see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Default Super Sons Return!

What else can be said Tomasi is back with Jon and Damian!

It is a digital first series that picks up right after The Adventure of The Super Sons - soooo stoked!

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/11/24/dc...ember-14-2020/

Last edited by charliehustle415; 11-25-2020 at 12:21 AM.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

I'm a simple man. I see Tomasi on Super Sons and I buy. The last maxi wasn't great, I'll be honest. It was a bit forgettable, but it was fun enough and I miss reading those boys getting into trouble. Even Damian who I will always argue works best as coffin stuffing.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    I'm a simple man. I see Tomasi on Super Sons and I buy. The last maxi wasn't great, I'll be honest. It was a bit forgettable, but it was fun enough and I miss reading those boys getting into trouble. Even Damian who I will always argue works best as coffin stuffing.
    Sir, I take offense to you referring to my beautiful boy as "coffin stuffing"

I feel the same, when Tomasi is involved with anything to do with Supes or Bats I am on it.

I am so happy to see young Jon and Damian get up to no good.

Spectacular Member

I cheered when I saw this. I'm ordering the trades next month for the adventures of supersons and this'll be the first series that I'll be following month to month

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Sir, I take offense to you referring to my beautiful boy as "coffin stuffing"

I feel the same, when Tomasi is involved with anything to do with Supes or Bats I am on it.

I am so happy to see young Jon and Damian get up to no good.
    Sigh

Ten paces, turn and fire, sir. We'll have our pound of flesh before the day is through.

In all seriousness, this is exactly the kind of thing that digital should be used for. Hopefully it does well and gets a print run.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Sigh

Ten paces, turn and fire, sir. We'll have our pound of flesh before the day is through.

In all seriousness, this is exactly the kind of thing that digital should be used for. Hopefully it does well and gets a print run.
    Exactly!

This gives me hope that the "Digital First" series can be used to look at different eras of DC; this gives me hope that one day we can get a Steph Batgirl title written by Bryan Q. Miller.
    I would also love to see a Dick Grayson as Batman series from Tomasi as a digital first.

If ATT had any sense they would go all in on the whole omniverse thing and start pumping out 12 -14 issue minis on every digital platform.

There is so much potential, hell give Morrison a 6 issue run of Batman 666

Agh, I'm getting myself into a tizzy just thinking about it

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning63 View Post
    I cheered when I saw this. I'm ordering the trades next month for the adventures of supersons and this'll be the first series that I'll be following month to month
    Luckily for you friend, it is a weekly title!

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Exactly!

This gives me hope that the "Digital First" series can be used to look at different eras of DC; this gives me hope that one day we can get a Steph Batgirl title written by Bryan Q. Miller.
    I would also love to see a Dick Grayson as Batman series from Tomasi as a digital first.

If ATT had any sense they would go all in on the whole omniverse thing and start pumping out 12 -14 issue minis on every digital platform.

There is so much potential, hell give Morrison a 6 issue run of Batman 666

Agh, I'm getting myself into a tizzy just thinking about it
    There are so many B/C listers who could live on in digital I try not to think about it. So many great characters destined to rot on the shelves.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

I loved the original Super-Sons title, but I agree that the Adventures of Super-Sons maxi that followed was missing something. I never finished it. Is it worth reading?

Hopefully this new series will be more like their first book and less like the second.

Spectacular Member

I'd love to see a Flash family or titans title by Peter Tomasi

Quote Originally Posted by Bored at 3:00AM View Post
    I loved the original Super-Sons title, but I agree that the Adventures of Super-Sons maxi that followed was missing something. I never finished it. Is it worth reading?

Hopefully this new series will be more like their first book and less like the second.
    I have to agree with you--loved the original title but the subsequent limited series seemed like it was missing something and IMO was extremely dragged out. Hopefully I'll re-read it in years to come and will enjoy it more.

Unfortunately digital just isn't something I'm interested in--I spend all day in front of a computer and too much time on my phone and personal laptop--so hopefully this new series will see print.

This sounds cool and I think its a sign of the DC's less strict approach to continuity.
    I think we'll get some more books that are not necessarily part of the main continuity's present.

As for this one in particular, I wonder if they're following the usual DC digital format of regular issues being divided in two, where every page is half of a printed page and not all new digital issues get to have their own covers.
    I hope not, because that format always seemed like a half-hearted attempt at creating digital comics that makes every issue feel like a 5-minute read (at best) and they're usually very poorly presented because we can always see the parts of the other half of the page that was cut in half to fit the format.