole family. Literally everyone wins in that scenario.

Thumbs up

Oh it wont for me. This was always about more than Super Sons. But For now I am overjoyed lol
    Same here, I'll likely never accept Teen Jon unless they do something interesting with him. Currently, Teen Jon is nothing more than (yet) another cheap Bendis gimmick to me, all sizzle no steak.
    Last edited by Celgress; 11-24-2020 at 10:43 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

He definitely can. I've been suggesting for a while now that this should turn into a Future Trunks situation. Where the two basically become completely separate characters. Little Jon stays in the present and Teen Jon stays in the future with the Legion, while occasionally making some appearances in the present whenever Clark needs the whole family. Literally everyone wins in that scenario.
    they don't need to separate the character.That will lead to postcrisis pocket dimension superboy problem.Just say,future state is jon kent's adventures as an adult superman and this is his adventures as a kid.Something like bruce being an old man in batman beyond and youngman in currentline.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-24-2020 at 10:51 AM.

they don't need to separate the character.That will lead to postcrisis pocket dimension superboy problem.Just say,future state is jon kent's adventures as an adult superman and this is his adventures as a kid.Something like bruce being an old man in batman beyond and youngman in currentline.
    This would indeed be the simplest and likely best solution.

It's nice to see the Super Sons back and looking in fine form .
    At the very least it should satisfy people who want to see Damian and Jon together and more recognizably compared to when written by Bendis.

Oh I wasn't even taking Future State into account since we still don't know how much of those series will be carried over into the main continuity now that Didio's vision for it got, rightfully, tossed out. I'm just talking about kid Jon and Legion Jon.

Yeah!Bendis's supersons was yeesh!
    Oh I wasn't even taking Future State into account since we still don't know how much of those series will be carried over into the main continuity now that Didio's vision for it got, rightfully, tossed out. I'm just talking about kid Jon and Legion Jon.
    They are basically meant to be the same.There would no point to have legion jon if he doesn't become superman.They could easily wipe out bad stuff from current time line with mumbo jumbo.Streamline the story.Two points in his life time and timeline of dc.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 11-24-2020 at 11:10 AM.

Yeah!Bendis's supersons was yeesh!
    "GARGOYLE DOGS!"

"GARGOYLE DOGS!"

I second this motion.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

So, question, how long does on have to wait to pick this up in physical form, because I'd like to have it in my hands over just online. Also I have a feeling we might see a de-aged Jon at some point, they de-aged Chris (I miss him too!) and since he's going to be probably showing up in the time skip for new YJ at some point, they're going to have to connect him to the younger character that will be pushed by the the show I think. Also he needs more time to become developed like Kon.

I won't be satisfied until Teen Jon is wiped from history I swear where's a Kronika type character when you need her.