Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

As I edited, the reality is that for anyone, boy or girl, puberty varies. That's obvious. But in comics, where the illustrator controls how their characters look, I would just find it odd to give a pre-teen girl breasts.

In any case, I understand your argument about teen Jon being superfluous. I even understand the argument that just doing it for a relationship would be thin motivation. I'm not arguing what works best (everyone knows how I feel there). I'm just saying the tea leaves to me suggest teen Jon in the main verse, kid Jon in digital adventures with Damian. Another motivation for doing this could potentially be that moving forward they don't want Superman himself to be constrained to a Rebirth family dynamic in his main comics. Again maybe something they figure they can do once a while in a separate digital space. I don't know. Like you said, we'll see, perhaps today.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 12-06-2020 at 01:20 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    As I edited, the reality is that for anyone, boy or girl, puberty varies. That's obvious. But in comics, where the illustrator controls how their characters look, I would just find it odd to give a pre-teen girl breasts.

In any case, I understand your argument about teen Jon being superfluous. I even understand the argument that just doing it for a relationship would be thin motivation. I'm not arguing what works best (everyone knows how I feel there). I'm just saying the tea leaves to me suggest teen Jon in the main verse, kid Jon in digital adventures with Damian. Another motivation for doing this could potentially be that moving forward they don't want Superman himself to be constrained to a Rebirth family dynamic in his main comics. Again maybe something they figure they can do once a while in a separate digital space. I don't know. Like you said, we'll see, perhaps today.
    I think there are other and better ways to get Jon out from under Clark and Lois's feet than the age up. Simply having him spend time with his grandparents would suffice. Alternatively, given the current status of Superman's public identity, if they rescued the younger Jon from Earth 3 in the past, it's possible the younger Jon might not want his identity being public so they set him up to stay with say Kathy and her folks for an example under a secret identity so he can live a normal life, if we're trying to find a compromise.

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    Forgive me,for being completely oblivious.I am just not around growing girls that much or paid any attention.But,i just don't see the point of having older jon around if he ain't superman.If jon was meant to attract new fans that want a different flavour superman that allows more riskier stories.If they aren't going for that then,what?He stays a teen amongst 100s of other teen heroes so that he can romance a girl?There it is.Shipping ruins something good again.I swear,i hate romance.blah!!!!I don't get a superman or superboy i can actually root for.
    One way or another he's not going to be Superman in the main continuity post-Future State unless they do a series set in Future State again. I also doubt Yara has much to do with keeping him Superboy, moreso branding and Clark being the main Superman more than anything else.

Bear in mind I'm not suggesting this is main motivation or anything if he does stay a teen. If he does I'm sure they'll have other ideas for him too. Just one example of a couple things that strike me as a foreshadowing of what's to come in the main verse.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Hopefully Challenge of the Super Sons takes more from the first volume of Super Sons than Adventures. Adventures was a decent read but it lacked the charm and heart of the first volume. I'm also hoping for a physical release at some point in the future too. I still prefer my comics to be physical rather than digital, though for the sake of supporting Super Sons, I'm happy to support the digital release.

Extraordinary Member

Where do we officially purchase to support this book

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Where do we officially purchase to support this book
    ComiXology or get a DC Universe sub.

Astonishing Member

I have always been hesitant to believe that Jon was gonna be de-aged after Bendis left. I know many advocate for it for a lot of reasons but primarily for Super Sons. While teen Jon has been rejected by a big subset of his fandom, I never thought DC would wipe the slate clean and go back to 10-year old like nothing happened, which is what many have wanted since the day he was aged up. As @SacredKnight said, with Yara now moving into main line continuity after FS, I don't see the de-aging happening any time soon (at least not in the way some want) but not for shipping purposes. I think Yara's been introduced because they needed a Wonder character to complete the trinity set for Damian and Jon. If Yara is in deed younger in that Wonder Woman and cast image, the most they will do with Jon is to reduce the number of years spent on Earth 3 to make him Damian's contemporary so all three are roughly the same age. Pre-teen Jon will live on but now he'll be found in the digital books.

Jewish & Proud Feminist Shadowcat's Avatar

I hope we can see Kathy again. I miss Jon’s own li’l Lana.

Astonishing Member

I'm almost positive we will.

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post

what?this? she looks 13 the least.15 the best.That's basically damians age.
    I don't think her Future State design will be the same as her present one.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Astonishing Member OopsIdiditagain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Artemisfanboy View Post
    They could also reduce Jon's age instead of a complete reversion. Like let's say they knock him down 13 and Yara is 14-15. They're still in a commonly acceptable dating range. While I'd prefer Jon being fully reset to how he was prior to Bendis's age up, I might be able to settle for him being 13. Anyway, we'll have to wait and see. Regardless, keeping Jon's age up as is is never going to work for me.
    Why not just age up Damian? He's been 13 for a while now and he looks 10. Meanwhile Emiko and Wallace are supposed to be in his age range and they look 16. Damian's the one that looks out of place to be honest.

Tim Drake and Cassie are supposed to be going to college according to YJ, so it's not like aging up Damian would mess up Batfamily dynamics.
    december 21st has passed where are my superpowers?

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    I don't think her Future State design will be the same as her present one.
    They had fresh concept art of a Wonder Girl costume sent in for the TV announcement, but we haven't gotten any conclusive information on her Wonder Girl costume.

Preview pictures posted by Jorge Corona of his artwork from Challenge of the Super Sons:

https://twitter.com/jecorona/status/1336022049500798978

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    ComiXology or get a DC Universe sub.
    will it come out the same day on DC universe?

I was actually happy to loose a subscription..... danm