Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    will it come out the same day on DC universe?

I was actually happy to loose a subscription..... danm
    I don’t know how it works for digital exclusive content actually.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    Preview pictures posted by Jorge Corona of his artwork from Challenge of the Super Sons:

https://twitter.com/jecorona/status/1336022049500798978
    That looks fun! I missed those two little balls of energy.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    That looks fun! I missed those two little balls of energy.
    Same here, looking forward to the little guys' playful banter.

And it’s out, go get the first issue yourself on Comixology.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Read it. Loved it. Already pre-ordered the next issue. Seeing those two back together is just such a good feeling. Not a huge fan of them continuing with that framing device from Adventures. The one with the grandkids. Even for a book like this, that's a little too...cheesy. But whatever. Significantly small price to pay.

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Read it. Loved it. Already pre-ordered the next issue. Seeing those two back together is just such a good feeling. Not a huge fan of them continuing with that framing device from Adventures. The one with the grandkids. Even for a book like this, that's a little too...cheesy. But whatever. Significantly small price to pay.
    how would you rate it?does it feel like filler like adventure of superson book did?i am a bit iffy.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Quote Originally Posted by manwhohaseverything View Post
    how would you rate it?does it feel like filler like adventure of superson book did?
    It's hard to say since the plot didn't really get rolling until the very end but I'm hoping that it is better in that regard.

I didn't hate Adventures but it wasn't a great note for those two to have gone out on it. I never thought it felt like filler. Especially since random stories that barely connect to each other has always been they're thing. But the story itself just wasn't interesting enough to be dragged out for as long as it did. The Mini Legion of Doom or whatever they were called....kinda sucked. In both its concept and execution. Though the little Lantern was cool. I wouldn't mind seeing him again.

Mighty Member

The first issue was great. Time will tell whether this is able to match the emotional depth or strong character work of the first series, but the interaction between Jon and Damian is fantastic as always and the premise seems to have more potential than Adventures did.
    Currently Reading:

DC: The Flash, Challenge of the Super Sons, Nightwing

Image: Lazarus: Risen, The Old Guard, Black Magick

Boom: Mighty Morphin', Power Rangers

The Man Who Cannot Die manwhohaseverything's Avatar

God! i missed the lil dudes.Jon going all working class was damn good.
    spoilers:
    i loved the shirt rip joke.Damian not telling jon that there is a cat to save is awesome.Jon going working class on damian with "You are son of kazillionare with no marketable skill than being an assassin" bit was funny.Damian being "maybe you can write an expose about it that no one reads".
    end of spoilers
    Now,this is a superman/batman dynamic.
    Last edited by manwhohaseverything; 12-14-2020 at 10:52 PM.
    "People’s Dreams... Have No Ends"

Incredible Member Light of Justice's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Why not just age up Damian? He's been 13 for a while now and he looks 10. Meanwhile Emiko and Wallace are supposed to be in his age range and they look 16. Damian's the one that looks out of place to be honest.

Tim Drake and Cassie are supposed to be going to college according to YJ, so it's not like aging up Damian would mess up Batfamily dynamics.
    because aging up Damian means aging up Bruce and DC had problem with that. Remember the bullshit "10 years since his parent's death"?

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

That was fun. As long as they keep up the quality this time. I can't even remember how the last one ended.

Astonishing Member

I wasn't a fan of the Adventures either. The banter between the two is the biggest selling point and Tomasi nailed it. Legit LOL exchanges.

Quote Originally Posted by Blue22 View Post
    Not a huge fan of them continuing with that framing device from Adventures. The one with the grandkids. Even for a book like this, that's a little too...cheesy.
    I guess it is their way to work around the continuity issues with Jon's age.

As for the first issue, I liked it, but I remember liking first couple of previous series as well and it didn't turn out that well in the end so we'll see how this goes.

Quote Originally Posted by OopsIdiditagain View Post
    Why not just age up Damian? He's been 13 for a while now and he looks 10. Meanwhile Emiko and Wallace are supposed to be in his age range and they look 16. Damian's the one that looks out of place to be honest.

Tim Drake and Cassie are supposed to be going to college according to YJ, so it's not like aging up Damian would mess up Batfamily dynamics.
    Damian celebrated his 13th at around the same time when Tim was accepted into collage aged 16. This already messes up the Batfamily dynamics since it means that Damian and Tim both have 3 years as Robin.

This is problematic enough. DC needs to age Tim up. Put some distance between him and Damian.

Damian is supposed to be a short person so not an issue him being shorter than the his peers. He is supposed to be a 13 yr old who's shorter than a 10 yr old afterall

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Where has the time gone? I didn't even realize this was out yet. Well, I know what I'm reading before bed tonight! Can't wait. Glad to hear the positive reviews from people.