Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    "GARGOYLE DOGS!"

I....am sure I already erased that out of mind as defense mechanism. Why do you must remind me of that?

Anyway, I think it will be another Adventure of Supersons kind of book (which is not bad actually, but lack of interesting elements compared to original Supersons), but if that means I can read Damian on January and February and ignore whatever happened on Damian on Future State, I'll gladly take it. I hope when DC recognizes how popular this book, DC will make Supersons animated series as their Rebirth animated project.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Light of Justice View Post
    I....am sure I already erased that out of mind as defense mechanism. Why do you must remind me of that?

Anyway, I think it will be another Adventure of Supersons kind of book (which is not bad actually, but lack of interesting elements compared to original Supersons), but if that means I can read Damian on January and February and ignore whatever happened on Damian on Future State, I'll gladly take it. I hope when DC recognizes how popular this book, DC will make Supersons animated series as their Rebirth animated project.
    My feeling is that the Digital readership of Adventures of the Super Sons was really good, hence why we are now getting a digital first series.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Hopefully this settles down people constantly getting upset at seeing anything with teen/adult Jon, but I’m doubtful.
    Well, it certainly doesn't make me happy. Even with kid!Jon here, the real mainline Jon still isn't him. And worse is the horrible storyline that got him there and what terrible parents it made Clark and Lois. And I hate timeskips in general, and this is functionally that, but only for one character. More than that, though, I loved seeing the family, Clark, Lois, and their 10 year old Jon. We won't get that in Supersons. It will be all about Jon and Damian. I really, really wanted Jon developed outside of Damian (just as I enjoy Damian having many connections outside Jon). Thought Kathy or the school friend he had friendly sports trash talking with (sorry, don't recall her name, she was a minor character) would be be good for that. And, no, seeing it with Teen!Jon doesn't count - he's basically an entirely different character, not the Jon Kent I liked.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I won't be satisfied until Teen Jon is wiped from history I swear where's a Kronika type character when you need her.
    Nah. As I've said in the Jon thread, I want the age up to be undone but there's no need to erase it. I don't like seeing whole periods of a characters' life swept under the rug, even if it was a bad time. That's part of why I hated the age up in the first place. So put him back to where he was but don't act like his time in space, in the volcano, and with the Legion didn't happen.

Hell, the predicament he'd find himself in might actually be pretty interesting from a psychological standpoint. Just think. There was so much about growing up that he missed out on. So many milestones and rites of passage. If he's aged down he gets to experience all of that, but he could also feel like there's something...not quite right about it. He's torn between wanting to experience everything he'd missed and also feeling like he shouldn't. Like it's already too late. Feeling like he's gained a part of himself back but also like he's lost something. And if both his body and mind are back to that of a kid's, those feelings would be a lot to process.

It's like "No More Mutants", Civil War II, and One More Day. Those were awful ideas that were eventually reversed (kinda). But the impact that they made is still felt and has lead to some genuinely interesting stories.

There's just a lot of storytelling potential that could come from acknowledging that he'd basically be growing up for the second time. I doubt any writer would care enough to make a whole character arc out for him out of it. But, at the very least, a deep dive into his thoughts on the matter would make for a really good one-shot. The kid already showed, in the Robin special, that he can be pretty articulate when he wants to be lol

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I won't be satisfied until Teen Jon is wiped from history I swear where's a Kronika type character when you need her.
    He won't be. Main line Jon is staying a teen. Yara making the jump after Future State solidifies this for me. DC is already pushing her hard without a single published issue featuring her yet, and in specific the Future State SM/WW title for it didn't make much sense at first. But now it does. They're going to push these two as a thing going forward in main continuity. Kid Jon is going to be relegated to out-of-continuity stuff from now on, and him staying a teen in the main books is probably the very reason this series is going to exist in the first place, so like the Bendis-era second volume of Super Sons, they try to give the kid fans something. DC is known to do this with the Super and Wonder properties, taking the Kal and Diana dynamic and filtering it down to legacy instead. They did it with Conner and Cassie in the aughts, now they're gonna do it with Jon and Yara.

More news should be filtering in today though, so my luck will be my confident pronouncement is debunked in hours, heh.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-06-2020 at 12:19 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    He won't be. Main line Jon is staying a teen. Yara making the jump after Future State solidifies this for me. DC is already pushing her hard without a single published issue featuring her yet, and in specific the Future State SM/WW title for it didn't make much sense at first. But now it does. They're going to push these two as a thing going forward in main continuity. Kid Jon is going to be relegated to out-of-continuity stuff from now on, and him staying a teen in the main books is probably the very reason this series is going to exist in the first place, so like the Bendis-era second volume of Super Sons, they try to give the kid fans something. DC is known to do this with the Super and Wonder properties, taking the Kal and Diana dynamic and filtering it down to legacy instead. They did it with Conner and Cassie in the aughts, now they're gonna do it with Jon and Yara.

More news should be filtering in today though, so my luck will be my confident pronouncement is debunked in hours, heh.
    It'd be kind of interesting if she ends up the middleground age-wise between Damian and Jon, but that would make the new age difference between the Super Sons more pronounced.

Incredible Member

We'll see. Another factor is how old Yara is suppose to be in the present. Regardless, I already decided that getting Jon de-aged is a hill I'm willing to die on. So either Jon get's de-aged or I'm not patronizing the superman books again.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

we don't even know how old yara is going to be.They could introduce her as kid version.There is no point in having a teen aged jon kent.If the guy ain't a all new all different superman.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

We do, she's in the main cast splash for the Wonder Woman book going forward. She's at the very least a teenager.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

what?this? she looks 13 the least.15 the best.That's basically damians age.

She has a noticeable bust, that likely rules out pre-teen. I know that's not a hardfast rule in real life but in comics? She doesn't look like a child and that's telling. Younger than the Future State version of course, but not a child. Hammering down to a specific age beyond that is rather irrelevant to the point, but in any case 15 still wouldn't make a partnering and building chemistry with Jon out of the question.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-06-2020 at 01:11 PM.

No one seems certain whether that piece was the artist just drawing her in there as Future State Wonder Woman or if that's actually supposed to be her as Wonder Girl.

Considering she does look like a teen and not the adult she is in Future State, I'm willing to bet this is the main continuity version of the character. Whether she goes by Wonder Girl or another codename considering Cassie is still around, who knows.

She has a noticeable bust. She's not 13. Younger than the Future State version of course, but not a child. Hammering down to a specific age beyond that is rather irrelevant to the point.
    Forgive me,for being completely oblivious.I am just not around growing girls that much or paid any attention.But,i just don't see the point of having older jon around if he ain't superman.If jon was meant to attract new fans that want a different flavour superman that allows more riskier stories.If they aren't going for that then,what?He stays a teen amongst 100s of other teen heroes so that he can romance a girl?There it is.Shipping ruins something good again.I swear,i hate romance.blah!!!!I don't get a superman or superboy i can actually root for.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-06-2020 at 01:15 PM.

Incredible Member

She has a noticeable bust. She's not 13. Younger than the Future State version of course, but not a child. Hammering down to a specific age beyond that is rather irrelevant to the point.
    They could also reduce Jon's age instead of a complete reversion. Like let's say they knock him down 13 and Yara is 14-15. They're still in a commonly acceptable dating range. While I'd prefer Jon being fully reset to how he was prior to Bendis's age up, I might be able to settle for him being 13. Anyway, we'll have to wait and see. Regardless, keeping Jon's age up as is is never going to work for me.